Notices

Best tint shop in GTA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Best tint shop in GTA?

Looking to get some light tints on my 95 993 C2. Any good reco's?

Thanks in adavnce......
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've taken my DD's to FX Auto in Markham and their quality/service is pretty top notch. Not sure if they have experience with Pcars though.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Sultan
I've taken my DD's to FX Auto in Markham and their quality/service is pretty top notch. Not sure if they have experience with Pcars though.
same. they did the tint of my previous BMW. great job.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:13 PM
997inTO
Racer

+1 FX Auto
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+ 2 for FX.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:15 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 346 Posts

Successfully putting plastic on windows IMO depends on (1) how many and often does the fitter do it. (2) Is it a newer car and is cut off a factory template? (Hint, the software costs $2400 a year. If it's a 2000 or later it might be difficult to get an auto cut and in that case for sure you want to go with experience. A well lit shop helps a whole lot, i'm not sure if folks appreciate what they get for their money. These folks really have to work for it, and BTW the brand and type can be had easily and isn't a big part of the price. Recommendations help a lot. Where in the city is it best for the OP.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:00 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with above, it also has to do with how much care the installer and shop owner dealing with small defects such as dust particles and compound curvatures such as the rear window on my hardtop, it was a bear and my shop did it twice to get it right. Google the shops you plan to use and see how much complaint posts you may find from various car forums in the area, some shops which used to have good reputations have gone down a notch likely falling into the "quantity over quality" trap.

The shop I use is AutoEdge in Oakville, they also install residence window film under Superior Window Film company name, good size shop, well lit, kept very clean, I've used them several times for Venture Shield clear bra film as well as window tint for both of my cars, they know I won't put up with sub standard work so they don't even think twice of pulling the film off and cut another piece if there are specks of dust under the film in the prominent area, I am reasonable with this aspect and work with them for achieve a mutually agreeable and balanced final result and cost.

I've read even some of the well-known shops in GTA turn a window tint job over in 30 minutes, I just can't see how they can ensure a sufficiently quality job in such a haste?!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:54 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 346 Posts

The reason busy shops do jobs that fast is they make a production out of it. One guy does nothing but cut films and two fitters work on the car. One only does back windows and another the sides. A clean up guy cleans the glass on the next car and tides up after the fitters.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 992 Likes on 477 Posts

I went to superior and was quoted 450 plus tax to do a 928, his excuse was that they would have to cut the film as there are no plot files for the car.

450 for 5 windows I think not.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:49 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
The reason busy shops do jobs that fast is they make a production out of it. One guy does nothing but cut films and two fitters work on the car. One only does back windows and another the sides. A clean up guy cleans the glass on the next car and tides up after the fitters.
Fair enough statement for the parallel processing efficiency, however the shop I had read about only have two guys working there to the best of my knowledge, I just find it "rushed" for a tint job to be done in 30 minutes between cleaning the windows plus all other activities such as adding the "mole skin" felt strip to avoid scuffing for some of the cars.

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I went to superior and was quoted 450 plus tax to do a 928, his excuse was that they would have to cut the film as there are no plot files for the car.

450 for 5 windows I think not.
That does sound a bit high side and I would be looking around too. However I would not agree that it was an "excuse", as Jim pointed out there the electroic templates in their database does not contain some/most of the older cars before a certain date, and manually cutting the film to size would take more effort, is it going to cost the addtional $150 as compared to the standard charge such as when there is a template as for my car? I don't know and will reserve comment, suffice to say they should/would give you a better price if there is a template and they can sharpen their pencils better rather than have you go somewhere else.

That said I felt their price for my car at $300 was quite reasonable given the Formula One Ceramic film that was used and the convinience factor due to their proximity to me, I've read one GTA shop had a Group Buy earlier for $250using the same film, but I'm not about to go drive back and forth across GTA to save $50, what if I need tint issues resolved and had to go back to the shop? I would have lost the "savings".

If you are able to find another shop to apply the same film for less and you are happy with the result afterwards, then more power to you. BTW, when are you going to bring your newly painted car to the GTG? Always had a soft spot fo the 928.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 992 Likes on 477 Posts

I will be out soon, Hopefully to GTG on the 9th. Until then I'm Mr Mom as my wife is going away.

Cutting film is not hard, especially on a 928. There was a day when all film was cut to size.

I'm getting my nose wrapped in 3m on the 6th, next up tinting. I'm probably going to go to the shop on Hensall circle in Missisaauga to get a quote. I forget the shop name, but someone here reccomrnded them.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
5ABI VT
Intermediate

Ive tinted my cars quite a few times and I can tell you Tint master will never be on my radar again. The last time i went there i was sitting for 7 hours and then they came out and said they ran out of film and to come back another day to finish. Then they had the nerve to ask for full payment before I left with a car half completed with bubbles and nicks and dist under the film.
i paid for the windows completed and went home and ripped it right off. I then went to Richmond Hill tint and had it done there and it was a beautiful job they did.

only problem is im not happy with 35% Im trying to find a 40-45% tint and ill be re-doing it again.

Quick Reply: Best tint shop in GTA?