Notices

Durametric available in Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
KILRWAIL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brit6
acadian_dad: do you know anyone that knows Porsches in Ottawa besides Mark Motors? I have been trying to find someone to work on my Cayenne since i bought it but there doesnt seem to be anyone that knows these suvs inside and out. I need someone with a PIWIS or not sure if the Durametric will do the Porsche Entry and Drive features.

Sexyy GT3
Auto Import (mechanic Jason Norman 613-226-7902) is the largest independent in town and they work on all models of Porsche, although I don't know how many Cayennes they see. The other one I'd recommend is Autobahn Tuning in Manotick (Todd Anderson 613-692-1546), with the same caviat.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

acadian_dad: do you know anyone that knows Porsches in Ottawa besides Mark Motors? I have been trying to find someone to work on my Cayenne since i bought it but there doesnt seem to be anyone that knows these suvs inside and out. I need someone with a PIWIS or not sure if the Durametric will do the Porsche Entry and Drive features.

Sexyy GT3
FWIW I take my cars to AutoImport.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

What Peter and Chris said.

Sexyy GT3
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I will try the shop in manotick.

I will never go to auto import again, and i will tell everyone to stay far away.

I brought my x5 for an alignment and they attempted to align it even with 2 lower control arms that had an inch of play. There is no way that you should ever attempt an alignment if anything is that badly broken. They said oh we didnt know or something. Horrible service.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Surprising - never had any issues with the quality of their work.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:42 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

+1 for AutoImport!

Anybody "can" have a bad day......

Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
renntech
Advanced

Anyone can have a bad day ! However I remember that day and the customer paid for our alignment inspection ( not alignment ) The vehicle was not one of our regular clients and had just come from another shop that had told the client he needed an alignment. In my opinion the clients regular garage should have caught the issue before it had ever arrived at our shop. To perform an alignment you need to set everything up first ( installing each alignment head on each wheel etc...). This is what the client had paid for.

Quick Reply: Durametric available in Ottawa