Notices

Fantino...Does it again!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM
WeaponZO6
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fantino...Does it again!!

Just got this that a pile of Mini's got nailed during a group cruise on the 400 near Barrie.Sure a good reason not to go on a group cruise IMO

"The report on A Channel Barrie news was not totally clear but it seems Commissar Fantino's boys nailed a whole convoy of Minis on #11 North of Barrie on the weeekend. From the footage shown there were several cruisers pulling out and pulling over a lot of the convoy of Minis (new version) Supposedly nailed several for 50 over and seized cars etc. Also apparently 11 cars (not sure if they were all Minis) had children in them and the OPP are involving the Childrens Aid Society."

The story starts at the 2.55 mark.

http://www.anewsvideo.ca/videos/159/...ews-@6-webcast

I'll make this brief for now, I've been reading instead of being part of the family.

Mini club arranges spring drive to run "The Rattler". I have never heard this term, but they are talking about Muskoka 13. Old Ontario winter rally territory.

Due to past numbers, event organizer informs OPP to prevent any misunderstandings or accidents as the convoy moves from Colossus to Webers. Also informs club members that he has informed OPP.

1 OPP officer is waiting at colussus as cars meet up for convoy. This officer tells club members that the 400 is clear, just him and his sarg.

As they collectively roll north on the 400, in the middle lane, being passed by all of the left lane traffic, the convoy is pulled over. A News is already there waiting with the cruisers to get shots of the mini convoy being pulled over.

A handful of mini drivers receive speeding tickets.

A News carefully words their broadcast to make it sound like mini drivers have kids in car - none of the mini drivers charged had kids in the car. The biggest ticket seems to only be $240 which isn't much.

So who's up for a cruise....
Old 04-27-2010, 01:23 PM
webbie
Pro

so they started impound the kids and the car now? Should humane society be involved if I had a dog?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Moral of the story: They cannot be trusted. Do your fun runs in secret and PM the details (no open posts - no details in UCR mag's).

This was a photo op. They were set up.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

it would really suck if you owned a mini and weren't with the caravan as they passed you when OPP decided to pull all mini's over.....including you.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Absolutely ridiculous. How can we get rid of this guy? (Seriously... does he have a term that ends at some point or do we just need a provincial government willing to throw him out on his ***?)
Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Sputter
Pro

Clearly they were setup. If the club took officers names they contacted etc prior I wonder how that will play out in court. Get the footage of cars passing them, i doubt all of them would had been targeted by radar and would have been "assumed" to be speeding.
I don't think assumed works in court? Otherwise, because my box's spoiler raises at 75 mph I could be assumed that I was speeding if it was raised if I was pulled over.

In a word.. Bastards.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His term ends July 2010. It was extended so that coverage for the G8/G20 would be seamless. Now is the time to email his superiors to get rid of him. You can send a message to the premier at this site: https://www.premier.gov.on.ca/feedba...ck.asp?Lang=EN

The police action in this city and the governments inability to do anything useful is giving me reason to move. The Toronto and Ontario governments don't get this, they don't understand that people are highly mobile and we'll move and take our tax dollars with us.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
His term ends July 2010. It was extended so that coverage for the G8/G20 would be seamless. Now is the time to email his superiors to get rid of him. You can send a message to the premier at this site: https://www.premier.gov.on.ca/feedba...ck.asp?Lang=EN

The police action in this city and the governments inability to do anything useful is giving me reason to move. The Toronto and Ontario governments don't get this, they don't understand that people are highly mobile and we'll move and take our tax dollars with us.
I will certainly be doing so... later when I have the time to sit down and write something properly.

I agree with you, I am in Toronto for school but I'm starting to think more and more that once I've graduated... it'll be time to go west.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponZO6
Supposedly nailed several for 50 over and seized cars etc.
I hope they weren't surprised. I don't agree with the silly speed limits we have here, but that is the way it is. Then I also wouldn't be thrilled with your average NA driver's abilities at speed either. As for street racing...I feel for the one that hits my next of kin.

I don't have a problem with speed...that hardly killed anyone or we wouldn't be flying at over 900 km/hr. But speed and driving stupid; I'm all for throwing the book at those clowns.

I hope Fantino doesn't visit where I drive, because the 200 km/hr "cruising" speeds that I am used to would have him $hit; forget the 260 km/hr pass by the odd car.

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
How can we get rid of this guy?
Annoy him. Organize...take turns tailing him in his car. Video his driving. Borrow a radar/laser gun (I have). Cause him no end of grief if he crosses the line.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Fact: None of the Mini's stopped were going 50 over.
Fact: One Mini was 32 over.
Fact: Other cars (brands such as an Accra) passed the Mini's going faster then the lead Mini during at the time of the incident. OPP ignored these cars to jump out into third lane to try to stop a whole group at once.
Fact: This attempt (successful) almost caused a chain reaction when people lane changed into 2nd lane to avoid hitting these officers.
Supposition: The OPP are without honor.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 AM
webbie
Pro

Story from the other side
http://thegarageblog.com/garage/onta...convoy-part-1/
http://thegarageblog.com/garage/opp-...convoy-part-2/
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

As I've said before, Fantino is setting back police and community relations 20 years. Every time I read something like this my trust in law enforcement agencies erodes a little bit more.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the Mini Club got the "Old Biker Welcome from the Man"... .
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
NITEALB
Instructor

i hate pigs (the smelly ones in cheap domestic vehicles that wish they had nice cars)
Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

The news reporters, should have to explain them selves. Sounds like they did a really bad job reporting the news.

Quick Reply: Fantino...Does it again!!