Notices

OPRV alignment tool 944 S2

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPRV alignment tool 944 S2

Does anyone have an OPRV alignment tool for a 944 S2 that they could/would lend?

I am trying to solve a low oil pressure problem on my S2 and before I pull off the oil pan I want to double check that the alignment did not somehow get out of whack.

Thanks
Mark
Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
StyleLab
Burning Brakes

Iirc you do not need the tool. You can align it with your oprv. If it comes in and out without binding, you are good to go. My engine is on a stand with the oil cooler out if you want to drop by and see what I mean
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
pkjense
Racer

I had no problemdoing it without the tool. carefully removed, cleaned and reinstalled.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StyleLab
Iirc you do not need the tool. You can align it with your oprv. If it comes in and out without binding, you are good to go. My engine is on a stand with the oil cooler out if you want to drop by and see what I mean
Mark, this is what I did, too, which is why I don't have the tool. If you can find an independent garage near you with an actual oil pressure gauge, I would be curious to see whether it's also reading low. Not that I would encourage you to drive there with low oil pressure!

Nick, why is your engine out? Mine's back in after a rebuild and I'm hoping to start it tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

thanks for the comments. In case you are curious here is my problem thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=76285

Since I just change the pressure sender I would like to check the oil pressure directly off the sending unit if I can. I have read clarks procedure but not really sure I get it. Can I just connect the pressure gauge lead to a multimeter and ground and then measure the resistance against what is in the table on clarks. Whats up with the Variable Resistance Potentiometer mentioned and why does he mention the requirement for a multimeter but then does not seem to use it?

thanks

Quick Reply: OPRV alignment tool 944 S2