Notices

OOP Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

no repercussions. especially if true.
why do you guys need these inspections anyways? 3 friends recently bought cars in BC and had no out of province inspections.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

It's OK to post it.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
no repercussions. especially if true.
why do you guys need these inspections anyways? 3 friends recently bought cars in BC and had no out of province inspections.
Dunno, seems to be standard practise here, they won't register it without an OOP first
Old 08-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The first garage was these guys

http://www.thistleauto.ca

Seemed helpful enough but the garage definitely wasn't the most professional looking place I`d ever visited. Part of me sensed they didn't do a lot of OOP inspections and were feeling their way to a degree

Generally speaking I think a lot of garages use OOP inspections as a way to get customers initially through the door but the bigger picture is any potential repairs that may come from the inspection (and how many depends on the condition of the car and integrity of the garage)

In my case I felt like the vultures were circling, as I said before the car subsequently passed at another inspection centre with the original components (albeit stripped & cleaned everything measured to ensure it was within tolerance, and it was WELL within tolerance) but they were adament the brakes were a fail and it would cost $2300 (outrageously expensive - I can buy the full parts kit of 4 Zimmerman rotors, 2 sets pads, hardware etc etc for under $700) to replace, when I said no they said they could do the rears only for $1100!

Draw your own conclusions......

Quick Reply: OOP Inspection