Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I'm done - I'm out of here

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
Default I'm done - I'm out of here

Please feel free to delete my username - posts, etc.

I will not be party or contributor of technical information to any site that promotes Motor Meister.

There have been too many accounts of engines showing up with miss matched cylinders. Shoddy repair work. I've seen their work first hand.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

Funny you should mention this . I just saw an add for both Motormeister and Victory in Pano ... guess the Porsche club will take anybodies money ...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been too many accounts of engines showing up with miss matched cylinders. Shoddy repair work. I've seen their work first hand.
imo
You have certainly made your point. However, it was someone like you that posted a questionable reference to MM that halted my buy of a car in Denver with an engine from them. Someone like you. I suggest that others and myself may enjoy and gain from your input. Rather than beat up on us by going away, stay around and take a punch at those that you object to-------- like you just did. Education is a wonderful thing and any loss here of information flow or frienship is to be avoided. These are expensive cars to fix and the innocent need all the help they can find.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

I second Barry.

-Brent
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

oh no.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I will not be party or contributor of technical information to any site that promotes Motor Meister.
+++
or charges, or has a fee to look at adds. Or that thinks off topic or for sale section is worth paying for, LOL
and yes I can script and addblock all day, that's not the point.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Mark S in NM
Track Day

Originally Posted by theiceman
Funny you should mention this . I just saw an add for both Motormeister and Victory in Pano ... guess the Porsche club will take anybodies money ...
I believe Pano stopped whoreing, no MM in last issue. It was about damn time.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
MDL
Racer

Originally Posted by g-50cab
Please feel free to delete my username - posts, etc.

Why do you want to cut your nose to spite your face? Why not stick around and let everyone know of your experiences with these people? Isn't it better to get the word out? C'mon man.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Landmule
Advanced

Seems like a strong reaction to something that would have made a heck of an educational post. So, anyone else have something to share about the apparently dubious charactors at MM?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

It is pretty sad about RL accepting MM's money. Not going to go into why they are such a **** company here and now...too many searchable M&M horror stories. Funny thing...you cant add replies to their you tube videos on engines they rebuilt.

I am not leaving...too many good guys here, but I wont re-up my membership with money.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a strong reaction to something that would have made a heck of an educational post. So, anyone else have something to share about the apparently dubious charactors at MM?
Do a search on this and the other forum, so many Horror stories. I think g-50cab's decision is warranted and noble.

Didn't rennlist change hands? Maybe the new owners have no idea about MM?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I wrote to Pano too - to the uniformed - seeing their banner on the top of this respected forum is an endorsement - anyway you look at it.

If I am new to forums - and my car is smoking at stoplights - all it takes is a little search - google this forum, see the ad - click on the ad - get the number and get our buddy roy on the phone. "Sure we can rebuild your 72e for 4500 - maybe a grand more because it has MFI" before you know it your sticking a "rebuilt" 2.0 with solex carbs back in there wondering why your car feels down on power. Roy tells you to give it 90 days for the break in then it will "run like a scalded cat" to make sure your past your credit card challenge date.

If I was advertiser - I'd think long and heard about renewing my sponsorship on this site with those yahoos sharing the advertising spotlight.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
MDL
Racer

Originally Posted by g-50cab
I wrote to Pano too - to the uniformed - seeing their banner on the top of this respected forum is an endorsement - anyway you look at it.

If I am new to forums - and my car is smoking at stoplights - all it takes is a little search - google this forum, see the ad - click on the ad - get the number and get our buddy roy on the phone. "Sure we can rebuild your 72e for 4500 - maybe a grand more because it has MFI" before you know it your sticking a "rebuilt" 2.0 with solex carbs back in there wondering why your car feels down on power. Roy tells you to give it 90 days for the break in then it will "run like a scalded cat" to make sure your past your credit card challenge date.

If I was advertiser - I'd think long and heard about renewing my sponsorship on this site with those yahoos sharing the advertising spotlight.
Ah Ha! your back... I've always thought you were one who gave good advice here and I would hate to see you go.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

g-50cab------------
I suggest that MM might be VERY HAPPY to see you go and that others do not agree. Who wins? US or them.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It almost seems like an ad in RL constitutes an endorsement of the advertiser. I would hate to see anyone see the ad here and get stuck.

Is there some way we can express our concerns to the new owners of this site ?

Quick Reply: I'm done - I'm out of here