Notices

Young drivers caught street racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Young drivers caught street racing

A bunch of teenagers and early 20s adults were caught street racing with their luxury cars yesterday during the day in BC. I will spare you all the "How can an 18 year old afford a Lamborghini" rhetoric as I could care less if they come from rich families (of course if they got their money from drugs that is a different can or worms). The thing that has me pissed is that next month the City of Calgary (yes I know it's not BC) is permanently closing our local race track in order to expand a landfill. Young people use this track Friday nights in controlled drag racing events off of the city streets. How friggin retarded are these civic politicians to be closing a racing facility where people of all ages can race their cars away from the general public.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

$196 is a Bargin i tell you... i had it Worse
Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...that's bull ****.... I can see catching them in the act but a short time later?

Could you imagine having a coffee with a buddy and these turkeys pull into the same coffee shop?

I look younger then I am and with my Speed Yellow 996 in the same parking lot.....

I already know the out come.... No crystal ball needed !!!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
How friggin retarded are these civic politicians to be closing a racing facility where people of all ages can race their cars away from the general public.
Same thing as when I was a pre-teen and teenager - they outlawed skateboarding everywhere, then complained when kids started playing too many video games and getting fat.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

In BC the police can issue a ticket based on information from another person I believe. A friend of mine's kid was noticed speeding in a residential area and the neighbours called the RCMP who visited my friend and gave a warning and indicated that the kid was lucky that he wasn't being ticketed.

These kids were weaving in and out and reportedly had 2 cars blocking the two lane highway so their friends could make some higher speed runs! On top of the fine they will have to pay about $350 to get their cars back. All chicken feed if parents are supplying the money for the cars.

Recently a Ferrari was seized by the RCMP and sold. For "street" racing. This happened in North Vancouver.

John in Vancouver
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Rev_2_8k
Racer

They'll probably get off on a technicality... that being they weren't caught in the act. I love how all of them were 18-22 with new permits.....

I watched it live on the news yesterday. No values when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

ok lets see $196 Ticket... $350 to get your car back... Again i tell you thats a Bargin...

i loves threads like these... All the troll haters, fustrated with life conjoin on Rennlist
Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Two more got caught yesterday in West Vancouver. This time in a speed trap at 143k in a 60k zone. BMW (looks like I335) and Porache C4S. Both drivers 17! BMW crashed into ditch trying to get away. Porsche did get away but was found at the nearby high school. Both cars impounded for 7 days. Tickets will be speeding and evading police. Police have approached our Motor Bureau to see if the can do the "seize" thing. They'll have to pay the towing/storage also.

John in Vancouver
Old 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

nice!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:49 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
Two more got caught yesterday in West Vancouver.
A 58 year old fellow was also caught doing 235 kph on a rural road in Alberta in his Camaro.

In all of these recent cases these people are wrong. While we know the cars are capable of handling these speeds, there are too many variables to be doing these speed safely on the public roads. If people want to experience 200+ kph speeds in their cars, they need to be doing it at the respective race tracks where the general public is not being put at risk. But what really pisses me off, is that our local politicians are pushing full steam ahead to close our local race track here in Calgary. They don't want us to speed on the public roads (perfectly understandable why we should not be doing it) but at the same time they are permanently closing our race track to expand a landfill. WTF?

Expect more stories like these once the race tracks are all closed ...
Old 09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Not to side track the thread but I heard Grand Bend is being paved this week or was it last week? Anyway, more places for lapping can't be bad. Maybe give kids like this a place to go (and Rennlist kids!).

Quick Reply: Young drivers caught street racing