Notices

Chalk another one up for Trudeau...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
Prime Minister Selfie will be on 60 minutes this Sunday.
When will he actually do some work I wonder?
Oh and I'm not watching.
Will he be crying again?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I think that it is worth stepping back and taking a broader perspective. As someone with multiple citizenships and passports (3) and married to an American I have a fair number of choices as to where to live, and just about all of them have very positive and negative things. Canada is still a pretty good place to be with liberal social policies on things like gender equality, abortion,and like.y assisted dying all of which I agree with. It has survived both conservative and liberal governments who mainly let all of that stuff alone and do not try the social madness of the US.
I was much more comfortable with the fiscal policies of the conservatives and remain very doubtful of the pileup of federal and provincial spenders who now govern Ontario, and and certainly not impressed with Trudeau. Not worth doing personal insults..he was elected by the people, they can decide in four years' time if they are better or worse off. In the Paul Martin days as Minister of Finance I was a Liberal voter, but no longer. However, democracies do what they do, and Canada will muddle through.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:40 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
Will he be crying again?
whatever he does, CBS is pretty left-leaning so I'm sure they'll paint a fairly rosy picture of him. if was interviewing him, I would ask him that if Osama Bin Laden had been a Canadian citizen, would he have reinstated his citizenship?
Old 03-04-2016, 11:52 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
I think that it is worth stepping back and taking a broader perspective. As someone with multiple citizenships and passports (3) and married to an American I have a fair number of choices as to where to live, and just about all of them have very positive and negative things. Canada is still a pretty good place to be with liberal social policies on things like gender equality, abortion,and like.y assisted dying all of which I agree with. It has survived both conservative and liberal governments who mainly let all of that stuff alone and do not try the social madness of the US.
I was much more comfortable with the fiscal policies of the conservatives and remain very doubtful of the pileup of federal and provincial spenders who now govern Ontario, and and certainly not impressed with Trudeau. Not worth doing personal insults..he was elected by the people, they can decide in four years' time if they are better or worse off. In the Paul Martin days as Minister of Finance I was a Liberal voter, but no longer. However, democracies do what they do, and Canada will muddle through.
Amen

There's a lot of closed mindedness here. Why wouldn't you listen to what he has to say on 60 Minutes? Maybe you learn something, maybe it gives people more ammo to bitch?
Old 03-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vern1
Amen

There's a lot of closed mindedness here. Why wouldn't you listen to what he has to say on 60 Minutes? Maybe you learn something, maybe it gives people more ammo to bitch?
I can't stand his voice or his "perfect character"

Now where did I put that money printing machine....
Old 03-04-2016, 01:32 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Ah a very open minded approach - you cant stand his voice. Perfect complement to the rest of this thread
Old 03-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vern1
Ah a very open minded approach - you cant stand his voice. Perfect complement to the rest of this thread
actually to be honest I cringe whenever I see on tv.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:46 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moab
whatever he does, CBS is pretty left-leaning so I'm sure they'll paint a fairly rosy picture of him. if was interviewing him, I would ask him that if Osama Bin Laden had been a Canadian citizen, would he have reinstated his citizenship?
You keep crying about this.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 PM
breakfast
Pro

actually to be honest I cringe whenever I see on tv.
is he too pretty for you? Maybe hes bringing out some buried tendencies?
Old 03-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
If he didn't lie in the initial application to get the Canadian Citizenship then yes. How can one loose a citizenship if it was legally obtained? Should Paul Bernardo's citizenship or anyone else with a criminal record be revoked? Once you are a Canadian citizen, that's it, you can't take that away, unless there were false statements in the original application (and we already have that law).
Old 03-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by breakfast
is he too pretty for you? Maybe hes bringing out some buried tendencies?
I will admit he knows how to dress properly. He does buy his suits at Harry Rosen where they are properly fitted. Pretty certain that Harper just bought whatever was on sale at Sears
Old 03-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Imo000
If he didn't lie in the initial application to get the Canadian Citizenship then yes. How can one loose a citizenship if it was legally obtained? Should Paul Bernardo's citizenship or anyone else with a criminal record be revoked? Once you are a Canadian citizen, that's it, you can't take that away, unless there were false statements in the original application (and we already have that law).
High Treason? Off to the gallows !
Old 03-04-2016, 02:53 PM
breakfast
Pro

I will admit he knows how to dress properly. He does buy his suits at Harry Rosen where they are properly fitted. Pretty certain that Harper just bought whatever was on sale at Sears
lol
Old 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
breakfast
Pro

Nailed it
Old 03-04-2016, 03:16 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 328 Posts

I have no issue revoking citizenship to someone who is not a naturalized Canadian citizen.

Quick Reply: Chalk another one up for Trudeau...