Notices

8-9 months wait on a new Cayenne V6!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8-9 months wait on a new Cayenne V6!

That's right, fellas. If you need a new SUV, buy a Benz or a Bimmer, 'cause if you want a new Cayenne V6 (particularly white/beige) it will be here in the next year.

I must also add that I have never seen Pfaff as busy as I have today. Almost every salesman was with a customer or two. With a Speedster, a few GTSs, a few nicely optioned Turbos and a bunch of C4Ss on display, I assume it's the Cayenne that is responsible for all the commotion.

Not sure if I should be happy or sad that Porsche is becoming such a common man's vehicle nowadays. Happy, I guess...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Not sure if I should be happy or sad that Porsche is becoming such a common man's vehicle nowadays. Happy, I guess...
if you consider a cayenne a porsche
Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In Germany wait for Cayenne is 46 to 48 weeks. Panamera is 42 to 44 weeks. Problem is these two models are very hot sellers in China and a large portion of units are going there. China is now the 2nd largest destination for Porsches and has surpassed Germany in Porsche deliveries. It's anticipated by Porsche that China will be number 1 destination within a couple of years.

John in Vancouver
Old 06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My boss just got a new Cayenne for his wife in Ottawa, seemingly in under three weeks.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

If you guys are planning a trip to Halifax, NS this summer, the dealer has 3 2011 Cayennes in stock with reduced prices starting at $62k. No affiliation, I just service my Cayman there and see they do not sell as many cars as a dealer such as Pfaff.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
lame comment
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
Not to sound confrontational, but what DO you consider a proper Porsche and why. Am I wrong to assume, you have never driven one with proper options (PASM, Air Suspension, etc..)?

Here is my take on this: Some SUVs are great at off-roading, others have best safety ratings, some have the biggest horsepower (though useless), some are the roomiest and others are the best looking ones. Yet, I have not driven another SUV that does everything quite well. For that, in my book, the Cayenne (especially the new one) is just as much a Porsche as any other model that Porsche ever produced. Granted tough, not as much as an iconic 911, yet a Porsche non the less.

Also, I learned Today that the earliest for a V6 would be April. So that's 11 months. Wow!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Not to sound confrontational, but what DO you consider a proper Porsche and why. Am I wrong to assume, you have never driven one with proper options (PASM, Air Suspension, etc..)?

Here is my take on this: Some SUVs are great at off-roading, others have best safety ratings, some have the biggest horsepower (though useless), some are the roomiest and others are the best looking ones. Yet, I have not driven another SUV that does everything quite well. For that, in my book, the Cayenne (especially the new one) is just as much a Porsche as any other model that Porsche ever produced. Granted tough, not as much as an iconic 911, yet a Porsche non the less.

Also, I learned Today that the earliest for a V6 would be April. So that's 11 months. Wow!
+1 Drove a new Cayenne Turbo on track for some video production and any SUV you can drift is OK in my book...
Attached Images   
Old 06-11-2011, 11:49 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
+1 Drove a new Cayenne Turbo on track for some video production and any SUV you can drift is OK in my book...
+1
drove it on the factory track in Leipzig. It's a real Porsche.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:31 AM
sp000lin
Advanced

It's crazy how well these things are selling. There's even a shortage of some parts for them now, I can't remember the E-Mail but I believe it's regarding the back up cameras so even Cayennes and Panameras that are already being shipped to the dealers for customers are coming in with certain features inactive. Porsche said they will come up with a way to make up for it to keep customers happy.

On that note, +1 to all those backing up the Cayenne in terms of it being a real Porsche. I get to drive them daily and man oh man, a loaded Turbo with air suspension is absolutely ridiculous. You toss it full speed into a turn and all you can think is "WOW I WISH MY SPORTS CAR COULD DO THIS!"

I wasn't a fan of the previous gen, but the 2011+ is an absolute dream. The interior is pure Porsche, body lines are pure Porsche, underneath is pure Porsche, and the driving dynamics are 100% Porsche. All that and you can still haul your entire family and their luggage cross country in incredible comfort.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

All current models are worthy of the Porsche badge IMO, but I do hate the fact that as a kid, It was a special event to see a Porsche on the street and now, one trip from Richmond Hill to downtown will present 30 or 40 P-cars. A month ago, 4 turbos passed me going the other way on the 404 within about 3 minutes. The spotted thread seems somewhat boring now.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:54 AM
SY6TTX50
Racer

Yea, just talked with downtown Porsche, there's a waiting list for the Cayenne V6 . The earliest delivery date is probably April 2012. My cousin is looking for one in white and he'll be flying in from Asia on September 2nd. If anyone has any leads, please let me know. Looking at 1 month window and it has to be within Canada. We have cash in hand.

TIA
Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 AM
MidnightCayman
Racer

SY6TTX50,

http://halifax.porschedealer.com/new...nne/search.php

Your cousin could fly to Halifax and drive to Toronto. As you may know the port is in Halifax where cars are initially imported, though not sure if that has any effect on transportation costs, dealer pricing. My father almost purchased the V6 but could not get over the black interior.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
SY6TTX50
Racer

His driver license expired in Canada. He has dual citizenship, moved back home in 97 to take over his dad's business. The car will not be driven here and will be shipped directly from the dealer's lot (we already have a shipping co.). If you can help locate a white one in Halifax, I will compensate you once the deal goes thru.

The salesman told me that it's already sold out in Canada and possibly in the US too. Even though it's a cash deal, he could not help....
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by SY6TTX50
His driver license expired in Canada. He has dual citizenship, moved back home in 97 to take over his dad's business. The car will not be driven here and will be shipped directly from the dealer's lot (we already have a shipping co.). If you can help locate a white one in Halifax, I will compensate you once the deal goes thru.

The salesman told me that it's already sold out in Canada and possibly in the US too. Even though it's a cash deal, he could not help....
Does it have to be white,V6? I can get in contact with the club around here and let you know.

Quick Reply: 8-9 months wait on a new Cayenne V6!