The Ultimate Guys Garage!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
more expensive than a fraped out Mazda shell with no engine ...

BTW I still have your gift .. I will have to hang on to it till spring ..when you bring the new bike .. and no stoppies in the parking lot ..
Lol sounds fair. with any luck i won't turn it into a heaping pile of scrap metal at shannonville in may.

I'll be back in toronto for a grouping of days in march..i'll swing by artisano's for sure. Downtown montreal is abysmal for car owners. Looks like i'm going to have to go the whole year without the 996 here...i refuse to raise teh car on principle and the entry to the parking lots here is just too steep. not to mention potholes and drunks/pedestrians who cannot cross the street...and distracting blonds in cocktail dresses.

FYI regarding the mazda "shell". she's putting out 450 at the wheels now with a power curve and hp/weight ratio that would make most other cars stop and take notice
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

I know that insurance isn't exactly cheap on the L-39 (a shocker I know). I think it's around $20k a year however as the owner told me when you crash it or happen to pull the little red handle on the left hand side of the seat you're not coming back (assuming you're ever found). The guy I know does some of his own wrenching but flies up two guys from TX once a year for a week to work on it (no idea what they do or what it costs but I'm guessing more than a couple of cases of beer and pizza).

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Guys Garage!