19VFB19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Best cat name ever: Zazzles
Old 12-02-2016, 09:58 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

UCR... that's Urban Cat Relief, not Upper Canada Region. We adopted both of ours through them.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by 928gt
UCR... that's Urban Cat Relief, not Upper Canada Region. We adopted both of ours through them.
Adoption is really the only responsible way. Ya everyone wants a kitten, but they only stay a kitten for a short time.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AM993
How about orange with a twist: Bengal cat. I can put you in touch with our breader.
These are very unique cats, but make sure you have one far enough removed as they can get nasty
Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Wife is on the hunt for an Orange Kitten (paint to sample, low miles, no accidents).
She says they are hard to find this time of year. Someone recommended a male over female.
Any kitten experts here? Please share you advice. Any reason to wait until spring? It will probably be a mostly indoor cat.
She has been following humane society website as they post pics when they get kittens.
We have had several cats in male and female form, I can say that the males are more loyal and like to cuddle, but like to roam if left out. Females are kinda finicky but not as curious or brave as males. But not as friendly.

We used to leave male cats outside and they would be way down the block and sometimes gone for a few days hunting around. The females don't roam as much. Bit more finicky all around.

Both are good.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 409 Posts

update: we got a litter box, litter, food and water bowls, toys, food and we are ready.
Going to humane society downtown this afternoon but they only have a grey kitten. My wife says she would consider a grey one but I think we shouldn't compromise and wait for the paint to sample one in Lava Orange. I suspect when my kids (7 and 11) see the grey one we may not have a choice
Old 12-04-2016, 06:25 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

After 4+1 cats which are all rescues, I am not so sure colour guarantees personality. 4 of the cats I had/have are dark tabby, one is long hair female while the other 3 are short hair male, the first male was the best, friendly with all humans and other cats I brought into the house, including my sister's cats when I pet set, second male was fine with me but was terribly timid and nasty when being transported, third male loves all humans, have a bit of issue when new(er) cats are introduced to the house.

The fourth female has the most characteristics of them all, fearless from day one when I got her home at about 4-5 weeks old, would confront the 6 year old third cat with no fear what-so-ever, she's now 15 months old and has become quite affectionate.

The "+1" cat was an orange tabby, he looks literally just like Garfield, was a stray cat that my sister started feeding when he came to their house in the country, eventually took him in as a house cat, he was very docile and easy going, however got overweight, just like Garfield. My sister gave him to me when one of my cat passed on, he was fine for a couple of weeks then started pooping all over in my basement, something he's never done before while staying at my place when my sister's family is away, I finally had to give him back to my sister when he urinated in the entry area of the house.

Turns out the issue was he, and apparently a lot of orange tabby cats, can't control their appetite very well and gorge on food unlike many other cats, so in this case his system could not digest quickly so he ended up have the runs......

My sister started regulating his food intake and the problem went away quickly, however my schedule does not allow me to do the same so she kept him for another 3 years before he was diagnosed with heart issue and was put down, everyone in her family was heart broken but he had 5 or 6 years of good life.

Bottom line, there are no guarantees with pets, they are just like human, all different, enjoy the adoption process and love these pets forever!!

Last edited by aviography; 12-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:57 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

We are fostering a young male that is looking to be adopted. He is only a year or so old and a really cool cat. Looks like a black panther and must be 20" long and 18 lbs.
You would be able to retain your man card if you had adopted this cat. Message me if interested.

Quick Reply: Wanted Orange Kitten