O/T - Racing Box Track Days?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default O/T - Racing Box Track Days?

Anyone heard of this outfit?

Their website is a bit light on details, but apparently they are the No 1 Racing School in Canada. They are running a WagJag deal for Ferrari F430 and Gallardo laps at Cayuga. Asking for a friend.

Spider senses are tingling on this one. No actual mention of who the instructors are, qualifications, track safety. Half the images on the website don't load. Canadian Price match refers to UK advertised prices. They look more interesting in selling Racing Box branded T-shirts.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

there was an exotic car rental place at the motorsports show last year and they used exotics at cayuga. they put a piece of wood under the gas pedal so to restrict your speed
Old 07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Another wagjag in the paper this morning, and Cliff's post was one of the first hits on google. Their website is ridiculously poor, and the Toronto circuit is just called "Toronto". No mention at all of which it is. The QC one is in St. Eustache, so presumably "Toronto" is TMP again. $150 for 1 lap in Gallardo at TMP with restricted speed? Think I'll pass.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks like crap. Can I say crap on here?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Astonmartin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racingbox is No.1 in USA and canada and europe, I've been cheking their website and I love it, maybe takes some time to load as many other websites when are heavy, in my Mac load very quickly.
My experience was just awesome, I went with my family and all of us enjoyed the activity. My son with the simulator and segway and me with the F430. At the begining of the activity, you will know the instructors, safety regulations and racetrack with the 2 discovery laps.
The dealers as yours and groupon do not give the whole information, but you can contact Racingbox anytime as I did.
You definitely must get your voucher to drive, ENJOY IT.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 111 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Astonmartin
Racingbox is No.1 in USA and canada and europe, I've been cheking their website and I love it, maybe takes some time to load as many other websites when are heavy, in my Mac load very quickly.
My experience was just awesome, I went with my family and all of us enjoyed the activity. My son with the simulator and segway and me with the F430. At the begining of the activity, you will know the instructors, safety regulations and racetrack with the 2 discovery laps.
The dealers as yours and groupon do not give the whole information, but you can contact Racingbox anytime as I did.
^^^^spam

This is the Porsche forum, Mr. Aston Martin....

P
Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Troll alert.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

ban him!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Stig
Anyone heard of this outfit?

Their website is a bit light on details, but apparently they are the No 1 Racing School in Canada. They are running a WagJag deal for Ferrari F430 and Gallardo laps at Cayuga. Asking for a friend.

Spider senses are tingling on this one. No actual mention of who the instructors are, qualifications, track safety. Half the images on the website don't load. Canadian Price match refers to UK advertised prices. They look more interesting in selling Racing Box branded T-shirts.

Thanks.
I thought the same thing when I checked out the website. My wife got me the wag jag deal for fathers day so I can let you guys know what it is like. I'm not expecting much but If I can do my 2 laps in a Gallardo i'll be happy. The event is held at Mosport
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM
NITEALB
Instructor

found the following video, looks like half the track driven at 1/4 of the pace! rip off!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 306 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Astonmartin
It`s a bit insulting that you think we are morons
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Astonmartin
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by petee_c
^^^^spam

This is the Porsche forum, Mr. Aston Martin....

P
.... the forum title does not say anything about porsche...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=NITEALB;9699232]found the following video, looks like half the track driven at 1/4 of the pace! rip off!

The track did seem short but do you think the track conditions had to do with how he was driving? I personally have never tracked a car and may be a little timid with the wet conditions.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

So yesterday I got to experience what racing box was all about. My voucher was supposed to include the following.

2- discovery laps in a Porsche Cayenne
2- laps in a Lamborghini gallordo
seqway initiation
driving simulator

Well, the driving simulator was a PS3 set up with a steering wheel and pedals. It was probably playing gran turismo but I didn't even check. I got to try out a segway for about 5 mins . The "discovery lap" was 2 laps around the track in a Lincoln navigator. No Porsche Cayenne.

The driving experience was fine. The cars were not governed but we did the short track which I believe was 1.7 km. Because of the short track I didn't even get the car out of second gear. When I shifted gears the car would do a nose dive as if I let off the gas. The interior was beat up and the exhaust would crackle like crazy after shifting. Needless to say the experience was sub par. At least I can say I drove a Gallardo. I got a couple of nice pics with the car. Oh ya, I got a cool certificate that say's I completed the racing box exotic car driving experience I then got in my Porsche and had a fun drive home .

For a $150 I'm not even sure it was worth it. It would have been way better if we did the long course.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Blue Gallardo
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: O/T - Racing Box Track Days?