Notices

Finally, a Booster Seat that Fits a 996!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for information purposes: thought I would pick up the booster at CT and give it a whirl. Does NOT fit a 993, for future reference.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spender....what's the name of the Fisher Price seat? Im looking for the seat to fit well. I was planning to use BK harnesses to secure it.

TargaTwo.... Any luck after our conversation?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
88 951S
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, it does not fit a 944.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Targatoo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I put a lot of energy into this. I was quite disheartened when it seemed that I might not find a car seat that was both legal and safe. I thought I had made a mistake buying a 996 thinking that I could put my small family in it. The Britax Diplomat (a seat suggested on other sites) is a discontinued product. I'm surprised that other Britax seats would fit, but I didn't have to try.

I was running out of options. It seems that with ever-increasing safety standards, seats are getting bigger and bigger, regardless of the fact that the Honda Civic is the biggest selling car in Canada for like 20 years now.

But I did get the Cosco seat to fit. I bought some high quality foam and fabric from an upholstery shop, spent a few hours on my mother-in-laws sewing machine and made myself a custom shaped cushion that gives about as much compression as a typical minivan seat. (i figure most car seats are designed to 'adhere' to this type of chair)

The cushion i made has a flap on the back side that folds underneath the existing leather seat and it doesnt' seem that there's anyway it could come out once the child seat is fastened in place.

With the belt buckle in a more upward position, I used the locking clip that is included with all car seats and adjusted it mm by mm until the seat is absolutely motionless in the car, once locked in.

All in all, I'm happy with the result. I caution anyone: if you aren't happy with the fitment of a Canadian-approved car seat, don't use it.
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
spender
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
Spender....what's the name of the Fisher Price seat? Im looking for the seat to fit well. I was planning to use BK harnesses to secure it.
I don't actually know the model number of the Fisher Price seat, just that it was dated from 2006 according to the Transport Canada sticker. I looked all over for a model number, but the tax or sticker for that must have been removed. I no longer have it. If it's any comfort, it didn't actually secure properly in the spot. I am now using a Britax Roundabout.

Quick Reply: Finally, a Booster Seat that Fits a 996!