Notices

Dr. color chip

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Red!
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I guess I'm a little late to the party....
If anyone else missed out I'd be happy to coordinate a second group buy (I'm York Mills & Bayview) I'm looking for guards red 84A
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If you get a group buy going I'd take a kit for the wife's IS, will have to dig up a paint code. No rush on this one won't need it untill spring.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Sugar997
Track Day

I would also be interested in a seal grey. I'm just at bayview and Steeles.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Red!
Advanced

lets see if there are a few others interested and then if a week or two goes by, or we get to five people, lets buy!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is another group buy, I'm looking for:
309, Arctic Silver Metallic, 1997, BMW Z3
L36P, Venetian Blue, 1988, Porsche
Both in the standard kit.
Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Red!
lets see if there are a few others interested and then if a week or two goes by, or we get to five people, lets buy!
Contact Dan. He was the guy that that helped me out. Great guy and responded to me very quickly whenever I had a question.

Dan McCool
Dr. ColorChip Corporation
Phone- 561-845-6122, Ext. 301
Fax- 561-244-0523
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

So I still have not heard from Pferrf1. Does anyone know how else I can contact him? I've pm'ed him several times but have received no response. I'll give him another month or so but if I don't hear from him I will have an Artic silver road rash kit available. Paint code 92u/x1.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM
2001Porsche911
Instructor

I'm interested in a Lapis Blue kit L3A8 if there is another group buy
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Revn29k00
So I still have not heard from Pferrf1. Does anyone know how else I can contact him? I've pm'ed him several times but have received no response. I'll give him another month or so but if I don't hear from him I will have an Artic silver road rash kit available. Paint code 92u/x1.
I'd say PM one last time and then just sell it.
You did a lot of work putting this thing together for us for which I'm sure we're all grateful and I for one don't like it when someone doesn't follow through as your out of pocket for the cash already.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2001Porsche911
I'm interested in a Lapis Blue kit L3A8 if there is another group buy
No plans on running another group buy right now.

Originally Posted by wc11
I'd say PM one last time and then just sell it.
You did a lot of work putting this thing together for us for which I'm sure we're all grateful and I for one don't like it when someone doesn't follow through as your out of pocket for the cash already.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I sent the last pm last night leaving him my e-mail and cell #. If I don't here from him in the next month I'll sell it. I'm sure I won't have an issue getting rid.

Really, it wasn't that much work and all in all it went very smoothly.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:12 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Reviving an old thread here!! I went to order a replacement bottle of Arctic Silver Metallic paint as my cap cracked on my original bottle and the paint dried out. Went to the original site and ordered a bottle as was told they don't ship to Canada anymore. Found a Canadian site for the product:

http://drcolourchip.ca/

and was informed the following:

"Hello Andy

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding a replacement bottle of touch up paint.

At this time we are not able to sell our consumer “do it yourself” kits in Canada.

We are busy setting up exclusive Dr. ColourChip professionals from coast to coast. However at this time we do not have a Dr. ColourChip licensee set up in your area.

Please check back with us in the future. We certainly plan to have a mobile Dr. ColourChip team in your area soon!

Best regards,

Duane King
President
Dr. ColourChip Canada Inc. "

So I responded with the following:

"Thanks for the quick response but I'm a little confused, why would you not be able to sell the paint as what makes this product so good is how easy it is to watch a five minute YouTube video and do the process perfectly? The only option this leaves me is to buy the paint in the states and have it delivered to a post box of a friend in Pt Roberts (in Washington) and have it brought back the next time he goes down. To not be able to be supported by a Canadian company is unfortunate or to be driven down the road to hire someone to do some I've done 10 times in the past is extremely frustrating.

As the product is well known and well supported on the Porsche forums, I will be sharing how poorly Canadian customers are being treated compared to our American counterparts."

This is very frustrating that we'd have to employ some guy at some point in the future to do something that is about as simple a process as one could develop!!

Old 01-22-2016, 01:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Reviving an old thread here!! I went to order a replacement bottle of Arctic Silver Metallic paint as my cap cracked on my original bottle and the paint dried out. Went to the original site and ordered a bottle as was told they don't ship to Canada anymore. Found a Canadian site for the product:

http://drcolourchip.ca/

and was informed the following:

"Hello Andy

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding a replacement bottle of touch up paint.

At this time we are not able to sell our consumer “do it yourself” kits in Canada.

We are busy setting up exclusive Dr. ColourChip professionals from coast to coast. However at this time we do not have a Dr. ColourChip licensee set up in your area.

Please check back with us in the future. We certainly plan to have a mobile Dr. ColourChip team in your area soon!

Best regards,

Duane King
President
Dr. ColourChip Canada Inc. "

So I responded with the following:

"Thanks for the quick response but I'm a little confused, why would you not be able to sell the paint as what makes this product so good is how easy it is to watch a five minute YouTube video and do the process perfectly? The only option this leaves me is to buy the paint in the states and have it delivered to a post box of a friend in Pt Roberts (in Washington) and have it brought back the next time he goes down. To not be able to be supported by a Canadian company is unfortunate or to be driven down the road to hire someone to do some I've done 10 times in the past is extremely frustrating.

As the product is well known and well supported on the Porsche forums, I will be sharing how poorly Canadian customers are being treated compared to our American counterparts."

This is very frustrating that we'd have to employ some guy at some point in the future to do something that is about as simple a process as one could develop!!

Probably because you spelled "color" wrong. Maybe you are getting a completely different company now.

But, you are correct, Dr. Color Chip does not ship to Canada.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:21 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LexVan
Probably because you spelled "color" wrong. Maybe you are getting a completely different company now.

But, you are correct, Dr. Color Chip does not ship to Canada.
Nope its the same product and same company, the only difference is that here as its Canada the use the correct spelling of colour!!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Nope its the same product and same company, the only difference is that here as its Canada the use the correct spelling of colour!!
Yeah you guys spell funny. Just like "flavor".
Old 01-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Greg981
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I also tried to buy some Carmine Red. Purchased Speed Yellow from the US site a few years ago and got great results doing the chip repair myself. They have a mobile colourchip guy not to far away but I'm not going to pay to have someone do what I can. I still have some of the reducer they supply in there kits. Thinking I may get some touch up paint from the dealer and try and see if I can use DR Colourchips reducer with it.

Quick Reply: Dr. color chip