Notices

Hello, Internet Brands? This is a little much...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgoldberg
My God toughen up! You are so thin skined...LOL
Hey

Please take your own advice and calm down. This community has seen hundreds of new guys leave after a massive hysterical fit, and we as a community have to take some of the responsibility for that. The new guy should also take his part of the burden.

You do not want to lose out on the knowledge and spirit here on Rennlist I can assure you, but neither do we want to lose anyone because the more of us there are surely the more diverse our knowledge and opinons/views become?

--> Moderator: please lock this thread before someone gets hurt amd all we all lose out potentially.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

p.s. - as far as being new or not.....almost all of you are complete No0bs compared to me so your opinions don't count!

Ha ha.....
Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Interesting discussions lately on both MM ads and IB. Rennlist isn't a club run by its members. It's a business, part of IB's assets. Consequently, the are in the business of making a profit. I would think, however, that Rennlist members who are actilvey participating (posting and not lurking) are significantly important to IB. Without posters, you have a pretty sorry looking forum.

Banner ads don't bother me. Pop ups drive me nuts. Membership? Well, it's not the same as it was before. I gladly paid membership when John and Jen owned the site. It had a more mom and pops feel to it. Much like others, I was in it when it was Porschefans and Porschelist. I'm registered with Pelican, no fee there. AOL gave its membership free eventually, I wonder if Rennlist will go that route as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Dang this thread is starting to sound like ones in OT
I sort of agree with the "user" ads are ads. If you dont like them dont read them. I use Firefox with adblock plus add on and dont see them at all
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
964speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
I sort of agree with the "user" ads are ads. If you dont like them dont read them. I use Firefox with adblock plus add on and dont see them at all
Finally a sane person!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:13 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know if Rodney King is a Rennlister? Maybe he could do something here...
While someone finds out; take 5 people.

Hey Ilk, Sorry I didn't respond to your offer last week. I forgot I posted it.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

My feeling are so hurt! LOL - I guess both of you can go scratch! Clearly this board is full of A$$ holes - I merely answered a question with my opinion, but the that fact that I did so at time when I did not pay the 17.95 for my yearly fee makes the jerk's opinion more valid?! WHAT THE F*&K! Wow ! I couldn't possible care less about this person family situation! I gather his feelings are about equal for my family situation!

Maybe if he would have only respected another person opinion instead writing some dumb things this would not have started!

As far as my english, I am very sorry! - I Didn't realize class was in session, I guess no one here makes errors in spelling or gramma - only in character - Must be nice to be GODs!

Oh yeap - why don't you guys just quite the board becuase MM advertises here - That sounds like a great idea...My God toughen up! You are so thin skined...LOL
18 posts and you have already made a name for yourself. Boy this should get good . I don't think you could be more clueless about this place if I were you I might tighten up my harnesses it might get bumpy if you continue along this road.

As for the changes I agree Rennlist is not the same and is loosing most of its charm. I have especially noticed a lot of newcomers that are major A-holes and things are quickly sliding down hill. It is no longer the big happy family of people I can trust. Time to start putting the Buddy/Ignor list to use. Never had a need for it before.

I have no issues with adverts on the forum but I feel they have no place in my PM's.

BTW Ilko thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by jimq
Originally Posted by cobalt
18 posts and you have already made a name for yourself. Boy this should get good . I don't think you could be more clueless about this place if I were you I might tighten up my harnesses it might get bumpy if you continue along this road.

As for the changes I agree Rennlist is not the same and is loosing most of its charm. I have especially noticed a lot of newcomers that are major A-holes and things are quickly sliding down hill. It is no longer the big happy family of people I can trust. Time to start putting the Buddy/Ignor list to use. Never had a need for it before.

I have no issues with adverts on the forum but I feel they have no place in my PM's.

BTW Ilko thanks for the heads up.

Does this mean we are going to have an Internet fight after 5th period? oh boy the internet tough guys scare me...maybe I should get a helmet too! This is a porsche forum not a MMA forum!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Does this mean we are going to have an Internet fight after 5th period? oh boy the internet tough guys scare me...maybe I should get a helmet too! This is a porsche forum not a MMA forum!
I don't argue with tools. Go home little boy. You will be the first I add to my ignore list.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Guys, I posted this thread to voice my displeasure with Motor Meister's banner ad. I don't mind most of the other vendors, although I find it weird for a 928-specific banner ad to appear on the 964 forum. If I were the advertiser, I'd ask not to be charged for those impressions. I'm sure IB can figure out a way to get around that issue.

My intention was not to start a flame war, but to warn users and members alike of Motor Meister's reputation. In that I feel I've succeeded, because more people are now familiar with that company and the work they do. For that reason alone, I would like to keep the thread open, just like the SSI thread from last week should be kept open. Another bump, Lonnie?

I would also like to address the negativity between members and users. I think that sometimes it's hard to judge a person's intentions just by a couple of sentences that you see across the screen. Things are easily misunderstood in such conversations and I hope that everyone can agree on that.

We are all here because we are passionate about our cars, let's keep it in perspective and respect one another.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by cobalt
I don't argue with tools. Go home little boy. You will be the first I add to my ignore list.
oh no not the dreaded ignore list! I can't take, it is so f- ing funny.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by ilko
Guys, I posted this thread to voice my displeasure with Motor Meister's banner ad. I don't mind most of the other vendors, although I find it weird for a 928-specific banner ad to appear on the 964 forum. If I were the advertiser, I'd ask not to be charged for those impressions. I'm sure IB can figure out a way to get around that issue.

My intention was not to start a flame war, but to warn users and members alike of Motor Meister's reputation. In that I feel I've succeeded, because more people are now familiar with that company and the work they do. For that reason alone, I would like to keep the thread open, just like the SSI thread from last week should be kept open. Another bump, Lonnie?

I would also like to address the negativity between members and users. I think that sometimes it's hard to judge a person's intentions just by a couple of sentences that you see across the screen. Things are easily misunderstood in such conversations and I hope that everyone can agree on that.

We are all here because we are passionate about our cars, let's keep it in perspective and respect one another.

I concur with Ilko -
Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
...Another bump, Lonnie?
No problemo, Jefe! -- Everyone look at the birdie!

Name:  neuralizer2um5.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  34.9 KB
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I meant the SSI thread, but thanks anyway
Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

after 5 years on Rennlist this is the first pissing match I have ever remember seeing on the 964 side that wasnt about engine pan on / engine pan off.