Notices

Rennlist Fall Run Food Donation and Details.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 10:29 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts
Default Rennlist Fall Run Food Donation and Details.

Good day everyone .

This thread is in addition to the fall run thread and is intended to Add Specific details of the run . Please do not post to this thread with General comments unless you have specific questions Chrstien or I could answer. Please check back often to this thread as I update the main page.

Christien has put an outstanding route together and I am sure you will all be pleasantly surprised, a map will be provided by Christien.

Again we will be doing the food drive this year, as the food bank Shelves are depleted after Thanksgiving. This is our opportunity to give back to a community that has provided us with our fall run roads for close to 10 Years.

I am asking each of you to dig a little deeper than a box of old kraft dinner on your shelf, I am asking that each of you bring a small grocery bag of groceries that could provide a few meals for a needy family. I have arranged like last year for the food bank to be at our location so we can donate. We are providing lots of notification this year so no excuses, for those of you bringing friends not on Rennlist makes sure you share this information with them so they don't feel embarrassed or left out showing up empty handed. We are all in fortunate positions in our lives to be driving such machines so please get out to the grocery store before the run. Things in need from the food Bank specifically include :

Baby Formula / Food
Canned Salmon
Canned Meat
Peanut Butter
Cereals

Of course anything will be accepted , just no Grey Poupon Phil

Lunch Will be at Tuckers Marketplace in Burlington . I have to go visit them and reconfirm as we changed the date but I will provide more details in the coming days , they usually reserve a very nice section for us so we can all be together and is about the only place that can handle our volume of lunchers.

Update : Section reserved as it was last year for 110-127 people ( this is what we have signed up currently. )

Be At Tuckers for 2:00pm , I have arranged for them to serve food for longer as we are a large group, but as soon as you get there get in and start eating , you can slip out for photos later but they do technically stop seating at 2:00pm.

Address: 3110 S Service Rd, Burlington, ON L7N 3J3, Canada
Phone:+1 905-634-1815

There is ample parking directly behind tuckers at the medical building plaza so no worries about parking.

We will break into groups as before and are looking for some volunteers to lead groups, obviously it would be better if they were seasoned fall run people who have a passenger that can keep track of the map. We do have some seasoned people beyond the assigned leaders who always assist in making sure no one gets lost. Last years leaders did a great Job and I thank you.

As usual Christien and I will be giving our drivers speech at the beginning , We have all heard it before but it is always worth repeating.

Lastly I just wanted to comment that although I have helped Christien this year I will not be doing the fall run myself, I will be there to make sure everyone gets away safely and things go smoothly, I may meet you for Lunch depending on the day to get some pics.

Maybe I will get off my butt this winter and bolt my car back together.

Staging info ....

Clive

Questions ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by theiceman; 10-22-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:57 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

thread updated.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Maps will be going out tomorrow or Wednesday, most likely. I pre-drove the route yesterday, so it's just a question of getting the changes incorporated into the map. One small section was altered due to a closed road, and I added a short detour because I found one of the best driving roads I've seen in this area.

The forecast isn't looking great for next weekend, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Livio928
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Accuweather app says no rain forecast for Sunday in NOTL. Cloudy but high of 14C. Should be good for the drive.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Livio928
Accuweather app says no rain forecast for Sunday in NOTL. Cloudy but high of 14C. Should be good for the drive.
Did the maps go out yet?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Doug reach out to Christien
Old 10-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Doug reach out to Christien
Done - thanks.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well that's a wrap on the food donation for another year. I would like to sincerely thank all the people who donated to the food drive this year. I must say however I was surprised we did not collect more food considering we had over 60 cars there.
I do understand that this stuff is entirely voluntary and we all have many causes we donate to, and I do appreciate the people who came forward and thanked me for putting the list together as it made it easy for them, but I did take a small tour of the facility after you guys left and took over some food that they did not pick up, saw what we had donated as a group of close to 100 very fortunate people and was underwhelmed.
I think we definitely helped , but we had an opportunity to make a big impact and I must say I felt we fell far short from what we could have done.

Again however I want to thank everyone who contributed, and I challenge all of us to challenge each other to do better next time, we should have easily been able to fill that trailer to overflowing with 60 bags of groceries, lets show them next year that we can do better every year .

Clive

Last edited by theiceman; 10-26-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I actually forgot my contribution, but will donate it to a local food bank here. We have a case of girl guide cookies, the mint ones - both my girls sell them, and we always just pay for the case, but nobody really likes the mint ones, so they don't sell and we donate them to the food bank.

Point being that with early departures and stuff, I suspect many might be in the same boat as me, but hopefully the donations are still being made.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:34 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Well that's a wrap on the food donation for another year. I would like to sincerely thank all the people who donated to the food drive this year. I must say however I was surprised we did not collect more food considering we had over 60 cars there.
I do understand that this stuff is entirely voluntary and we all have many causes we donate to, and I do appreciate the people who came forward and thanked me for putting the list together as it made it easy for them, but I did take a small tour of the facility after you guys left and took over some food that they did not pick up, saw what we had donated as a group of close to 100 very fortunate people and was underwhelmed.
I think we definitely helped , but we had an opportunity to make a big impact and I must say I felt we fell far short from what we could have done.

Again however I want to thank everyone who contributed, and I challenge all of us to challenge each other to do better next time, we should have easily been able to fill that trailer to overflowing with 60 bags of groceries, lets show them next year that we can do better every year .

Clive
Exactly how I felt. We absolutely must do better!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Christien
I actually forgot my contribution, but will donate it to a local food bank here. We have a case of girl guide cookies, the mint ones - both my girls sell them, and we always just pay for the case, but nobody really likes the mint ones, so they don't sell and we donate them to the food bank.

Point being that with early departures and stuff, I suspect many might be in the same boat as me, but hopefully the donations are still being made.
Christien I do understand and stuff happens . That's a great suggestion. If any of you were in that situation as Christien mentions, I suggest you think of a starving family and drop something in the food bank donation section of your local grocery store while doing your shopping next week.

Cheers all
Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Banned

Clive
That is disgusting that people didn't step up. Why don't you do a second chance donation and allow them to make it up? Maybe as christien did some forgot ( although knowing how many Porsche GTA area people are I doubt they did)I didn't join the drive but I will donate , let me know what you need or where I can donate....next year make the donations mandatory
Old 10-26-2015, 10:42 PM
UseThe4s
Advanced

Should have that listed as a requirement right in the initial invitation for next year. I know last year I brought a bunch of bags but missed the drop off point so like Christien I did donate them to a local food bank after the run was over. This year I remembered both. Filled the trunk (admittedly not a big feat in a 911!) and dropped them off with the food bank trailer when I arrived there.

Clive - I liked that they gave you a list of key items they were looking for and started from there and added a few other non-perishable and long shelf life items. It only took about 10-15 minutes to grab the stuff and load it in the car. I'm sure if we ask people to take a little time to do it ahead of time, and remind everyone again when the map comes out we'll get a better response.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

All good feedback for next year.

Cheers all
Old 10-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Next year's drive slogan "A can of food or shotgun to the *****".

Quick Reply: Rennlist Fall Run Food Donation and Details.