996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I bought KK's car(long story...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 03:28 PM
redlineblue
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Can we make this thread sticky, and have a link to it auto-post in response to any future post from that pathetic slime ball KK?
Old 04-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think we can all agree that the OP is a class act. Sorry we had to meet him under these circumstances.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:30 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,014 Posts

deleted

Last edited by ZuffenZeus; 04-14-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:33 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If we used the same thought process as in the Walker case, could probubly add Pelican, Porsche, and the bearing vendor. If yo bring suit in Cal, add in rennlist

While I am not an attorney, I would agree with our resident attorney KC that it appears to be a strong case of fraud from KK
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,889 Likes on 2,891 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
I was under the assumption based on KK's description in his thread documenting the bearing update that he used the Pelican kit EXCEPT the bearing that he sourced directly from the bearing manufacturer/distributor, and that he subsequently contacted Pelican trying to get them to change the bearing in their kit so it would include the one he used.

Based on what we've read over the past couple of days, I hope Pelican continued to ignore the suggestion.

I interpret this as "I used using the Pelican retaining bolt/stud with the ceramic hybrid [CH] bearing I sourced directly."
You also need to figure that KK most likely didn't seal the bearing correctly using the proper sealant and good chance his install was subpar - mixing and matching IMS components is simply a ignorant shortcut/rookie move to save a few dollars.

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
KC: After reading your posts for so long, I thought you were a great guy.....now I just see you are chasing ambulances. WTF dude? The pain and aggravation that the OP would go through would not be worth it.

Why do lawyers in the US have to sue everybody for everything? It's a used car for god's sake!

For the record, I still like you, but don't agree with you on this one.
I didn't get that KC was advocating it so much as pointing out that there really is the potential for a case and explaining how it might be a really easy one.

To be fair to lawyers, if the general public wasn't so sue happy there would be a lot less of them in the world...
Old 04-14-2016, 03:39 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,889 Likes on 2,891 Posts

KC: After reading your posts for so long, I thought you were a great guy.....now I just see you are chasing ambulances. WTF dude? The pain and aggravation that the OP would go through would not be worth it.

Why do lawyers in the US have to sue everybody for everything? It's a used car for god's sake!

You sound way off - This isn't an ambulance chasing case.

If the OP can collect some money to put toward his new engine, power to him. The OP would have no pain or aggravation sitting back and letting the attorney sort it out given the facts. It would be icing on the cake if anything - A sense of gain
Old 04-14-2016, 03:49 PM
kab1994
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not an ambulance chasing case. I'm not even going to go further than that. KC is absolutely right, there is a case here.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No pain or aggravation at all. A tersely worded letter from a good attorney on their letterhead is one of the fastest ways to positively resolve a conflict. Relatively inexpensive as well. Just give your barrister the facts and let them go to work.

Its a lot more fun when you are the hammer. Not so much when you are the nail...
Old 04-14-2016, 04:00 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good call paul. many of the re-pliers in a perverse are glad that the op,s engine failed.....it gives them a chance to key board fight KK. i would not buy from half these hippocritter po cheerleaders .as for the [ha ha] legal "advice" ninja pleeezzzz......dude could not fix a dog walking case from their mommies basement
Old 04-14-2016, 04:01 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Youri Ko
I'm still out of loop here, which bearing was used? Pelican's or off the shelf SNF?

post #4, in case you missed it:

I am now convinced to install my CH bearing without the seals
Old 04-14-2016, 04:06 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Personally, I don't think "C4911" has a case IMHO. I've personally experienced cases of fraud (by my definition) and have won some, but many of them get thrown out because of the laws associated with used car sales or there was a lack of evidence of malice or fraudulence on behalf of the seller. The laws may be different in his state, but in Georgia, if a person purchases a used car "as-is" regardless of what's been done to it (i.e. modified, repaired, etc.), it's his warts and all. And the fact that C4911 has owned the car for almost 2 years and has put 7,000 miles on it, doesn't really give him a legal leg to stand on. Yes, I fully agree that sellers should honor full disclosure, but unfortunately, the laws are light on used car sales which causes sellers to hide problems and/or look the other way. Of course, we all know because of the $$ that was exchanged in this sell, that this is not something that can be easily settled in small claims and so he'll have to hire an attorney and spend a ton of money to present this case in court. My comments have nothing to do with the person "KrazyK", but rather based on my experiences with cases of fraud in my life. Of course, there is nothing stopping him from getting a legal opinion or even pursuing this in court... he has ever right to do so, but he'll have a tough case either way and the penalty for losing is that his bank acct will become much lighter. Cheers!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:22 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
The laws may be different in his state, but in Georgia, if a person purchases a used car "as-is" regardless of what's been done to it (i.e. modified, repaired, etc.), it's his warts and all.
I think the issue here that could give this case it's legs is that KK sold the car with the disclosure that the IMSB had been changed and also included the receipt for the Pelican bearing, but did not disclose that he actually used a different bearing for the swap. So he ended up selling the car as one thing when it was actually something else entirely and outside reasonable ability of the buyer to verify before the sale.

If he had simply not promoted the bearing being changed and/or not included the receipt for the not-installed-bearing in the documentation, then I would agree that it would be a tough case. He did though (and documented it on the web!) which is what could make it easier than usual.

All that said though, I still wouldn't really advocate filing a suit. It sucks and the OP is out a chunk of change for KK's misdeeds, but I generally prefer to just move on with life rather than have to continue to interact with such a situation.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM
thebowl
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Because of juries, who make crazy awards and thereby encourage these suits, that's why. And juries comprise just about a complete cross-section of society, apart from attorneys, who are almost never chosen to sit.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the OP asked for advice on what to do. Not for people to fight on whose opinion is right on if he can sue or not (appears to be just as opinionated as what oil to use)

Quick Reply: I bought KK's car(long story...)