Insurance --- Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance --- Help

ok,

I got some incorrect quotes (long story)

now

My wife is with an insurance company State Farm
and they are having a problem ID'ing locating my car. so not sure if its even accurate and want my VIN number, milage details etc.

They gave some quotes:
comprehensive: $390/month
3rd party: $290
my wifes Dodge is $250/month

I asked for a rough quote for an 06' 987 and that came to about $300.

so some questions.

1> These kinda prices seem like mad !! 250/month is like $3000/year
about £1940 UK,

1> quotes are for vehicle being shared (under wifes insurance, me named driver)

2> Will try Kanetic (sp?) any other guys you can suggest, also any people that give discount for muticar insurance.

Even if I dont bring the 44 over if i go for a newer Porsce, the cost is cheaper, but insurance is still in the order of $300/month
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Wellcome to Ontario... i was paying $520 a month at one time, at that time my Record for Clean...

Ontario has the Highest Insurance Rate in N/A After New Jersey...

try RBC
Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

WOW

RBC? Obviously my missus will know but....
Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
WOW

RBC? Obviously my missus will know but....
Royal Bank Canada, more stuff you insure (House, Cars, Boat, Bike, ETC) more Discount you get
Old 04-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

OT: Just found out something interesting. There was a debate around here about bike insurance being cheaper in Quebec then Ontario. I talked to a guy yesterday that has a sport bike in Montreal. He asked me how much is a plate sticker for a bike in Ontario. I tell him $42 bucks. He freaks out saying HOW MUCH?? I repeat it. He then tells me that his sticker is $1400!! I now freak out. Seem that Quebec gauges the price of a plate sticker for bikes to the 'type/risk' of your bike. They may have slightly lower insurance then Ontario as we were told - but they more then make up for it with the moto plate sticker abuse!!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motorcycle sticker is rediculous in quebec.

Adrian, try www.kanetix.ca
it's totally inaccurate for motorcycles, but quite good for cars. It has recently been revamped and now includes a lot more companies and revized rating systems and discount rates.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

adrian, try going through a broker, mine hooked me up with Lombard, cheapest rates that I could find approx $100 a month for my 964, and $120 a month for my MDX ($500 deductible, full coverage/collision). PM me if you're intersted I'll send you my brokers info.

fyi - when you bundle your insurance, i.e. include home insurance, they usually give you better rates aswell.

Trending Topics

Old 04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,109 Likes on 793 Posts

Dude they are bending you over . treating you like you are a brand new driver with no insurnace history . can't your insurnace company in the UK do anything for you ? Although i doubt this as coming from another Coutry is the perfect excuse for an insurance company to rape you . If they considered your record from another country they would make less money. Remember they are the ins industry .. they make the rules.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

even still that's too much. my family was rated as new drivers because we all used 2 be covered under a fleet policy, and even then with 2m$ liability and everything else i can get the 996 covered for 190$ a month.

It's just a matter of hunting around.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by theiceman
Dude they are bending you over . treating you like you are a brand new driver with no insurnace history . can't your insurnace company in the UK do anything for you ? Although i doubt this as coming from another Coutry is the perfect excuse for an insurance company to rape you . If they considered your record from another country they would make less money. Remember they are the ins industry .. they make the rules.
Clive is 100% Correct... When we moved to Canada, Ontario back in 2000 my mom got Insurance and it was rediculus... Even though she had been driving for 20 years in Kuwait, Prior Insurance and Driving Record did not count for ****s...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

quebec has liability coverage included in the cost ofplates, hence the high cost of plates and lower insurance cost. You need to add both together to get something comparable
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to Silver Wheels (Lant and Co.), you'll pay $400 per year or something cheap if it's not your daily driver
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Steve Martin
Pro

Originally Posted by Zookie
When we moved to Canada, Ontario back in 2000 my mom got Insurance and it was rediculus... Even though she had been driving for 20 years in Kuwait, Prior Insurance and Driving Record did not count for ****s...
They thought 'mmmm.....this is Zookies mom, wonder if she drives like him???'

Just hav'n fun with ya.....ha ha ha
Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

I am with TD Canada Trust 1-800-338-0218
Have multi line discount for insuring both cars and house, as well as a multi vehicle discount. Have your current insurance provide you with the Record of Insurance letter that will state how many years you have been insured, etc.
Also, ask TD if you take an Ontario Drivers Education Course, will that get you another discount. I also removed window coverage and got an additional reduction, since I will not use my ins to pay for a $1000 window just to see them increase my premium later because of it. Windows are still covered in case of an accident, but not for cracks or break-ins. I aslo increased my deductible to $2500 since I will never put a claim in if the damage is less than that, anyway. At the end I am paying $160/month for a 2010 C4S and $120 for an 2009 Audi Q7. I used to pay $57/month for a 2009 Harley when I had it

That is cheap for Ontario standards
Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

WOWW

listen guys, Im off home
but youve given me some hope

can you pls give us some number to ring,

I'll give you some more info later

thanks

I dont want to be P less, but also wanna save my wife some money too