Notices

Porsche's 10 Year Corrosion Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM
CooperH
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche's 10 Year Corrosion Warranty

This is more of FYI for everybody, So I took advantage of the 10 year corrosion warranty, at the bottom of my driver's door (2004 Cayenne S) was rusting from the inside out. I took it to Pfaff Porsche and they took a picture to obtain approval from head office in Germany I guess. Regardless, they called me back several days later and said they will be replacing my door as part of the warranty.

I sent in the Cayenne last week and ensured they blend the paint to match the rest of the car. They gave me a loaner car (2012 Audi Q5 brand new: 7K KM on it). Wierd they didnt provide me with another Porsche? I even told them I was in the market for a new Porsche in a year, why wouldnt they provide the new Cayenne instead to there customers? Perplexing to say the least.

Also, found the service consultant to be rude Joe T......
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Because Cayennes are sold out and I don't imagine are being used as loaners...
Old 03-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Got a free door and a loaner and still not enough? Rust warranty is usually for perforation (holes) so the fact they warrantied it before it became a hole is more than the warranty, be happy with it. My VW dealer told me it was lack of mantenance that caused the fender to rust, from the inside, despite their 12 year corrosion warranty. So some dealers do more than they should and others don't do a single thing.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CooperH
This is more of FYI for everybody, So I took advantage of the 10 year corrosion warranty, at the bottom of my driver's door (2004 Cayenne S) was rusting from the inside out. I took it to Pfaff Porsche and they took a picture to obtain approval from head office in Germany I guess. Regardless, they called me back several days later and said they will be replacing my door as part of the warranty.

I sent in the Cayenne last week and ensured they blend the paint to match the rest of the car. They gave me a loaner car (2012 Audi Q5 brand new: 7K KM on it). Wierd they didnt provide me with another Porsche? I even told them I was in the market for a new Porsche in a year, why wouldnt they provide the new Cayenne instead to there customers? Perplexing to say the least.

Also, found the service consultant to be rude Joe T......
Hard to complain about a new door without perforation. That's great.
I've had a Passat a few times as a loaner. Who cares about the loaner as long as my car is done right.
Besides, if they start loaning out new P-cars, we'll just be paying for the depreciation of those cars via service rates. I'm sure if you need a truck, they would have supplied one.
Besides, you got a 2012 to use while your 2004 was being serviced.
Pretty good I think.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Must our cars (Porsches) be inspected every year to validate this corrosion warranty?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Hey guys, dont get me wrong I am not complaining. Just thought since I am getting my Porsche serviced, they would provide a Porsche..... I guess I was lucky with the warranty.....
Old 03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most high end dealers use cheaper vehicles for loaners (or use Thrifty, and charge it back to the Car Manufacturer). They also use lesser vehicles for their shuttles.. As long as it gets me home, I am happy
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts

Manufacturers offer incentives so that dealers use service loaners of the brand including Porsche..trust me I know. You don't want to risk customers defecting to another brand because they liked that demo better. Getting a Budget rental is NOT acceptable to manufacturers when you want to retain brand loyalty. Chances are their "proper" loaners were all out.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Manufacturers offer incentives so that dealers use service loaners of the brand including Porsche..trust me I know. You don't want to risk customers defecting to another brand because they liked that demo better. Getting a Budget rental is NOT acceptable to manufacturers when you want to retain brand loyalty. Chances are their "proper" loaners were all out.
Agree. Spouse just had her CTS Coupe in for service for a window issue and the loaner was an SRX - it reaffirmed her dislike of cross overs and SUV's... But it was still a Cadillac product...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
CooperH
Advanced

I just called Pfaff and they told me they discovered more rust on the rear two doors, they will be replacing those as well. Is there anything I can do to keep the existing doors and have give me a cheque payout? The car is old, 2004 Cayenne S with 211,000KM on it? Any suggestions or help?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

why would you rather have a 'payout' instead of new doors? resale value difference of a 'no-rust' car vs. a rusty car is fairly large when in the 'premium' car segment...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
CooperH
Advanced

I would rather use that money to purchase a newer Cayenne Turbo.... Money for Resale vs Payout is probably a larger on the Payout side....
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

fair enough, although I doubt they will offer a payout, and if they do it won't likely include the labour value, just parts...let us know how it goes, sounds like they are being really good to you
Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
CooperH
Advanced

They are awesome..... definately keep you guys posted. If anybody else has any insight it would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 387 Posts

I think for Pfaff to get paid from Porsche they must actually complete the work. If they submit an invoice for work that has not been completed it could be viewed as fraud, so I wouldn't even discuss this with the dealer. You should feel lucky that they are doing the work and providing any transportation.
Do you know the history of the vehicle? was it abused? you don't see many rusted out Porsches these days, thanks to galvanized panels and factory rustproof treatments.
good luck!

Quick Reply: Porsche's 10 Year Corrosion Warranty