Notices

winter washing

Old 01-24-2013, 03:16 AM
fanny bay r1
User

Originally Posted by DJF1 View Post
LOL... remind me to check in with you in June

I'm sooooo happy I left BC. My feet are finally dry and the cold just lasts for so long.
Now that's pretty funny - I don't think I've ever heard I'm glad I left BC for Burlington!!!

I grew up in St. Catharines -- you couldn't pay me enough to move back!! To each his own though!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
palmpalm
User

Originally Posted by wc11 View Post
Since your in Richmond Hill.
Go over to Markham. Kennedy Road between hwy 7 & 407. Between the BMW/Honda/Mercedes dealers.
There's a Shell station with a massive indoor car wash. 12 bays and heated.
You just get the time ticket when you drive in. You don't need a jacket and can take as long as you want. Mat hangers, vacuum and all. You'll even get a bit of a discount if you fill up first.
Been going for years and is convenient as hell and typically costs me about $15-20.
And if your in a rush, the have a full length drive through as well.
I went there. Maybe I'm just stupid but I couldn't for the life of me find a vaccuum. There was nothing to dry the car with and the hose just sprayed water, I couldn't get soap or wax out of it. It sucked. for 85 cents a minute all my looking around for stuff cost me 15 bucks. Never going back.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Farfelc2s
User

Default info

I owned 2 Hand car washes and went to a few Vendor shows to see the latest.
Even though Touchless is better than brushes, the chemicals in the soap are too strong. It wouldnt work otherwise. It strips any and all waxes off completely.

When a Car wash says they re-cycle water, its not always a good thing.
In Quebec,they use Salt on the road which doesnt get filtered out of water.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
69gaugeman
Super User

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1 View Post
Now that's pretty funny - I don't think I've ever heard I'm glad I left BC for Burlington!!!

I grew up in St. Catharines -- you couldn't pay me enough to move back!! To each his own though!!
This is significantly influenced by the quality of life that is afforded by how much money you make.

The dollar goes further here than anywhere I could live and also make a living in BC.

Wages as a rule are higher here as well.

So lots to factor in. I visit regularly, so it just reminds me of the grey and damp almost every time I go. I don't miss that at all....
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Wes_R
Banned

Sort of random but this gif cracks me up. I hope you guys find it funny too. Hahaha the water was still spraying in the air in the end.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Goldstar
User

Originally Posted by zer026T View Post
Anyone else feel this is a colossal waste of water besides me? No disrespect to anyone who does this as I love a clean car and hand wash mine all summer with more water than I should... but the fact that Shell is advertising this as "Wash Once a Day for 90 Days!" makes me shake my head when I think about how people in other parts of the world are dying due to lack of fresh drinking water.
Used the pass last summer, it was great, kept all my cars clean for the season.
Using your analogy, maybe we should also reconsider showering, park the Porsche and drive a Prius.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
peritus
User

RE: Ottawa -

I took the 964 to TOPS Carwash at Richmond and Woodroffe today. Got an exterior and undercarriage wash. Parked it back in the garage, buffed out a couple wet sports and turned on the electric heater to make sure everything dries properly. It looks amazing now - just waiting for the next snow storm!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: winter washing

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: