Notices

Hello, Internet Brands? This is a little much...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Great minds think alike!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
964speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats for having a wife and children! RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN!

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Ah, right, a non-paying Rennlist member would see it that way. Those of us who pay/have paid for memberships see it a bit differently...
Originally Posted by ltc
FWIW, I have met DrJupeman, his wife Katie, their children and their dog......
he is about as far from a 'jerk' as you can possibly get.
In addition, Katie is an extremely well liked and respected (lifetime) member of Rennlist.

BTW, as previously mentioned, your English/Grammar skills.......EPIC FAIL.
My feeling are so hurt! LOL - I guess both of you can go scratch! Clearly this board is full of A$$ holes - I merely answered a question with my opinion, but the that fact that I did so at time when I did not pay the 17.95 for my yearly fee makes the jerk's opinion more valid?! WHAT THE F*&K! Wow ! I couldn't possible care less about this person family situation! I gather his feelings are about equal for my family situation!

Maybe if he would have only respected another person opinion instead writing some dumb things this would not have started!

As far as my english, I am very sorry! - I Didn't realize class was in session, I guess no one here makes errors in spelling or gramma - only in character - Must be nice to be GODs!

Oh yeap - why don't you guys just quite the board becuase MM advertises here - That sounds like a great idea...My God toughen up! You are so thin skined...LOL
Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by sgoldberg
My feeling are so hurt! LOL - I guess both of you can go scratch! Clearly this board is full of A$$ holes - I merely answered a question with my opinion, but the that fact that I did so at time when I did not pay the 17.95 for my yearly fee makes the jerk's opinion more valid?! WHAT THE F*&K! Wow ! I couldn't possible care less about this person family situation! I gather his feelings are about equal for my family situation!

Maybe if he would have only respected another person opinion instead writing some dumb things this would not have started!

As far as my english, I am very sorry! - I Didn't realize class was in session, I guess no one here makes errors in spelling or gramma - only in character - Must be nice to be GODs!

Oh yeap - why don't you guys just quite the board becuase MM advertises here - That sounds like a great idea...My God toughen up! You are so thin skined...LOL

Tool.

Andreas
Old 09-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know anything about the reputation of aforementioned MM, but it sounds like someone might want to alert Internet Brands that some (sounds like a big sum of some) find them sketchy. They can do their own research then.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

You're not going to win friends here with posts like that. If you look at the people that you're responding to, they have lots of posts over a long time...they ain't going away. You can either stop diggin now, or you will likely end up being the next Ghetto Racer.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Tool.

Andreas
+2

19 whole posts in 9 months.

I'm sure there was a lot of contribution in the past 16.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 38D
You're not going to win friends here with posts like that. If you look at the people that you're responding to, they have lots of posts over a long time...they ain't going away. You can either stop diggin now, or you will likely end up being the next Ghetto Racer.
Which isn't so bad...The guy had a whole forum devoted to him!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I see that you have no rebuttal to my #1, which explained Jupe's comment.

I also see that your gramma ain't gotten no betta
Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dear sgoldberg,
My apologies for attempting written communication skills.
Please allow me to try a simpler form of communication......my version of the Rennlist Hieroglpyh (no, don't even try to pronounce it).

Since you are also a well respected paying member of Rennlist, you have the right to chose which knee you prefer to kneel on.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I was wondering how many nanoseconds it was going to take for the MM banner to blow up across the board, particularly on the 911 page...(about two)...then I was wondering how many seconds it was going to take for sgolberg's post to blow up...(about one and a half)...
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 AM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

You need to develop a much thicker skin if you are going to play on the internet.

This board, and the 964 forum in particular is an incredible source of information for us p-car owners. I find the people here more knowledgeable and helpful than the other Porsche forums.

Jupeman's post was addressing the difference that a paying member and a non-paying user should experience. We are already paying for the service, and to be subjected to advertising all of a sudden is a little disconcerting.

In addition, MotorMeister has an incredibly bad reputation in the Porsche community. Many peoples early posts are about how they got screwed by them having their engines rebuilt with a smattering of parts, and shoddy techniques.

As you yourself say, respect is earned. Well, you have gone a long way towards earning a heap of disrespect with your posts. Try and mellow out, and not take things so personally. Most of the misunderstandings on the internet are differences in the way people interpret the written word, not personal attacks.

Now that you are a member, come on over to Off-Topic. It'll be a blast!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez guys, How did all of this get so nasty? Don't let the MM Karma mess with your heads. Its only a bunch of opinions here... I am not sure where all the Hating is coming from for sgoldberg.... Just a guy who is new... Relax please?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Oracle
Pro

ah.. the ol' epic RL attitute at best...
C'mon guys, members or not we're all entitled to an opinion. What's not nice is to show teeth to others..
We're all Porsche owners.. doesn't that count?

Since I'm not a member I can't complain about the ads.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Oracle
ah.. the ol' epic RL attitute at best...
C'mon guys, members or not we're all entitled to an opinion. What's not nice is to show teeth to others..
We're all Porsche owners.. doesn't that count?

Since I'm not a member I can't complain about the ads.
I agree that Rennlist is a better place when we welcome new friends to our sandbox. That said, most don't approach in such a caustic manner.

sgoldberg is certainly entitled to his opinion about the ads and to his opinion about DrJupeman and his family. Since he emphatically disagrees with DrJupeman, he may wish to know about the ignore feature on Rennlist (aka - the "sticks and stones may break my bones, but you're not going to get a rise out of me" button).

I do suggest that he takes a piece of his own advice, and respect the fact that folks here will post their own opinions, however dumb they may be.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

sgoldberg, you should get a membership, then you can post in the OT section, where you will fit right in