Notices

The Chimera

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:42 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not sure which is more impressive... the Jeep or the Chimera.... nice work Jim!

That CF air box is pretty awesome, almost as beautiful as the exhaust! It's too bad the best parts are hidden 95% of the time!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:04 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

Thanks Jonathan. The jeep was just hard work. It started with a rusted floor pan and that morphed into a complete rear 1/4 panel, windshield frame and of course two floor pans and a couple of patches on the right side. Part way through i was chipping away at some frame rust and the hammer head disappeared into the frame. That required a three foot frame patch. Apparently all the YJ's suffer frame rot and it's almost always at the same spot. The paint job is rattle can using an acrylic. It's a fifty footer though, but entirely acceptable for a jeep.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Watching the TV shows covering restoration shops I notice how the masters have the shop organized to drawers marked to model and type of stuff. I know now how they got there. It's a matter of 'where did i put that' and it looks like it might work there? All the same I'm still not really sure why they added all those extra nuts and bolts.
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2016, 03:53 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Soooo......... is she on the road!?

When you started this thread I was still in university and didn't own a car.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:50 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Soooo......... is she on the road!?

When you started this thread I was still in university and didn't own a car.
And…since then the clean air regs have changed three times and on July 1 the Safety Certificates will really put a damper on things and i'm moving further north at the end of the month so there's a big push on now and with a bit of luck the engine should get loud next week. With a little bit of luck anyway.

Quick Reply: The Chimera