Notices

Wings and Cars....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
CaptB412
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wings and Cars....

We keep talking about getting together on a regular basis, but nobody seems to do anything. So here is what I propose.

Wings and Cars (I was going to say Hooters and Cars or Breasts and Cars or even **** and Cars, but I thought I would be politically corrrect) is the unofficial name of the new monthly event that I propose.

The idea is that on the first Saturday of each month we can meet at Hooters for some breasts, oops, I mean wings, beer and everything Porsche.

Now, I know everyone has their favorite Hooters, but this is how I propose to do it (and since I am the one setting this up right now.....)

May 3 will be at Hooters of Fort Lauderdale (which is just off I95 and Cypress Creek)

June 7 will be at Hooters of Hollywood (Seminole Hard Rock)

July 5 will return to Hooters of Fort Lauderdale

August 2 will return to Hooters of Hollywood.

I know this is short notice for this weekend, but someone had to start something - we can't just be all talk and no action.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm good for Hooters Ft. Laud. on a recurring basis. Don't think my car will make it to Hollywood though (I don't drive it further than I can walk home)...might have to drive the Jap* car for that one.

*Not politically correct.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds good.....was wondering what happened to the saturday breakfast runs..
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
CaptB412
Rennlist Member

Well, this Saturday is the official beginning - at 12:00 p.m.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds like a solid plan! I would love to come out this Saturday but I'm going to be doing this at Sebring: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...008_159149.htm
Old 04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPIKES
Sounds good.....was wondering what happened to the saturday breakfast runs..
Sounds like the "breakfast runs" are being converted to "beer runs"...who needs breakfast anyway?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great idea but I'd add one or better yet, two locations in Miami-Dade for us "Southern People".

South Beach Breakfast Club: It's been on a long hiatus as I've been out of town way too much and no one else hasn't organized it when I'm out (I know, I should still get it together when I'm out). It will be back for sure, maybe we could do both:

Wings and Cars on every first Sat of the month @ 12 and SBBC on every 3rd Sunday of the month @ 8 am (and rotating the location similarily as with your W & C)?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

My daughters 14th birthday party is Saturday (seven 14-16 year old girls). I might have to pass on Hooters unless I can convince her to go to Chucky Cheeze at night instead of the beach an sleepover
Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
CaptB412
Rennlist Member

I was actually thinking of the Miami folks in choosing Seminole Hard Rock - it has better turnpike access than Pembroke Pines and a fairly easy shot up or down the turnpike. The only options (as far as Hooters locations) for Dade were Doral, Bayside and Coconut Grove, all of which are very far South for those in Palm Beach County. I also want to keep the locations pretty well set so that people will remember. We might find, for example, that the Hard Rock is the best or most central location for the tri-county area or that Fort Lauderdale being just off 95 is a better place. If we begin to see one venue being more popular than the other, I can then go to Hooters management and ask if they can "block off" a certain number of spaces for us on each Saturday that we are there.

I like SBBC on the 3rd Sunday down in South Beach and that is a good drive. After all, didn't we all buy P-Cars to drive them? I hope to see everyone this Saturday at 12:00.

The Captain.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

You're right, Seminole is a good one, it's easy to get to from basically anywhere (but there was an issue with parking or something?) although the last Hooters I was (Ft. Lauderdale?) was also easy.

But do have to stick with Hooters only? For example some waterfront location in Ft. Lauderdale area or thereabout or just some other joint with good food (I think we can all agree that's not the strong point of Hooters...) would be good.
That said, starting place (& time) would be good to keep the same always, whatever it is.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Seminole Hard rock
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
CaptB412
Rennlist Member

We are meeting at Lion's Den Cabaret on May 9 - which is another fine establishment - that actually does have good food. Let's just keep W &C at Hooters for the time. As someone said, let's see how many people actually show up. Remember - this Saturday at Fort Lauderdale Hooters (that is off of Cypress Creek).
Old 04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 207 Posts

B, I'm in. Good plan!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
tman
Pro

I'm in for the SBBC, but can't do the saturday thing since I'm working saturdays.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

OK, next SBBC on May 18th, 7.30 am so it's 2 weeks after this Saturday's Wings & Beer.
Starting point is from the Dunkin' off of I-95 near Golde Glades interchange (kinda middle location for South & North folks), we'll leave around 8 am after everyone has had their coffees & whatnots.

We'll then go to South Beach for breakfast. Next month will be up at Ft. Lauderdale beach.

I'll post separately so please, "Wings & Beer" replies here and then SBBC replies on that post.

Quick Reply: Wings and Cars....