Notices

Budd's Porsche??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Budd's Porsche??

Heard through the grapevine that the Budds are going to open a Porsche dealership in Oakville.

Not surprising, they seem to have all the other high-end marques tied up in the area.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

haven't heard anything, but would be nice to have some more competition for Pfaff and DFC
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
BIMMERMIKE
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Oakville would be the location, next to Budds BMW(Pennisula Imports)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Interesting: I had a conversation about this on Sat with someone who knows the history behind the 'why' no P car dealer in Oakville. Recall the aborted Pfaff 'new car sales' effort in Oakville? Well guess what? The guy just down the road with the VW/Audi outlet was given the 'rights' to sell Porsche way back in the days before there was even a VW Canada. Lawyers letters must mean something I guess...

For whatever his reasons he did not want to retail P cars - only VW's. But he has been able to block all attempts by others to gain the rights. My thinking is that either there was no buyout clause or the transfer of rights fees are more then either P Canada wants to pay or whom ever they may have lined up to run it. There have been offers in the past I was told and all have been turned way. Im sort of glad that Pfaff isn't invloved anyway and this is not a shot at them but one more along the lines of fresh blood/new views selling Porsches. Besides they got some form of % ownership (some other investors as well?) in the new start up in London so thats two dealers out of the current four in Ontario.

So perhap's the ownership of this newly rebuilt VW/Audi dealership (north side of the QEW /east of 3rd line) has changed hands or the old guy has passed on and money 'talks' to the family?

As far as Budd.

Yes they are successful. They run other German car operations. Many of them.

The sons and daughters (and in-laws) run the operation set up by the dad way back when VW was a start up. Interesting thing is there is no love lost between Budd's and Pennisula as I understand it. Seems Budd's wanted their land as Pennisula is smack dab between operations and the selling price was too high. If you dot the i's - you may see that reasons behind the 'why' they wanted Pennisula's property in the past (and may have offered again?) and this rumor of Porsche involvement seems, 'timely'.... Budd's like to leverage their different operations locations as next to each other. Don't like Jag, well, just next door is our BMW operation. Don't like BMW, well next door Sir we have our Mini Store and on and on...

Is the Oakville market underserved (understatement!) and for that matter down through Niagara Region? Yup.

Can Porsche Canada in this day and age put up with a hole in the retailing of their products that Oakville represents? Perhaps finally the price that may have to be paid out for someone to retail new Porsches in this area is now considered a fair price? Or the agreement time frame ran out, ie a 50 year agreement = 1951??

I rate this rumor as gaining traction. It makes too much sense to everyone including the people who hate driving their cars downtown or way, way up town above the 407 for warranty service and new car sales.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Interesting indeed
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Me&You
Instructor

I was told just the other day that it will, indeed, be Pfaff opening a stand-alone Porsche store in Oakville. I'll try and get further confirmation.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Me&You
, indeed, be Pfaff opening a stand-alone Porsche store in Oakville.
mmmmmmm its been there for 5+ years now
Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
mmmmmmm its been there for 5+ years now
Ya, I'm confused by this discussion.......
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Budd's sold air I'd quit breathing and take my chances.
I've bought from their Subaru and BMW divisions, both times were horrible experiences.
With my BMW they sprayed the hood due to a "shipping damage" and over sprayed the whole car with clear coat. When I challenged them they lied and it took weeks for them to admit the truth. It was a right sh1tshow.....
Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chopperzz
If Budd's sold air I'd quit breathing and take my chances.
I've bought from their Subaru and BMW divisions, both times were horrible experiences.
With my BMW they sprayed the hood due to a "shipping damage" and over sprayed the whole car with clear coat. When I challenged them they lied and it took weeks for them to admit the truth. It was a right sh1tshow.....

Come on now....one bad experience and you happened to be the unlucky one. No need to start bashing the Budd's name. I'm sure we all have bad experiences with Dealerships including Porsche.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, but you know what they say, "it takes 10 at-a-boys to cancel out 1 oh-$hoot"... just saying.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Come on now....one bad experience and you happened to be the unlucky one. No need to start bashing the Budd's name. I'm sure we all have bad experiences with Dealerships including Porsche.
I only provided detail about the paint job on the BMW, which I may've neglected to mention that I was lied too by 1 sales rep and the floor manager.
With my Subaru, also from Budd's, I had a service issue that my wife had to deal with that was beyond unreasonable.
My critique is done objectively and I can easily stand by what I've said, with examples.
In my business I am well aware of bad experiences and how to deal with them. There is not one example that has lying to the customer in the answer.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

I've heard stories on how Budd's got the BMW dealership license from the previous dealer and it was "interesting" to say the least.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 AM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Originally Posted by Imo000
I've heard stories on how Budd's got the BMW dealership license from the previous dealer and it was "interesting" to say the least.
Let's hear it!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Why would someone open yet another dealership right now? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. Everything I'm hearing in London is that the new dealership there isn't exactly rolling in sales, and their service department is just getting finished right now. Lots of folks think they won't last there too long.

Quick Reply: Budd's Porsche??