Notices

Offically Banned from taking the car out after 7:00pm----RANT !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by snasrulla
"somebody gonna get a hurt real bad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVlX9Ve5Rv4

Come on Mr. Swing didn't you let your wife fly away for 5 weeks while you
stayed home and looked after the kids.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
fffffffttttshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Well now we all know who is the "Man" in your Relationship :P
Dude...just wait your turn. Your time will come.

Originally Posted by Dr Mitch
Do you have car seats for the turbo?

My suggestion: get them into the car and used to the "grumble" as my son calls it.
Particularly take them when it's getting close to nap time - worse (actually best) case scenario, they get so used to napping in the car that it become the ONLY way they'll nap - "be back in a bit hon, kids need a nap!"

If you want, you can park the car at my place, it won't wake MY kids up!

Good luck Al.
My Son loves the car and goes nuts if I take it out without him. He was saying "poor-sha" before he can say daddy.

Originally Posted by Nine11
Nope. In the summers, I head out at times for planned runs as early as 5:30-6am. Wife is understanding and is cool about it. Kids do on occasion get woken up but it's not hard to put them back down.

Call your wife...ask for your left nut back.
Are you kidding me? Its the right nut and the back bone that she has too!

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Your complimentary subscription is on its way....
Hey Phil, did you get a buy one get one free subscription??? lol !

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
Al....I feel for you. I hope that you really did not pull the coverage.
Coverage was pulled as of 12:00 am today....

Originally Posted by d964
How old are the kids?
Kids are 2 and 3 months.

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Is this a joke?

^^^Of course not. I wouldn't stand for it for 1 second.
Jamie...I only dream of being "The Man" like you. A stable full of Exotics and a Store full of "All you can burn Mobile 1" Life is good !

Originally Posted by theiceman
i say just give her the keys ... and ask for them back in the spring allong with your *****..
EZ there Clive.....Don't make me call your Mom.

Originally Posted by Granger968
Move it outside of the garage before the kids go to bed...
In my neck of the woods....If I left the car outside there wouldn't be much left of it within an hour.

Originally Posted by Turbodan
call Eshel and get your windows replaced with the newest insulated argon windows...that is what I did right after I got my car...it makes the world of difference. when I come home late I do coast into driveway and garage (downhill).
good luck retrieveing your nuts.
Cars too low....I'd rip off the front bumper with a glide into the garage. Trust me....I've thought about it.

Originally Posted by The Stig
My car is loud too. My kids don't wake up when I leave the house but I sometimes just roll the car out of the garage and coast down the drive and fire it up.

I try not to let my wife carry my ***** in her purse, but it does happen on occasion, but not in relation to the car. So I won't go for the obvious "whipped" joke.
Its nice to know that I am not the only one who rolls it out with the engine off. I even give a good push to get it a bit further down the street.

The only problem was that the last time I was pushing it, some guys offered to help but wanted the wheels as their share of the cut.

Originally Posted by Rinty
Well, you have my sympathy, but: it's the weekend, the kids are finally tucked away, and your wife is looking forward to a few hours of being off duty.

Then, all of a sudden, the P-car springs to life in an enclosed space...
Thanks for the hug man !

Originally Posted by Shemmer
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure kids are used to waking up and going to sleep. They'll be fine but your wife on the other hand needs a good straightening out. Did you expect this type of attitude when you got married? If so then best of luck to you cause it's your own fault but if not then I suggest you set wifey outside. It should be a cold long winter.
LOL
When the Wifey gets Pissed.....Its a COLD LONG SUMMER TOO !! For some reason I have a soft spot for the Bitchy Women.

Originally Posted by NITEALB
next time just **** her.
Considering I have two kids in two years, maybe I shagged her two too many times..... lol !

Originally Posted by Zookie
Geez Albert what have you started here?... You are goona have to hear about this on every meet... Thats if your wife lets you out :P
Is it too late to retract a post???

