Notices

Nice C4S I found for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is almost identical to my car....although I'd like to know where he got the white face gauges from ??

Mine is an 04...with 96K and I paid 41 with CPO. So I'd say $36 without CPO would be the "ballpark"

I would NOT buy a Porsche from Quebec....not matter what.

I would not buy a Porsche from Joe Blo's dealership who operates out of a mini mall.

YMMV

sean
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

There is a pretty big delta between mediocre cars, good cars and great cars. 5 years ago, the difference between a mediocre car and a great car was $10-15K more. I paid a premium for a great car and it's rewarded me with no hidden issues whatsoever.

If you're only buying based on price and looking at the cheapest, there are lots out there, but I'm willing to bet that in the first 90 days you will need to invest what you saved initially in maintenance and repairs (if you're lucky!).

Just looking at new brakes, clutch and tires, you're easily into the 6K range. After market mods lower the value of the car for most p-car buyers; if it wasn't designed and engineered in Weissach, I don't want it bolted on my car. That white one on autotrader with the "pimp my ride" 20" wheels and two-tone black and white interior is is close to unsellable as a Porsche imho...if it was a Honda Civic , well... If there are body/paint issues, well the sky can be the limit.
Caveat emptor
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
That is almost identical to my car....although I'd like to know where he got the white face gauges from ??

Mine is an 04...with 96K and I paid 41 with CPO. So I'd say $36 without CPO would be the "ballpark"

I would NOT buy a Porsche from Quebec....not matter what.

I would not buy a Porsche from Joe Blo's dealership who operates out of a mini mall.

YMMV

sean
I'm curious,why would you not buy a car from Quebec no matter what?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 997inTO
What I mean, is you are very resourcefull when it comes to finding the right stuff.....at the right price...just like the tires! "cheaper" was a poor choice of words, sorry. How are those Hankook tires? would I like them? cause I like the price!
lol haha i know, thanks... but i dint even post in this thread, that why i was confused
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a Quebec C4S, since it was a baby with only 8k on it.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I have a Quebec C4S, since it was a baby with only 8k on it.
does that mean your car is "Rudeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Old 03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Zookie
does that mean your car is "Rudeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
no, must mean it's odometer was rolled back or it was stolen.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pongobaz
There is a pretty big delta between mediocre cars, good cars and great cars. 5 years ago, the difference between a mediocre car and a great car was $10-15K more. I paid a premium for a great car and it's rewarded me with no hidden issues whatsoever.

If you're only buying based on price and looking at the cheapest, there are lots out there, but I'm willing to bet that in the first 90 days you will need to invest what you saved initially in maintenance and repairs (if you're lucky!).

Just looking at new brakes, clutch and tires, you're easily into the 6K range. After market mods lower the value of the car for most p-car buyers; if it wasn't designed and engineered in Weissach, I don't want it bolted on my car. That white one on autotrader with the "pimp my ride" 20" wheels and two-tone black and white interior is is close to unsellable as a Porsche imho...if it was a Honda Civic , well... If there are body/paint issues, well the sky can be the limit.
Caveat emptor
That white one is over priced in my opinion I threw it in there for perspective they want the same price as a car with 55k less km.
A car with 116k probably is due for rotors and clutch soon but a car with only 65km on it probably not for another 60 or more unless it was Zookie driving it.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
ScrnPrntr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hawkesbury: where the car is listed is in Ontario. about 20 minutes from the quebec border. I paid $39500 for my 03 with 83k on the clock.. and it came with white gauge faces.

the price is not that far off considering the higher mileage.

just sayin..

mike
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jumper5836
no, must mean it's odometer was rolled back or it was stolen.
lol yea, i noticed they sell a lot of Salvage cars... Well cars that can be Salvaged, fixer uppers...
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
BrandX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2002 in Vancouver is a very nice car - it's mine as a matter of fact . I have every receipt since it was new, and it has new clutch (at 45K), new front brakes, rads and condensers (70K), and new tires (72K). The only mods on it is are set of aluminum pedals and an iPod interface - I couldn't resist either.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by petee1997
I'm curious,why would you not buy a car from Quebec no matter what?
Quebec roads are generally not well maintained like other Canadian roads and are harder on the vehicles due to that fact. Quebec also uses tons of salt on the roads in the winter. Ontario isn't that much better for salt either though...

Quick Reply: Nice C4S I found for sale