Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
ok,

I got some incorrect quotes (long story)

now

My wife is with an insurance company State Farm
and they are having a problem ID'ing locating my car. so not sure if its even accurate and want my VIN number, milage details etc.

They gave some quotes:
comprehensive: $390/month
3rd party: $290
my wifes Dodge is $250/month

I asked for a rough quote for an 06' 987 and that came to about $300.

so some questions.

1> These kinda prices seem like mad !! 250/month is like $3000/year
about £1940 UK,

1> quotes are for vehicle being shared (under wifes insurance, me named driver)

2> Will try Kanetic (sp?) any other guys you can suggest, also any people that give discount for muticar insurance.

Even if I dont bring the 44 over if i go for a newer Porsce, the cost is cheaper, but insurance is still in the order of $300/month

Damn ... I pay $232 a month for the 2008 Ford Edge and the Beepster ... does the wife have a bad driving record???

Since I don't drive the Beepster in the winter ... it drops down to $154 a month .... I'm with Economical ... 6 star and 55 YO.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Maxxx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can vouch for TD Bank Insurance AKA Primmum. I have my motorcycle and HEMI Truck with them and even got a discount through work. Best prices and amazing customer service. Had house insurance with them, but had four incidents, not claims, and we had to go to a different company until next year... I guess we were high risk!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kanetix,
couldnt quote me on line, didnt have my car.

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
The motorcycle sticker is rediculous in quebec.

Adrian, try www.kanetix.ca
it's totally inaccurate for motorcycles, but quite good for cars. It has recently been revamped and now includes a lot more companies and revized rating systems and discount rates.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

yes please !

Originally Posted by snasrulla
adrian, try going through a broker, mine hooked me up with Lombard, cheapest rates that I could find approx $100 a month for my 964, and $120 a month for my MDX ($500 deductible, full coverage/collision). PM me if you're intersted I'll send you my brokers info.

fyi - when you bundle your insurance, i.e. include home insurance, they usually give you better rates aswell.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

treating me like a 16 yr old punk,
im a 45 year old familly man,

when you work out a 20 year old car 390/month
=$4680/yr= £3000k a year, if I was a drink driver I wouldnt even pay that,
decent claims record no convictions. I pay on the porsch (limited milllage) aroun £350 a year or $539/year

I'll ask my insurance company, but I doubt it

Originally Posted by theiceman
Dude they are bending you over . treating you like you are a brand new driver with no insurnace history . can't your insurnace company in the UK do anything for you ? Although i doubt this as coming from another Coutry is the perfect excuse for an insurance company to rape you . If they considered your record from another country they would make less money. Remember they are the ins industry .. they make the rules.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

thankxs man,
TD coundt quote me on line

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I am with TD Canada Trust 1-800-338-0218
Have multi line discount for insuring both cars and house, as well as a multi vehicle discount. Have your current insurance provide you with the Record of Insurance letter that will state how many years you have been insured, etc.
Also, ask TD if you take an Ontario Drivers Education Course, will that get you another discount. I also removed window coverage and got an additional reduction, since I will not use my ins to pay for a $1000 window just to see them increase my premium later because of it. Windows are still covered in case of an accident, but not for cracks or break-ins. I aslo increased my deductible to $2500 since I will never put a claim in if the damage is less than that, anyway. At the end I am paying $160/month for a 2010 C4S and $120 for an 2009 Audi Q7. I used to pay $57/month for a 2009 Harley when I had it

That is cheap for Ontario standards
Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
yes please !
PM sent.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

thanks Sultan

goddit

Originally Posted by snasrulla
PM sent.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I wanted to add this name to the fray. We had been covered through PC Insurance, Scottish and York, two cars, two principal drivers and our daughter as a casual driver. Last years' premium was $1550.00 this year it went to $1960. We went to the market and found TD the highest at $2300 and RBC at $1750.00 . The big surprise was ScotiaBank which took us to Desjardins Insurance. We got an apples for apples coverage for $ 1350.00.

http://www.desjardinsgeneralinsuranc...x?MCA=D&LNG=EN
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

I think the main problem is its RHD, I was told it shouldnt make a differance but it does.

have been speaking to Sultan off line,

I think the best course of action is to take my time and buy something newer here and maybe build up my good standing here, at least get a years under the belt. I have a couple of at fault's on my history, which come off next year BUT they are driving company car's and no calims on my own insurance, long story, but we declare everything

BTW one place said they would do $300 a year but that was like 4k a year and no shopping/back up or occasional commuting

funny thing is if my wife came over here and the tables where turned I would expect to pay not more than £50 to add her to my Porsche and even if she wanted her own policy I would get a multicar discount and husband/wife discount

Quick Reply: Insurance --- Help