Need a GTA Body Shop Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
LPhieE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need a GTA Body Shop Recommendation

Good evening everyone,

I was on my way to buy a cup of coffee at a cafe near my condo earlier this evening when my car decided to do a 180 in the snow and crash into an oncoming car. It was a relatively low speed collision and thankfully nobody was injured in the process. My car is a whole different matter altogether though. I had to try very hard not to cry when I saw the damage...

I decided to report the collision to my insurance company [TD] and they have advised me that although they recommend that I take it to their nearest affiliated repair facility (Agincourt Chrysler), I am entitled to have it repaired at any shop of my choosing.

I would much appreciate it if anybody could recommend a body shop where I can get my 2004 Carrera 4S looked after so that it is returned to its original condition... ='[ If all else fails, I'll take it down to Downtown Porsche on Tuesday.

Thank you.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident Vaughn Fine Touch would be my choice.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
kristob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 29 Posts

Birchmount Collision in Scarborough. Have seen some high end stuff go through there.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Many guys rave about Rick Impera. I'm considering brining a bumper to him for a paint job soon. See website below (no affiliation).

http://www.impera.ca/home.php

Looks like all the damage is in the door, and the rest of the body is good, from the picture. That would actually be lucky, in your misfortune...
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Hopefully you had accident forgiveness protection on your policy. Glad know one got hurt.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Granger968
Many guys rave about Rick Impera. I'm considering brining a bumper to him for a paint job soon. See website below (no affiliation).

http://www.impera.ca/home.php

Looks like all the damage is in the door, and the rest of the body is good, from the picture. That would actually be lucky, in your misfortune...
Rick IS good. He has repaired my 1999 Outback and my 2003 Landrover Disco SE7 when they were involved in accidents. His paint work is BETTER than factory and the work is good. He is the third best pait guy in Ontario ... and he uses Factory Parts.

I had a problem with my Outback were my insurance company wanted me to take it to their shop which had a higher quote with OEM parts (and known to have avarage quality). Rick priced it out cheaper than them with factory parts etc., which came out $800 less than "their shop". I told them I wanted Rick to do the repair and they balked. I ask "What is it, are you getting lickbacks from the shop?". They quickely said no and were sending their adjuster to check Rick out. Adjuster knew Rick and it was approved. His bill came out to be less and I was a VERY HAPPY customer. When my Disco got hit and I said I want to take it to Rick's, they said to go ahead and were happy (saved them $$$).

I have know Rick through my friend Mario who owns HPCARS and have seen the work done on P-Cars over the years. Quality work at fair prices. He is my FIRST choice for repairs ... he cares about his work. I am a very happy customer who has sent others there who are also very happy with his work. He does know P-Cars and F-Cars ...
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The roads were a mess last night due to the snow, took me almost two hours to go from Oakville to Downtown T.O. for a dinner and movie with a friend, not sure if she still thinks I'm crazy to insist on driving through that mess.

Where are you located?

Personally I would receommend Michelangelo's Auto Salon in Bloor and Landsdown area, I had my car re-done there this time last year and they did an absolutely phenominal job, you can see the work they did in this thread https://rennlist.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pags993
Sorry to hear about the accident Vaughn Fine Touch would be my choice.
+1 did the work on my 964 last fall, couldn't be happier.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM
RedlineRallys
Rennlist Member

European Autobody is the best.

Always Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Porsches there.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM
LPhieE
Intermediate

Thank you everyone for your recommendations and advice. I ended up dropping my car off at Vaughan Fine Touch this morning and could not be happier with the level of service I received today. The owner's son Jonathan was extremely courteous and helpful in evaluating the damage to my car and walking me through the next steps. There is a possibility that there may have also been some mechanical damage to my car as a result of the collision so they will be taking my car to EU Autowerks tomorrow for an inspection and wheel alignment. Since rental car agencies are closed today, he gave me his own G35 coupe to use until I was set up with a proper rental car tomorrow. The rental car agency will be dropping the car off at my workplace tomorrow and afternoon and taking Jonathan's car back to him. Jonathan also gave me a tour of their shop today and they seem to be running a clean and organized establishment.

VFT gets an A+ today; let's just hope their workmanship is up to par as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineRallys
European Autobody is the best.

Always Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Porsches there.
Don't want to derail the original question by OP, however I do want to share a real poor personal experience there many years ago when they first moved there from their original North York location, I had a repair done to my less than 2 months old new car, which required welding and repainting the rocker portion on one side. While the repair work was done very well, my car ended up with fine overspray all over the horizontal surfaces including the hood, rear hatch glass, windshiled, hood, and upper portion on the other side, I did not notice it until I was washing and drying the car after I got the car home.

The bodyshop manager owned up to the issue immediately admiting their new downdraft paint booth was having some issues and they also didn't mask off the entire car while painting, he offered to compund/polish my car, I was satisfied with the offer and dropped the car off in the morning a few days later when there was a time slot available.

I was surprised when he called me to come by at lunch time to "discuss the issue with the owner", a coworker came with me since I was car-less, and I was shocked when the owner got very hostile and loud with me right away, said the overspray problem could not possibly be from his shop, he then blamed the problem to since I had waxed the car three times already, "That is way too many times, and that's the problem, and I will not polish your car!"

Imagine my disbelieve when this "conversation" was going on, my coworker was shocked beyond believe as well, the poor bodyshop manager did not know where to look or say when this was happening, he knew the downdraft spray booth issue and not masking the entire car while painting were the causes, but he did/could not go against the owner's antics.

Even though this incident took place many years ago, there is absolutely no way I will EVER take my car to this place for any repairs, even though seeing all the Ferraris, Lambos, Jags, etc. there back then was the primary reason I went there for my repair despite my insurance company said it's not their approved shop, and to add insult ot injury, the insurance company would not intervene on my behalf for the issue I was having, citing I had insisted in going there so it was my issue to resolve. I'm sure there was a snicker or two at the other end of the phone when I called to seek their help.

in retrospect I should have taken them to small claim court and call the bodyshop manager as a witness.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!!"

OP, I wish you the best of luck getting your new car fixed up flawlessly and back on the road quickly.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

make sure they give you a new doorskin.
might as well get some snow tires while you are at it...some insurance give discount for this btw.
sorry to hear about your accident good luck with the repairs.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
make sure they give you a new doorskin.
might as well get some snow tires while you are at it...some insurance give discount for this btw.
sorry to hear about your accident good luck with the repairs.
+1 on the snow tires.....

For resale you might want to take it back to Porsche Dealer.

Sorry to hear... It doesn't look too bad.

Good Luck!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

sounds like you are being well looked after , your mechanical place is spot on too..

and as mentioned when i looked at that pic i thought you were very lucky all things considered also .. make sure you take lots of pics for resale so future buyers can see it was only the door skin, if they piull it up on car fax the bill might makes them think much more damage.

i had the headlight and front right fender replaced from hitting a deer in my maxima ... 6 Grand ..... !!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

we use VFT and so do some members here

Quick Reply: Need a GTA Body Shop Recommendation