Notices

Simply tire, simply awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
cjn928
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AHI
Hey Guys, thanks for all the nice comments, we appreciate it.

I'm going to just chime in, if I may about the price differences for tires between Canada - US...

It really all depends on the tires you are picking, and the bigger the dollar value, the bigger the difference.

Being on this forum, you guys are used to expensive tires, based on the vehicles in question. The Differences are really not that much with Michelin, but are still very different with Bridgestone and Pirelli product, and this is something Bridgestone/Pirelli Canada is trying to adress.

As far as everything else goes - Falken, Gislaved, Continental (most), Dunlop, Goodyear, etc... very insignificant differences. Driving to Buffalo to have it done will definitely help get the price ever lower, but then again, what is your time worth?

I am no stranger to this topic, as even I have to drive down to Buffalo to have my GTR outfitted with tires as Dunlop Canada charges far too much for the R compound Run-Flats my car requires, and Dunlop USA will NOT ship into Canada on a wholesale level anymore. So to save myself $440.00, I did the trip.

It's all relative. To buy a 15" or 16" Michelin Xi2 winter package from Buffalo, makes no sense, because it will be less expensive locally, but buying a 295-30-19 Pirelli P-Zero for an Audi R8 will definitly save you $100.00 per tire... and in most cases, I can bring these tires in from the US for you guys (From TireRack), for less than you could, and give you free local proffessional installation.

This is not a free plug, as I know I'm not a sponsor, and TireRack is both your sponsor and my supplier, just wanted to clear the air a little.

Have an awesome New Years Rennlist !!!
Well said, I'm a client of yours and will always be
$200-$300 savings on tires on my cars won't change my life.
In fact you do make my life easier by offering great value for the products and SERVICE you provide...
Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
Google Simply tire they have a website with their prices posted.
Their site needs some work.

I wanted to check pricing for tires and couldn't. They ought to have a look at how the 1010 Tires and Tire Rack sites work.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aron in toronto
You are correct that there is no duty on North American manufactured tires, but I’m pretty sure there is duty on tires from the rest of the world.
There is...about 6%.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Come on...lets get real, the tire prices in Canada is not even close to compared to buying in the US.
Not just tire prices, most prices.

I shop where its cheaper, so do businesses, so why can't I. Its not personal...its strictly business.

As for what is my time worth, dollar-wise, nothing once I leave work. I guess I could be watching TV (if there was something worth watching) or I could be on the web in my spare time, but I'd sooner spend my spare time saving in the tune of $100+ per hour on a drive to the US.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM
carguy88
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget to factor in cost of gas. For me personally, unless I am saving at least $500 after factoring in cost of gas, nothing is worth a dedicated trip to the US!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:32 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carguy88
Don't forget to factor in cost of gas.
The tax I save alone on a $200 saving pays for my gas and bridge crossing. But then all of my orders save me well over $200 per trip, usually far more.

Quick Reply: Simply tire, simply awesome!