members.rennlist.org 404?!!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

It's been over 3 months now with no progress on this issue. I would really like to be able to manage my website. Any idea when it might be fixed, Robb?

TT
Old 08-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 699 Likes on 486 Posts

I will get an update tomorrow on the status of this. We've had some internal challenges this summer that have lead to delays.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:10 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thanks for looking into it, Robb.

TT
Old 11-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I will get an update tomorrow on the status of this. We've had some internal challenges this summer that have lead to delays.
Still no solution, Robb?

Thx,
TT
Old 11-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

It is actually being worked on, but the timeline is not yet identified for resolution. I'll get an update this week.
The following users liked this post:
Tom Tweed (11-10-2019)
Old 06-26-2020, 12:02 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

It is actually being worked on, but the timeline is not yet identified for resolution. I'll get an update this week.
It's been over a year now since the last failure of the Rennlist member website access, Robb. Did you ever get an update on the timeline to fix this problem?

Thx,
TT
Old 06-29-2020, 10:41 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

The ticket hasn't been updated in ages, there appears to be some difficulty with the file system itself which was housed on an old windows box that failed. At this point, I am really unsure what the resolution looks like. Covid19 has shrunken our team and the focus has been on things that are considered high priority, which unfortunately this has not been categorized as. I will try to get an update in a meeting with our tech team later this week.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:17 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

The ticket hasn't been updated in ages, there appears to be some difficulty with the file system itself which was housed on an old windows box that failed. At this point, I am really unsure what the resolution looks like. Covid19 has shrunken our team and the focus has been on things that are considered high priority, which unfortunately this has not been categorized as. I will try to get an update in a meeting with our tech team later this week.
Thanks for the reply, Robb. Anything you could do would be appreciated. I hope the powers that be recognize that it looks like a higher priority to us lifers who have had those websites active for 20 years and suddenly have no access. It was my understanding that terms of the sale of the Rennlist domain included honoring the commitments made in the early days to lifetime members. Maybe that could increase the urgency of fixing it? Heck, part of my site is still there and being served up to the internet, just give me FTP access and I'll fix the broken links myself. I don't need the old site management interface that was always cumbersome at best.
Regards,
TT
Old 01-11-2021, 02:43 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

A 6-month bump to try to keep this issue alive.

Any chance of a resolution?

TT
Old 06-15-2023, 03:02 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Well, I guess after 6 years of waiting for IB to fix all the member websites they broke, it is safe to say that nothing will ever happen to resolve this disaster.

Just thought I would add this curmudgeonly remark to memorialize my displeasure with losing all the time I invested in it over 20+ years.

TT

Quick Reply: members.rennlist.org 404?!!?!?!?