Notices

OT:Sad news

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just watch the CBC National segment on Mitchell and it compelled me to come here to say to you Craig and family
" Thank You for bringing this subject to the forefront . You are honoring Mitchell well . "

Guy
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig, my sincere condolences.
I was reading some of the posted articles, and I am
extremelly angry. This makes me more determined to keep
alert about my 8 year old daughter, and her daily school interactions.

Craig, stay strong.

John
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts

Craig, we have never communicated on Rennlist before, however, I just now saw this thread and learned of the very sad circumstances your family is faced with. I am an American who moved to Canada (GTA) several years ago, partly because my business brought me here, my wife was Canadian and coming from Atlanta, I considered Toronto to be a clean, safe and somewhat innocent place to raise a family. For the most part, I was correct as both my boys and daughter grew up with great friends and as a parent, I was reasonably comfortable about their well being. When I hear stories like yours, however, it makes me realize how much things have changed, not only here in Toronto, but everywhere. The world, including our immediate geography, has become cold and uncaring in far too many respects. I'm not certain why this is, but raising children today is a far more daunting task than even a generation ago. Your courage and dedication in making your son's passing stand for something is to be admired. I don't even know you and I am so proud of you, so I think it goes without saying that your son would be beaming to know what is transpiring today.

Your story is producing some very sincere and caring responses here on Rennlist as I'm sure every parent can relate to the fear of this type of thing occurring to their own children. Your efforts to bring attention to a serious and disturbing issue in our society is to be commended. Many thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM
997inTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Syd !
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 PM
997inTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Dr. Phil show guys! They are too hollywood and they were not very empathetic to my families situation! I told them to be more human!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

May his soul rest in peace. We are deeply moved by your loss. Sorry to hear this.

Amar
Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 997inTO
No Dr. Phil show guys! They are too hollywood and they were not very empathetic to my families situation! I told them to be more human!
Wow... Americans...
Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 997inTO
That is too bad, but doesn't surprise me-I'd always thought of him as a bit of a phony. Maybe someone more legitimate will take the baton.

Quick Reply: OT:Sad news