Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:51 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by r8v10plus
What dealers have allocation? Dealing with Vancouver area dealers is a waste of time. Even as a Porsche owner they just give you the run around.
If you really want a car and are willing to put up with their BS, beg to go on the "list". I think some will decline when it comes time to configure. They will just go down the list. It's worth the trouble for a
stick. You might get lucky. Go down and talk to them. They don't seem to take emails or phone calls seriously. Some have had deposits down for years on this thing. Maybe they will take a deposit for a 992 GT3. I am not kidding.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm hanging in there for the stick car, going to be a long wait. It's not like I, or most who are waiting, don't have something nice to drive in the meantime.

As others have said, just be patient....
Old 05-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

I have signed an order but built it (for now) with PDK. It will be a weekend driver - and the odd night out - and using my SUV for weekends away...and my 993tt when I feel like shifting gears. When I think this through...I will use it for my 3 or 4 track days a year...and the odd spirited drive to work - stuck in traffic a lot....PDK seems like a better solution but I was the one guy complaining that I couldn't get my TTS with a stick in 2014 - now here Porsche give me what I asked for and I am thinking PDK! But it is a beautiful transmission I must admit....Am I nuts? Don't flame me but I think the PDK resale market will be equally strong to the stick because I think most GT3 buyers are looking for a car that does it all like me...and the hard core track guys who want to be faster might opt for a PDK? Thinking WAY too much about this...then don't get me off on colors!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^I'm in the same boat as far as not knowing which way to go, MT vs PDK. Not that this is going to help you, but if/when I have to decide, go with what you feel is right the day you need to make the final decision. Either way, I don't believe you can go wrong. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
^^^I'm in the same boat as far as not knowing which way to go, MT vs PDK. Not that this is going to help you, but if/when I have to decide, go with what you feel is right the day you need to make the final decision. Either way, I don't believe you can go wrong. Good luck.
Why would you pay the vig unless you're plumping for manual?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Why would you pay the vig unless you're plumping for manual?
You know, go with the latest/greatest.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I have signed an order but built it (for now) with PDK. It will be a weekend driver - and the odd night out - and using my SUV for weekends away...and my 993tt when I feel like shifting gears. When I think this through...I will use it for my 3 or 4 track days a year...and the odd spirited drive to work - stuck in traffic a lot....PDK seems like a better solution but I was the one guy complaining that I couldn't get my TTS with a stick in 2014 - now here Porsche give me what I asked for and I am thinking PDK! But it is a beautiful transmission I must admit....Am I nuts? Don't flame me but I think the PDK resale market will be equally strong to the stick because I think most GT3 buyers are looking for a car that does it all like me...and the hard core track guys who want to be faster might opt for a PDK? Thinking WAY too much about this...then don't get me off on colors!
Bang on right here. You may like the PDK in auto more than you think. It's like having Senna change gears for you on the track at quick speeds as well.

When you try manual on track it's fantastic but using auto for up shifts and manually downshifting where the trans doesn't have eyes is 👌
Old 05-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I spec d pdk. Like above post I have my old hotrod foe rowing gears. The wait is what it is. I'd think most people that are getting one have something else to tied them over.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Originally Posted by Henley1
I spec d pdk. Like above post I have my old hotrod foe rowing gears. The wait is what it is. I'd think most people that are getting one have something else to tied them over.
Congrats on the allocations!
Old 05-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Got my allocation, Nov/Dec build, February delivery....

The only sure thing at this time about the build is that it is going to be a manual
Old 05-21-2017, 11:03 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Got my allocation, Nov/Dec build, February delivery....

The only sure thing at this time about the build is that it is going to be a manual
Congrats.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:29 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Anyone else get the good news???
Old 06-07-2017, 07:36 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Im hoping that 991.1 cars get nice and cheap! Who would want to be seen in one of those.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Still waiting patiently.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
July August for me,
Hopefully, the delays in US delivery won't impact our new allocations much.. Also read that Euro dealers have had an influx of allocations, which could also cause some delays for our allotments.

Good thing I'm travelling for most of the summer..

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.