Trusted Dealers in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 01:49 PM
GR8TRADE
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trusted Dealers in the GTA

Hi Folks,
I am newbie on the forum. What a resourceful place!
By looking at all the old and existing posts here, I am sure to get some quality replies!

I am in the market for my first PCar this summer (specifically interested in a 997.2 or 997.1 depending on the mileage and specs).

I was wondering if any of you can share any great or horrible experience you've previously had with a dealer? Obviously Carproof and PPI will not be skipped in my search, but I just want to mentally price in any premiums and discounts on their listed price based on your feedback. Nothing beats a good "crowd-review"! GTA has such a wide spectrum of dealers, I would definitely love to avoid the known worsts.

Thanks a head guys!

And... if you are interested to sell, please PM me as well!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

why a dealer

I am sure you will still get a CPoed car if it is new enough , is this what you are after ? I am not sure if you could still get a cpo 997.1 .
You will definitely pay a premium for this . Why not talk to someone like Derek who has a beautiful one for sale , you could buy it from a dealer if you like once they take their cut !!!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Dealers offer a certain amount of protection because of how regulated the industry is. Their cars generally cost more, and they know less about them. That last fact doesn't really matter, because you should always get an independent inspection anyway. The only exception to that would be a CPO car. Those would be the most expensive, but when you factor in peace of mind, it's probably worth it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the good vs bad dealers. If the price is right and the car passes and independent inspection, buy it. The dealer could be the slimiest, most dishonest guy on the planet but if he's holding a good car that's priced well, who cares. Just make sure you've done all your homework. Again, get an inspection.

Private sales will have better prices but you're completely on your own, so you need to do that much more homework. Run the carproof or carfax (or both). Call a local dealer and ask them to run the VIN for service records. If they balk, offer to pay them for their time. Have the car inspected by someone other than the seller's mechanic.

Did I mention, make sure you get an inspection?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:28 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from non factory dealers for the most part. Private sales get a PPI done at Pfaff, Daytona, keltech , or EU autowerks.
There are a lot of junk dealers in the Gta . Be careful , only non factory dealers I would reccommend are motion endeavours ,MVL,and Daytona auto centre

Last edited by NOBLEGT3; 04-07-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:40 PM
cash-man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Why not talk to someone like Derek who has a beautiful one for sale , you could buy it from a dealer if you like once they take their cut !!!
Clive - you are not getting a commission

The car is here for anyone to look at.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:42 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cash-man
Clive - you are not getting a commission

The car is here for anyone to look at.
im good for a ride in the GT4 tho right ?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:55 PM
GR8TRADE
Cruisin'

why a dealer

I am sure you will still get a CPoed car if it is new enough , is this what you are after ? I am not sure if you could still get a cpo 997.1 .
You will definitely pay a premium for this . Why not talk to someone like Derek who has a beautiful one for sale , you could buy it from a dealer if you like once they take their cut !!!
Hey Iceman, thanks for being my first reply!

I am looking at Private sales as well, I did come across some very attractive ones, but also a few who backed out at a very late stage of the process... I guess Porsche owners generally are very attached to their baby.

But the primary reason why I am looking at a dealer is because I do have cars that can be trade in. As well, I have just been seeing a lot of activities in "new" inventories coming up in the market. Just naturally popping on my radar lately.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:56 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

+1, OMVIC has mega power over dealers, and will protect the consumer at any cost...
GTA Motorcars and MVL are another good bunch...
I avoid the GTA the best I can....

Originally Posted by Christien
Dealers offer a certain amount of protection because of how regulated the industry is. Their cars generally cost more, and they know less about them. That last fact doesn't really matter, because you should always get an independent inspection anyway. The only exception to that would be a CPO car. Those would be the most expensive, but when you factor in peace of mind, it's probably worth it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the good vs bad dealers. If the price is right and the car passes and independent inspection, buy it. The dealer could be the slimiest, most dishonest guy on the planet but if he's holding a good car that's priced well, who cares. Just make sure you've done all your homework. Again, get an inspection.

Private sales will have better prices but you're completely on your own, so you need to do that much more homework. Run the carproof or carfax (or both). Call a local dealer and ask them to run the VIN for service records. If they balk, offer to pay them for their time. Have the car inspected by someone other than the seller's mechanic.

Did I mention, make sure you get an inspection?
Old 04-07-2016, 04:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

The last time I was at MVL was on Queensway (if that's the place im thinking of )

They had a Veyron sitting in the show room ... nice !!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

The last time I was at MVL was on Queensway (if that's the place im thinking of )

Yes MVL too I bought my gt3 there
Old 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Yup that used to be the location, now on South Service road in Oakville...much better location and facility now

Old 04-07-2016, 04:33 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts

My vote is go meet Tom Neumann at Pfaff Porsche His email is: tomneumann@pfaffporsche.com

Tom has been my friend for 7 years (we met motorcycling) and when I bought a Porsche ( a CPO Cayman S) I did so through him. The folks at Pfaff have been very good to me and I can't imagine a better place or better people to buy a car from or deal with.

Tom is an honest and trustworthy guy. If you want to know more/have any questions shoot me a PM.

Originally Posted by GR8TRADE
Hi Folks,
I am newbie on the forum. What a resourceful place!
By looking at all the old and existing posts here, I am sure to get some quality replies!

I am in the market for my first PCar this summer (specifically interested in a 997.2 or 997.1 depending on the mileage and specs).

I was wondering if any of you can share any great or horrible experience you've previously had with a dealer? Obviously Carproof and PPI will not be skipped in my search, but I just want to mentally price in any premiums and discounts on their listed price based on your feedback. Nothing beats a good "crowd-review"! GTA has such a wide spectrum of dealers, I would definitely love to avoid the known worsts.

Thanks a head guys!

And... if you are interested to sell, please PM me as well!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I have always been very impressed with the inventory they have had there. Might be worth a drop in in Oakville . I imagine they are not too far from the old Kerr Cadillac.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:38 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by palmpalm
My vote is go meet Tom Neumann at Pfaff Porsche His email is: tomneumann@pfaffporsche.com

Tom has been my friend for 7 years (we met motorcycling) and when I bought a Porsche ( a CPO Cayman S) I did so through him. The folks at Pfaff have been very good to me and I can't imagine a better place or better people to buy a car from or deal with.

Tom is an honest and trustworthy guy. If you want to know more/have any questions shoot me a PM.
Yup Tom is great I bought 4 new Porsches from him
Old 04-07-2016, 04:44 PM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

+2 for Pfaff, dealt with Thomas on my 991 and friend on his cayman S.

Quick Reply: Trusted Dealers in the GTA