Notices

Got a scammer on the line :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,114 Likes on 796 Posts

Are you guys sure that is a scam .... BTW i will be bying a new GT3RS just like Ronans when my 300,000,000 dollar check clears I am getting ..
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
they send too much money and ask for you to send the difference...then the funds don't clear.
Exactly.

Here's the latest one:

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now as birthday gift for my Reverend Father that was transfer to motherless home and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the Vehicle to be a surprise for my Revered Father so i wont let him know anything about the Vehicle until it gets delivered to him, I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments as soon as possible for the Vehicle. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the Vehicle up after i have made the payments.i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment.

I need you to ascertain if your PayPal account email address is **@sympatico.ca,so that i can send funds as soon as possible to your PayPal account and you will have money in your account and if you dont have paypal account.you can easily set up your paypal account through www.paypal.com for free. I await your reply as soon as possible and kindly get back to me with your final price.

Thanks and God Bless.

My reply:
Sure, send the funds to that email address. The price is $120,000 USD. We can arrange shipping once the funds clear. We can use an escrow service if you like to ensure a safe transaction. Let me know if you prefer to go this route.

Dennis

I didn't think I'd hear back from him again, but then I got a fake email from PayPal in excess of the amount requested. The email address I gave him is not even the one I have affiliated with PayPal. Then I got a long winded story about how he had problems arranging payment for shipping because they can't take PayPal and he can only pay by that method so he paid me the shipping costs and I need to transfer the money to his shipper via Western Union.

These scams are getting old.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

So send him a fake Western Union email indicating you've transferred the money to him!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Christien
So send him a fake Western Union email indicating you've transferred the money to him!
Yeah thought about that, but I think I'm just going to reply and tell him he is ****ing stupid and that all emails have been forwarded to the RCMP and Interpol.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Are you guys sure that is a scam .... BTW i will be bying a new GT3RS just like Ronans when my 300,000,000 dollar check clears I am getting ..
300 million? Can you buy one for each of us?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Den.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread makes me grin. Thanks guys.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

The plot thickens. I've now received multiple fake emails from PayPal asking me to send the $1550 "shipping cost" before my account can be credited with the full amount for the car. It also asks for my security question and answer. So, not only does he scam you the $1500, but also cleans out your PayPal account, and maybe your bank account.

I'm definitely sending him an email telling him I've reported him here
http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php
Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be curious to find out how much money these scammers make like this. They have been using this method for a while and continue to use it, so it must be semi-effective otherwise they'd come up with some other idea.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be curious to meet the people that fall for it...

Quick Reply: Got a scammer on the line :)