Notices

Porsche Finance Rates

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:40 PM
AK1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Finance Rates

Hi, Porsche Finance rates for a 2011 Cayenne are currently 6.9% for finance. Very high compared to say Touareg 2.9%.

In people's experience, are these rates negotiable at all? Or are the rates ever discounted?

We are flexible with our ordering date for a Cayenne S and could wait until a decent finance rate or dealer price incentive.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

go for the toureg...especially the Turbo diesel...can you say TORQUE?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
AK1
Intermediate

The Turbo Diesel is the only model we considered. But stacked up against a V8 Cayenne and the handling of the Cayenne, my wife says it has to be the Cayenne, bless her!

Originally Posted by Turbodan
go for the toureg...especially the Turbo diesel...can you say TORQUE?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I have had a couple of Touaregs before current Cayenne. I would definitely consider the VW
Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 AM
AK1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ronan
I have had a couple of Touaregs before current Cayenne. I would definitely consider the VW
Thanks but I would love some input on my original question regarding Porsche Canada finance rates.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Finance rates are usually reset monthly by the parent depending on the their current funding costs. It's a function of how/where they raise money to lend to consumers and what it costs them.

I'm not sure if Porsche has their own finance arm or they outsource the service to another lender. If they use a third party lender, the rates are dependent on whatever rate program the lender offers.

Long and the short - the rates are what they are - I don't think the dealer has the ability to adjust the rates. Unless they have a scheme were you can put down additional refundable deposits for the term of the loan and in effect "buy-down" the interest rate. I know Lexus does this.

Porsche Canada and Porsche NA are a low volume premium brand. They may not have access to rate "deals" a company like Hyundai or Mazda. Nor would they want to be viewed as offering 0% on all new GT3s. They may, but I doubt it. Their customer demographic is likely one where most either self finance (at lower rates) or purchase for cash. So again - they don't really have an incentive to go out and give away their cars.

If they use a third party lender that charges the client 6.9% - how much do you think that lender is charging Porsche for the privilege?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

AK1: if you talk to your bank you might be able to get a personal line of credit or if you have a Mortgage with RBC for instance, with the home loan program, you might be able to use ur paid up balance on the mortgage towards the car at a rate between 2-4% as opposed to conventional auto financing.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

my guess is he wants to lease it.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by AK1
We are flexible with our ordering date for a Cayenne S and could wait until a decent finance rate or dealer price incentive.
Well if you can't get neither, consider one from the US. My neighbour bought his Cayenne someplace in the Chicago area. Saved big!

I noticed that Porsche Canada lowered their prices; they are still a long way off US pricing though.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts

I understand Stoddard Porsche in Cleveland is set up to facilitate selling to Canadians. Good luck...
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
AK1
Intermediate

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I am leaning towards leasing. With the recent price drop by Porsche Canada, it's less compelling to buy in the US.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
I noticed that Porsche Canada lowered their prices; they are still a long way off US pricing though.
Not as far off as they once were. Savings are still there, but it's down around 10-15% now, after all the import costs, even on a DIY import. Duty really stings on a Porsche, but also on certain Cayennes, they'll get hit with the excise (gas guzzler) tax at the border.

Quick Reply: Porsche Finance Rates