Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i hate when women get ripped !

1> Can somone confirm about gtees?

seems different in UK.

My missus told me that IF she bought a battery with a 5 year gtee.
that if battery broke down in 1 or 2nd year it would be replaced but the gtee is pro-rata? so she woould need to pay a percentage of the price for replavcement.

HERE if I bought a battery and it broke down anytime it would be changed automatically, FOC

2> If you bought a brand new car how long would the battery be gteed for especially if the car had a extended warentee, is a battery a wear and tear item? (my wifes Dodge Minivan)

3> Tyre rotation, do you need to do tyre rotation ? and if so why. (not on our cars)

and when you tel your missus NOT to go to a main dealer to get her battery replaced why dont she listen to me
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure what a battery "gtees" is...so can't help you there...

Tire rotations ensure even tire wear. It's always a good idea to do this. Make
sure to cross over the tires (ie. Rear Right to Front Left, and Rear Left to Front
Right). We always rotate our tires, especially when changing over from
Winters to Summers and vice versa.

I believe that batteries will be covered under the comprehensive warranty of the
vehicle. Call your dealer to find out.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think "gtees" refers to guarantees?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

some guarantees will replace at no cost in first 2 years after that it is prorated. better off to goto walmart or canadian tire and buy non prorated battery.
tire rotation is to ensre even ware but if tires are different size front to rear or have directional tread then you have to remount them and not usually worth it.
why do you let your wife drive a dodge minivan? and yes the stealers will rip you off whether man or woman.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on the manufacturer. I have batteries with 3 year free replacement and 9 year total warranty (pro rated up to 9 years after initial 3 years).

We also offer free tire rotations if you bought the tires from us originally.

With service, the most important thing is to find a place/person you trust to maintain the vehicle. The difference in door rate (price per hour) isn't all the different from place to place.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:54 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

see, back in the day I was told we should tyre rotate.

But then was told modern tyres you dont need to.

In this country Ive never heard of people rotating tyres.

Also I don't do it, because the tyre wear on the fronts wil be greater than the rears but the tyre wear on the front is going to be a constant. So whether it is the original fronts allowed to wear down to legal minimum or the newer looking rears transferred to the front both sets of tyres will wear at the same rate (when fitted to the front).

The original fronts will obviously be finished quicker than if you had the rears moved forward. But what I'm saying is that overall you don't gain anything from the process, because for example you still are losing 1mm of tread per 2,500 miles.

So I change the fronts when they are gone, and I change the rears when they are gone.

The exception is if there is uneven tyre wear occuring, but IMO if that is the case. I prefer to fix the cause of the uneven wear rather than working around the problem.

Originally Posted by _boman
Not sure what a battery "gtees" is...so can't help you there...

Tire rotations ensure even tire wear. It's always a good idea to do this. Make
sure to cross over the tires (ie. Rear Right to Front Left, and Rear Left to Front
Right). We always rotate our tires, especially when changing over from
Winters to Summers and vice versa.

I believe that batteries will be covered under the comprehensive warranty of the
vehicle. Call your dealer to find out.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:57 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

its her's she bought it before I met her (from new) she said it was also one of Canada's most popular car/vans, like most gals she dont really look after it and hate her getting other people to do work on it and rip her off.

Mind you I had a PORSCHE INDY here in UK who ripped me off at Porsche rates for fixing a fuel line, main feul line replaced cut and pasted with a length, run under the car and held on with jubliee clips (off course that money went in his back pocket)

Originally Posted by Turbodan
why do you let your wife drive a dodge minivan? and yes the stealers will rip you off whether man or woman.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

arent you at Can.Tyr ?

thought I saw another post?

nowhere near Mississauga i suppose

untill I get there would like to source a good local place that wife can go without fear of getting ripped cos she's a women.

Originally Posted by atr911
Depends on the manufacturer. I have batteries with 3 year free replacement and 9 year total warranty (pro rated up to 9 years after initial 3 years).

We also offer free tire rotations if you bought the tires from us originally.

With service, the most important thing is to find a place/person you trust to maintain the vehicle. The difference in door rate (price per hour) isn't all the different from place to place.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
arent you at Can.Tyr ?

thought I saw another post?

nowhere near Mississauga i suppose

untill I get there would like to source a good local place that wife can go without fear of getting ripped cos she's a women.
Used to be at the Clarkson Crossing location but Im in Ottawa now.

NOTE*********** Please don't cross tires over when rotating. This is the 'old' way. Tire manufacturers now recommend that tires are only rotated front to back because of the way they wear. This is for all radial tires.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
swbatte
Pro

5 years is better than the 6 month Porsche OEM battery guarantee. I called Porsche NA, and that's it. I bought a new OEM battery and got one season out of it. You'd think they could do better.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Adrian, what city / town does your wife live in, that way someone may chime in with a trusted mechanic in that area. If she is near me I could recommend someone.

EDIT: If the alternator is shot I don't know how the battery warranty would apply.

Last edited by Mark Lue; 02-17-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: adding
Old 02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by atr911
Used to be at the Clarkson Crossing location but Im in Ottawa now.

NOTE*********** Please don't cross tires over when rotating. This is the 'old' way. Tire manufacturers now recommend that tires are only rotated front to back because of the way they wear. This is for all radial tires.

NOTED! Thanks for posting this.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:50 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

was told by a porsche tech here in UK
known fact that Porsche batterys are rubbish!

Bosh silver (or Gold) are best

Originally Posted by swbatte
5 years is better than the 6 month Porsche OEM battery guarantee. I called Porsche NA, and that's it. I bought a new OEM battery and got one season out of it. You'd think they could do better.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

hi dude,

she's in Mississauga, near the 401 (does that make sense?)
5 minute drive to square1

stealership replaced batteries (charged her) and she also the brake pads done as they where under warentee

cheers

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
Adrian, what city / town does your wife live in, that way someone may chime in with a trusted mechanic in that area. If she is near me I could recommend someone.

EDIT: If the alternator is shot I don't know how the battery warranty would apply.

Quick Reply: i hate when women get ripped !