The Ultimate Guys Garage!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The Ultimate Guys Garage!

Hi All,

As you may have read, my brother was killed last week when his plane crashed. We had the memorial in a private hanger at the Smiths Falls airport. The guy who owns this hanger was a friend of my brother and he was gracious enought to lend us the hanger for the memorial. It was an amazing event with close to 500 people in attendance.

The hanger and it's content are all owned by one guy. Everything in the hanger is operational and he personally operates everything. I took a little video of it (which isn't great) but it will give a a sense of this amazing place.

Airplane Hanger

Justin
Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, nice collection of toys! I'm sure it was the perfect environment in which to honour your brother.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Wow, nice collection of toys! I'm sure it was the perfect environment in which to honour your brother.
+1
Old 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

A truly incredible setting to honour a most amazing guy.

Still fully sorrowful for you Justin.

RK
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+2 yes a fitting place for the memorial!

Once again Justin, my condolences to you and all your family.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Wow.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

What's really cool is that he has two identical fighter jets (the one over the Ferrari 360). He bought two because he thought it would be a lot more fun to fly in formation. He also has a Lambo but it wasn't there. The collection is breathtaking.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Wes_R
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+3 Very fitting place and a very generous of him. I'm sure your brother would not have wanted it any other way.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

You've got to be kidding me - the guy has TWO L 39's!!!??? I didn't think there were ANY in Canada licensed to fly? Holy crap! It wasn't so many years back that TC wouldn't allow ANY jet fighters to fly - display only. We've caught up to the rest of the world. Maybe we can look forward to someone buying an SU 27 and flying it around here.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 136 Posts

Hi Justin - we have never met as I am new to RL as well as Porsche ownership however I wanted to pass along my condolences to you and your family.

That is certainly an impressive 'garage' indeed. I believe the jets are Albatross L-39's. I had the opportunity to take a ride in one a few years ago as my uncle's neighbour in Maine has one that he does airshow aerobatics with so needless to say it was quite a ride. It wouldn't surprise me if these guys news of one another as the guy I know actualy started importing these things to NA from Russia in the mid 80's and made a boat load of $ in the process.
Attached Images   
Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
Hi Justin - we have never met as I am new to RL as well as Porsche ownership however I wanted to pass along my condolences to you and your family.

That is certainly an impressive 'garage' indeed. I believe the jets are Albatross L-39's. I had the opportunity to take a ride in one a few years ago as my uncle's neighbour in Maine has one that he does airshow aerobatics with so needless to say it was quite a ride. It wouldn't surprise me if these guys news of one another as the guy I know actualy started importing these things to NA from Russia in the mid 80's and made a boat load of $ in the process.
Thanks. It certainly looks like the same planes as the one in your picture, That must have been quite a ride.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Man, it certainly is as true as ever: "The only difference between the men and the boys, is the price of their toys".
Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for posting. And my condolences to you and your family.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
What's really cool is that he has two identical fighter jets (the one over the Ferrari 360). He bought two because he thought it would be a lot more fun to fly in formation. He also has a Lambo but it wasn't there. The collection is breathtaking.
Dude..is that an L-39C i see in the hanger?
The three of us should go out for a pint at some point...i'd like to know more about the operational costs of one of those puppies.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 812 Posts

more expensive than a fraped out Mazda shell with no engine ...

BTW I still have your gift .. I will have to hang on to it till spring ..when you bring the new bike .. and no stoppies in the parking lot ..

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Guys Garage!