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
There is more to the anger then just waking up the kids I think. Most kids sleep like rocks - the odd one has sleeping issues but unless your running raw headers and the kids sleep above the garage most wouldn't be bothered. I think there is a resentment mode going on and the kids waking up is only part of it.
OK...so this has deeper roots. Its just that the cost of keeping multiple cars makes Professional Therepy a no go.

Originally Posted by TurboS
Yeah...you tell him Eshel !!

PS. do you really do windows??
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Your complimentary subscription is on its way....
Ooooh man that cracked me up!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
OK...so this has deeper roots. Its just that the cost of keeping multiple cars makes Professional Therepy a no go.
Hey I hear yeah. Been there/done it a long time ago. At least you HAVE a P car at your age. I had to wait years!

A lot of it has to do with the young one's so close together and their ages. It's not about the P Car, or the kids waking up, as much as (and I'm trying not to out do Dr. Drew/Phil here) but as much as the short drive in the P Car 'looks' like an 'escape' for you - even if for a few short minutes. What is her 'time out' escape?

I've got too many friends who don't know what grocery shopping is, don't know what cooking is, don't understand house maintenance, and don't know where the Mr. Clean, mop or vacuum is stored in the house, don't know the name of their kid's teachers and the concept of a weekend off for the wife is alien to them.

Which is why ALL of my buddies are: 1. Getting a divorce, 2. Currently on a 'do over 2nd relationship, 3. Didn't do # 2 better then relationship #1 and are now looking on eHarmony.com for #3!

Not saying your any of the above at all - but I've seen so many P Car's sold because of reason #1 above.

It's not handing your nuts to a woman if you decide your 50% of the relationship and actually SUPPORT the relationship people. Being all macho is always fine until her lawyer rips your nuts off and you have to sell the P Car.

Seen it over and over.

Funny/sad thing is; it's so stupid when guys finally 'get this' when they are on wife number 2/3 or so and they are driving a Kia...
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Canuck928
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had similar issues with my first and second wives....third times a charm
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your wife stays home full time with the kiddies and the only quiet time that she has to herself is when the kids are down, then having them woken (especially the 3 month old) by a 'joy ride' might send her over the edge to 'Bobbitt' you.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Al... er... I mean Bobbitt, you should always deny, deny, deny.... I always tell my wife 'it wasn't me' no matter what. My theme song is around somewhere... I''ll look around for it for ya.

...duh here it is, try it...work for me... .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4axo9rmJY

Last edited by Mark Lue; 01-25-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry Al, I couldn't resist. Best of luck with your parole officer.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TurboS
Esh, I felt my bra strap snap when you said that. LOL
Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
eddy915
Instructor

Thank God my wife ain't like that! But like I've told Al, tell the wife that "no guys like single mothers," but for the men it's alright as we don't have the 'baggage' so to speak. But again...use that line as a last resort!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 84 Posts

i say, if it bothers her so much, just skip the winter drives and take the road insurance off....

keep the peace.

by the time spring rolls around, your youngest will be 6+ months and almost at the sleeping like a rock stage.

P
(offspring - age 4 and 7 now)
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Since you already have the kids, sell the wife. UH better get the left nut back first or was it the right?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Marriage, kids, self-indulgence, hobbies - it's a fine balance.
Since having kids, I think I've golfed maybe 2 or 3 times a year (from 2-3 times a week).
I miss it, but I don't resent it. Everythings a compromise and there should not be any resentment (long-lasting at least). If there is something I would like to do on my own, or with my buddies, I just make sure she gets the occasional weekend/day/evening off from the kids as well.

I guess I voluntarily handed over my left nut a few years ago...
As the kids get older, you seem to get closer to getting that one nut back though.

Try sending her to the spa for a day - THEN take the car out (the following weekend though)... (I know, nearly impossible with one that young).

Seriously Al, I'm like 5 minutes from your place, I live on a quiet, safe street, you're car would love it here!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Yeah...you tell him Eshel !!

There's an old saying " don't throw stones if you live in glass houses"

PS. do you really do windows??[/QUOTE]

Yes I do windows.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by snasrulla
Esh, I felt my bra strap snap when you said that. LOL
LOL

Quick Reply: Offically Banned from taking the car out after 7:00pm----RANT !!