Notices

Adrian's WOT CAR TO CANADA thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Not really a "car salesman" per se - I do financing and wholesaling. But I can also do retail sales, or broker sales as well, if you're interested.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an s2 cab for the summer and a mercury mystique winter beater. Mystique (Similar to mondeo in Europe) will be driven until something breaks that cost more to fix then getting another one.

I wouldn't drive the cab in the winter aside from the probability that the salt and snow will mess up the roof it will be mighty cold. Don't find the floor vents on the cab very effective so your feet will suffer. Yes I am in Montreal but not a huge difference and last few winters have been harder in Toronto then Montreal.

So bring the cab over RHD will make you unique and the car looks nice. Then get a beater for the winter.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cheers m8

Originally Posted by mhr
I have an s2 cab for the summer and a mercury mystique winter beater. Mystique (Similar to mondeo in Europe) will be driven until something breaks that cost more to fix then getting another one.

I wouldn't drive the cab in the winter aside from the probability that the salt and snow will mess up the roof it will be mighty cold. Don't find the floor vents on the cab very effective so your feet will suffer. Yes I am in Montreal but not a huge difference and last few winters have been harder in Toronto then Montreal.

So bring the cab over RHD will make you unique and the car looks nice. Then get a beater for the winter.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

My vote is get your priorities right .. you have a preganant wife, moving to a whole new country and you undoubtedly have some type of culture shock coming wether you know it or not .

Sell the car and forget about it . Move here get settled , climatize yourself to the country , the economy , the climate, Help your wife with her pregnancy and new baby, get used to life with the 3 of you as it is going to be a total life changer .. you have so much on your plate the last thing on your mind should really be a sports car ,,,, once you get your head around all that then start looking for a car ... that is all ..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

The other option,
is bring car over put in in the garage and leave it there

Originally Posted by theiceman
My vote is get your priorities right .. you have a preganant wife, moving to a whole new country and you undoubtedly have some type of culture shock coming wether you know it or not .

Sell the car and forget about it . Move here get settled , climatize yourself to the country , the economy , the climate, Help your wife with her pregnancy and new baby, get used to life with the 3 of you as it is going to be a total life changer .. you have so much on your plate the last thing on your mind should really be a sports car ,,,, once you get your head around all that then start looking for a car ... that is all ..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theiceman

In my experience its good to hang onto something for yourself if you can. It'll keep you healthy.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
The other option,
is bring car over put in in the garage and leave it there
Originally Posted by mhr
In my experience its good to hang onto something for yourself if you can. It'll keep you healthy.
...it appears a plan is coming togeather.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 PM
duncan1437
Advanced

might be of interest:

http://blufaction.wordpress.com/2010...-rhd-vehicles/

edit: from here

http://merkursport.com/index.php?showtopic=19461

includes this comment:

"I really pity the guys that have them, got in before the ban. The insurance is going to be nuts, and resale values are going to tank."

Last edited by duncan1437; 04-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

not sure about resale values. Think about it if I want a skyline or some other RHD only car in Quebec my only option is to find one already grandfathered in. I would think this would increase the value of those that are already here.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Default 2007 Volkswagen Eos

Keeping with the Porsche theme,

Well VeeDubs and Porkers are the same yaa gruppen furher

Thought on this one?

2007 VW EOS Red Convertible can$28,900

well its red, its a convertible, its got 4 seats, hard top convo,
not a sports car so insurance should be better.

200-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four (8 bhp short of the Porsche)
250-hp version of the 3.2-liter, narrow-angle VR6

pls dont tell me its a chicks car
Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

I just got a golf wagon for a DD. Car drives great and is very well put together.

pls dont tell me its a chicks car
So you don't want the truth
Old 06-17-2010, 10:35 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Tutonic engineering, can't beat it

BTW, what came first the Veedub or the Porker?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 AM
9 lives
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

an article that ran recently. Take it for what its worth - nothing more then another opinion. Good luck.

http://www.wheels.ca/SecondHand/article/786126
Old 06-18-2010, 06:56 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

thankxs 9

Originally Posted by 9 lives
an article that ran recently. Take it for what its worth - nothing more then another opinion. Good luck.

http://www.wheels.ca/SecondHand/article/786126
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

it looks like a modernized convertible rabbit .... so for the record I did NOT say a chickster..

Quick Reply: Adrian's WOT CAR TO CANADA thread