Notices

need your advise re :purchase GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chandrew
RS = 150k GT3=120 dealer is giving sub 100k for my 09TT with 18000km that has a 178,000$ build price and 2 year P. Warranty !

I lost $$ in my trade last year ( returned my 06 S and 01 C2 )

Will loose again in the TT trade..

Thanks for all the feedback .. very cool and kind.

The pot holes in mtl are a PIA agreed. We have a GTI and SE FJ Cruiser so the GT3 is for driving to work on nice days and enjoying the ride.. I lost that Porsche thrill with the TT ( amazing car but i am not an AWD guy and the Turbo rush is cool but i think i got my thrill and now looking for linear power .. ) .

Will keep you posted. but for now i am keeping the TT ..
That's the reality of the 997TT prices... But with the price of their GT3, they're likely burying trade money in it.

I'd press them on the RS price... There have been several cars trade out west closer to the prices you're quoting for the regular GT3. Ferrari Vancouver just sold a low-option 2010 with 12k that was listed at $133.

FWIW, I far prefer city driving the RS over the Turbo(S)... There's a surprising amount of low-end torque, the ride isn't as harsh as you'd expect (I find it no worse that sport mode PASM in a Carrera) and the predictability of the linear power band is nice.

Keep us posted!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM
chandrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info will keep you posted.
i have a few options now.. I will post my turbo up for sale soon if my friend does not purchase it this weekend.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
chandrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
What about selling the TT privately? You would likely get a greater return on it, which would help make your decision to get an RS easier

Can't wait to see pics of it in your garage!
selling private is an option, but need to find someone that will accept an accomodation sale so i save the tax portion equal to the value of my car.

The tax savings is huge. But the dealer knows this and works it in his numbers..

Multiple thanks to all !

Quick Reply: need your advise re :purchase GT3