Notices

Reminder: GTG in GTA Saturday April 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016 | 03:17 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Default Reminder: GTG in GTA Saturday April 9 - winter location again!

Just a reminder that because of the anticipated weather tomorrow, we are staying at Artisano's for one more week. The new GTG thread has been updated to reflect the changes. https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...ngs-10-am.html

Last edited by pongobaz; 04-07-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2016 | 06:34 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 04-07-2016 | 06:52 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Artisano's it is for another week!...after all that amazing winter, we are paying by having a late Spring.
Old 04-08-2016 | 12:32 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

It's been a trend of late, lingering winter, though I recall a season opener at Mosport decades ago when the sedans had to retire due to the sudden snow storm and that was late April. In any case it will be distant memory in July when we all look to find the shade.
Old 04-08-2016 | 01:19 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by JimV8
It's been a trend of late, lingering winter, though I recall a season opener at Mosport decades ago when the sedans had to retire due to the sudden snow storm and that was late April. In any case it will be distant memory in July when we all look to find the shade.
That was a f**king horrible weekend. Woke up to about 2 inches of snow on Sat morning. It snowed several times during the day stopping a couple of sessions. On one of the 1200 practice sessions we had half of the group spinning out. It got to the point where the course communicator told us to stop calling in spins unless someone hit something solid. Lots of red flags for visibility and snow on the course. By Sun morning I had nothing dry to wear - socks draped over the heater vents in my car between sessions just to warm up the moisture. Sun was a mix of rain and sleet. I never saw time stand still like that day. Everyone was checking their watches every few minutes wanting the day to go quicker. Sunday night I drove home near naked as I didn't want my wet pants and shirt on the leather. Even drove barefoot. Would have been interesting had I been pulled over... Drove really nice that night observing all traffic laws.
Old 04-08-2016 | 01:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I did my first introductory driver training on the DDT at Mosport April 23rd... in a foot of snow pushing the cars up the hill at the back .. and when I say "hill" I mean slight incline ..
Old 04-09-2016 | 01:16 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
I did my first introductory driver training on the DDT at Mosport April 23rd... in a foot of snow pushing the cars up the hill at the back .. and when I say "hill" I mean slight incline ..

April 2007...I remember it well. You, Arnaud and I first thought that things might be interesting when we found a light dusting of snow at our breakfast stop off the 401 and all three of us were on summer tires. The skid pad certainly was slippery.
Attached Images   
Old 04-09-2016 | 01:32 AM
aviography
Drifting

Only driven my car once since putting the insurance back on almost a month ago, the car will be coming out of garage today.

Then snowblower will then come back out again Sunday night or Monday morning it seems.......

Quick Reply: Reminder: GTG in GTA Saturday April 2nd