Notices

Uber Taxi strike

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:34 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965356
So you won't be eating at Allah Snackbar?
Only if I can bring a friend.
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2015, 09:11 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the Uber thread or the Canada's reputation thread? I am confused. Both very entertaining though.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965356
Don't you mean suicide vest
hahahahahahahahaha I'm done! hahahahaha
Old 12-14-2015, 03:23 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zookie
lol hahaha this is amazing! we should all get together and play "Cards Against Humanity" I have the Islam Expansion Pack
That sounds fun! Never played the game.. but heard many things about it.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

Anyone hear about the launch of Uber Hop? I guess taking on the cab industry is not enough, now they are gunning for the TTC as well.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

No business without a customer can survive.
If there is demand? There will be a customer that will pay.
TTC has admitted lack of service in these areas.
TTC blames the developers of the area's.

I was looking at a becks cab this morning. It had obviously been crashed. Rattle can overspray was everywhere.
I'm embarased at the condition of our subway stations, the construction, the scaffolding. Take a look at Union station? The HUB of our train system. TTC and Go. What is its been 5 years of construction, with another 2-3 to go? Over budget by how many 100%'s? Why can't they improve/expand service into Liberty village and Distillery district again?

Skip to 1:00 min

Old 12-15-2015, 11:03 AM
PPo
Drifting

I like using a cab and paying cash... sometimes, its better to not have the traceability of where you are going, or where you are. Turn off the cell phone, hop in a cab, and you can electronically disappear. I would be happy to tell you in person the legal reason why this is important to me...

Also... the cab drivers smelled bad going too, and coming from the place I was went on Saturday. Made me want to use Uber.

The possibility for data mining with Uber is a tiny deterrent, but I am going to give it a try in the next few days.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I like using a cab and paying cash... sometimes, its better to not have the traceability of where you are going, or where you are. Turn off the cell phone, hop in a cab, and you can electronically disappear. I would be happy to tell you in person the legal reason why this is important to me...

Also... the cab drivers smelled bad going too, and coming from the place I was went on Saturday. Made me want to use Uber.

The possibility for data mining with Uber is a tiny deterrent, but I am going to give it a try in the next few days.
You wouldn't want to wife to find out where the girlfriends live.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:51 PM
GTA_G20
Racer

Once you take an Uber you wont consider a cab again.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_G20
Once you take an Uber you wont consider a cab again.
Agreed. Even if I do happen to use an cab these days it is hailed via Uber and only because it will arrive faster than Uber Black/Uber X.

I also love the irony of cab drivers protesting against Uber X and at the same time being Uber cab drivers themselves. I took an Uber Black to Billy Bishop last month, chatted with the driver about Uber and he said he loves it, business has been good, etc etc. Then he added 'but I hate Uber X, that is illegal'.

Also to the guy who mentioned UberEats... I use it every day for lunch and it is fantastic.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

So we now have UberX, UberBlack, Uber, UberEats, UberHop what's next? UberAir

I am really curious as to how both the insurance industry and the CRA will deal with this. Once they officially come for their pound of flesh what will become of Uber?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:36 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Pags993
So we now have UberX, UberBlack, Uber, UberEats, UberHop what's next? UberAir

I am really curious as to how both the insurance industry and the CRA will deal with this. Once they officially come for their pound of flesh what will become of Uber?
They'll unionize and become.....well....a taxi company
Old 12-15-2015, 03:18 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise

Also to the guy who mentioned UberEats... I use it every day for lunch and it is fantastic.
Bon appetit!! I must say, I had an amazing UberEats experience on Friday! I received my food from Hawker Bar and was incredibly disappointed. I paid 12 bucks for some broth. So, I snapped these pics of the delivery and quickly flexed some social media muscle. Within minutes, both Uber and Hawker Bar apologized for the driver not dropping off the full order! I was apparently missing a whole other container. A few more minutes after that, I got a refund and hefty "credit" for future UberEats...

Customer for life.

Name:  IMG_8456.png
Views: 46
Size:  988.8 KB
Old 12-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

They had Helicopters for UberX during Formula One Weekend in Abu Dhabi last month, best thing ever
Old 12-15-2015, 03:52 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo

When I got my new to me 997, every address/destination was on the navigation system. I knew every golf course, brothel, soup place the previous owner had gone to. Trace-ability? turning off you phone? I guess. I have GOOGLE loaded. It send me traffic to work, and home every day. 27 minutes, 12 minutes etc. I like it. But I also guess, they know where I stop for coffee. Maybe they'll start sending me coupons?

Gotta load that Ubereats. I'm hungry.

Quick Reply: Uber Taxi strike