Notices

Chalk another one up for Trudeau...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As if Justin isn't bad enough, now we have his brother lobbying in support of someone the Supreme Court of Canada has affirmed to be an active member of al-Qaida.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...mohamed-harkat
Old 03-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

The New York hedge fund doesn't tell the real story. The evidence has never been shown in open court nor to the person they acuse of being in this sleeper cell. I think we will see another court ruling putting to bed once in for all, these security certificates. I get the part about protecting CISS agents in the field as this law was created to protect, but what little we know about this case is that Harper was asked to watch this guy by the Algerians because the DRS, (the head of which is KGB trained) aledged, (anyone in opposition to the current dictatorship *is* Al Qaeda') wanted him back. This is quite a convenient way to have your offshore critics 'shipped' home.

Put the evidence into open court where it can be examined and challenged by his defence and if it meets OUR legal tests - not those of a corrupt dictatorship - than give him a free ride home. Maybe he has no defence. Maybe he does. At this point no one outside a small group of people know. Justice has to be SEEN - it gives people confidence in the system. That's a key tenet in democracy.

Testimony, (what little we have heard so far) where people haven't passed lie detectors, leave us wanting to know what CISS is hiding here?

It seems that the word terrorist becomes a boggieman word to roll out whenever Government agencies get caught doing less than a stellar job.

Suspicions abound when a regime such as Algeria becomes a poster child in the US in combating terrorism. Most of these one party regimes care only for perpetuating their control and know what hot button to push to control Western Democracies.

We're seen this time and time again. History repeats itself such as any little tin pot Central American dictator declarations of being 'anti-Communist' back in the day got his armed forces trained by US groups - not to fight Communists as the US was told - but in fact used to kill off internal political competition.

We see the same thing today in North Africa only substitute Commie for Islamic terrorism. We keep making the same mistakes over and over when dealing with one party regimes no matter which part of the world they are in. You won't find any critical journalism from Pis$ Media here on these topics as they simply parrot any right of centre pablum fed to them.

Put the transcripts of these wire taps into open court and allow everyone to see what he said and whom he was talking to. But the main thrust of the article wasn't about this individual - it was about a lame attempt at throwing mud on the PM through his brother.

Taking politics out of the equation: when you have more rights defending a speeding ticket then this Star Chamber like process - then something smells here.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said
Old 03-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and yet for all that has been said it appears the Honeymoon continues

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gren...2016-1.3469716
Old 03-02-2016, 03:51 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Discuss policies and legislation out your yin yang but sliding down to the level that *some* of our American cousins get into is embarrassing
I'm not much for discussing politics in an automotive forum, but this thread touches a nerve as here in the States we are looking at what has become the very real possibility that a certain reality TV star who, though still fabulously wealthy, has lost billions of dollars in the family business handed down to him, and who has repeatedly made outrageous and damning statements regarding people of other cultures (among many other things), may indeed become the next President.....I daresay that this man portrays himself as knowing as much about being a President as I do.

Gary
Old 03-02-2016, 04:05 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
...I daresay that this man portrays himself as knowing as much about being a President as I do.
Gary
..which means he's every bit as qualified as Canada's current Prime Minister...
Old 03-02-2016, 04:28 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wc11
..which means he's every bit as qualified as Canada's current Prime Minister...
Different countries, same song......amazing.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

I'm not much for discussing politics in an automotive forum, but this thread touches a nerve as here in the States we are looking at what has become the very real possibility that a certain reality TV star who, though still fabulously wealthy, has lost billions of dollars in the family business handed down to him, and who has repeatedly made outrageous and damning statements regarding people of other cultures (among many other things), may indeed become the next President.....I daresay that this man portrays himself as knowing as much about being a President as I do.

Gary
Certain reality star??? This isn't Harry Potter.....you are allowed to say his name. Rhymes with Tramp?
But don't worry my flag waving southern neighbour, becuase of Trump, Hillary will be your next president.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:48 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Imo000
Certain reality star??? This isn't Harry Potter.....you are allowed to say his name. Rhymes with Tramp?
But don't worry my flag waving southern neighbour, becuase of Trump, Hillary will be your next president.
If nothing else, at least she's held public office
Old 03-02-2016, 07:57 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

If nothing else, at least she's held public office
She will have to stress very vigorously to Bill though that it'll be the Ovum Office not the Oral Office.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
She will have to stress very vigorously to Bill though that it'll be the Ovum Office not the Oral Office.
Good one
Old 03-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Dinicod
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's too bad Ben Mulroney didn't get into politics. It could have been a monumental battle of better hair do's!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinicod
It's too bad Ben Mulroney didn't get into politics. It could have been a monumental battle of better hair do's!
Such a shame!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinicod
He's too busy doing Drake and Bieber interviews.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:40 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
He's too busy doing Drake and Bieber interviews.
And that's what our idiot leader aspires to!!

Quick Reply: Chalk another one up for Trudeau...