Notices

8-9 months wait on a new Cayenne V6!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
boraiv333
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, from my understanding (when my father was at VW HQ), there is an agreement that North American NEW cars are not exportable. Used cars yes, not new.

This eliminated the potenital for exporting of vehicles for "business profit" due to currency excahnge rates. You may want to check with Canada Customs before you make the purchase.

However, if you box up the car in a storage container and do not "declare on the waybill" the content, that would be up to you
Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 AM
SY6TTX50
Racer

Originally Posted by MidnightCayman
Does it have to be white,V6? I can get in contact with the club around here and let you know.
Yes, please poke some more holes and let me know if you find anything else.

Originally Posted by boraiv333
Tim, from my understanding (when my father was at VW HQ), there is an agreement that North American NEW cars are not exportable. Used cars yes, not new.

This eliminated the potenital for exporting of vehicles for "business profit" due to currency excahnge rates. You may want to check with Canada Customs before you make the purchase.

However, if you box up the car in a storage container and do not "declare on the waybill" the content, that would be up to you
I think it should be ok, will double check with Canada Customs. I got mixed messages from the dealers as well. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:00 AM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
lame comment
awesome comment
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Granger968
Pro

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
+1 Drove a new Cayenne Turbo on track for some video production and any SUV you can drift is OK in my book...
With the body changes in 2011, I think the Cayenne I also the best looking SUV out there...
Old 09-17-2011, 05:02 PM
SY6TTX50
Racer

Originally Posted by boraiv333

You Sir are correct. We ended up buying a white 2011 ML350 with 8k kms (no tax) and she was shipped on Thursday.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my friend hooked up with John Hully at Pfaff (who was just awesome by the way) and a couple of months later and the CayenneS arrived. It was well worth the wait. I am not a fan of SUVs but this is one amazing vehicle. I never thought I would be so impressed and the new owner is totally overwhelmed.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 PM
sp000lin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
I got my friend hooked up with John Hully at Pfaff (who was just awesome by the way) and a couple of months later and the CayenneS arrived. It was well worth the wait. I am not a fan of SUVs but this is one amazing vehicle. I never thought I would be so impressed and the new owner is totally overwhelmed.
John Hully is the man. Was always more than happy to sit down with me and help me in any which way he could when I was picking out my car, knowing full well there wasn't a penny in it for him as I was dealing directly with our wholesaler. He's a genuinely amazing person for sure!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:07 PM
funkybuda
AutoX

Sigh.put down deposit for my order on April 7th, and was told the car production would be in sep/oct, delivery by Nov 30th...just got an email from dealer saying the production is postponed to jan, delivery in Feb, 2012!! Any other Canadians are facing the similar issues? Yes, my order is a White V6 with Beige interior....
Old 09-23-2011, 08:52 PM
d_amt_78
Intermediate

Originally Posted by funkybuda
Sigh.put down deposit for my order on April 7th, and was told the car production would be in sep/oct, delivery by Nov 30th...just got an email from dealer saying the production is postponed to jan, delivery in Feb, 2012!! Any other Canadians are facing the similar issues? Yes, my order is a White V6 with Beige interior....
Did you place your order with downtown fine cars or pfaff?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
funkybuda
AutoX

Originally Posted by d_amt_78
Did you place your order with downtown fine cars or pfaff?
Did my test drive with Pfaff, but neither would offer any significant discount, so ordered it in Quebec....

How's your order coming along? Is it still on track the last time you checked with your dealer?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Granger968
Pro

Did my test drive with Pfaff, but neither would offer any significant discount, so ordered it in Quebec...
That probably won't help you get good after sales service from Pfaff or DFC...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
funkybuda
AutoX

Originally Posted by Granger968
That probably won't help you get good after sales service from Pfaff or DFC...
Hm.....never really thought about it....what kinda after sales service are you referring to? If it's mostly the maintenance services, I just can't see why any dealer would treat anyone differently for the price they charge...and even if they do, it's not like there aren't any reputable/porsche certified mechanics out there...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Granger968
Pro

Just heard about some guys getting a courtesy vehicle during repair work vs. having to arrange for their own ride. I don't think anybody will spit on warranty work though, you're right.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
funkybuda
AutoX

I see I see. Yeah, unless the courtesy vehicles are Panameras, don't think I am missing out on much

So anyone put in an order for a Cayenne V6 on or after April, and already have a at least a reference number to show a build completion date from Porsche yet? Mine is still up in the air
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM
d_amt_78
Intermediate

I see I see. Yeah, unless the courtesy vehicles are Panameras, don't think I am missing out on much

So anyone put in an order for a Cayenne V6 on or after April, and already have a at least a reference number to show a build completion date from Porsche yet? Mine is still up in the air
Placed order late April..got ref. number for an estimate build completion date in November..I hope Santa will be good to me this year

Quick Reply: 8-9 months wait on a new Cayenne V6!