Notices

New To Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronnienorthyork
I think the best advice so far i have received (and there is lots of good advice on this forum, thank you) is that i need to go out and test drive as many cars as possible and then buy the one i fall in love with. Although i do wonder how many dealers or private sellers would let me do that if they smell i'm only in it for the test drive....?!?
Ronnie.
After test driving an '10 BMW 335i in September (my Dad was looking at them and I wanted to see what he was talking about) I was talking to the owners son (forget what title he had) and he was telling me how letting people test drive the cars is how they sell them. I'm 21 years old, yet they were more than happy to take the time to take me on a test drive. I didn't tell them my dad was looking, I just told them I was interested in the 335 and after letting them take me through the car, I told them I would be interested in taking one out.

In a way, you aren't only in it for a test drive, because you are genuinely interested in purchasing a Porsche in the near future. The fact that you aren't sure which one you want is the very reason you need to test drive them, and from the dealers/sellers point of view they want to convince you that their car is "the one". The only way for them to do this is to let you drive it and hopefully fall in love with it.

my 2 cents

I can't wait to hear about your drives and what you think! I hope to be in your position sooner rather than later!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on what Christien said.
The first time I sat in a Box I was hooked, it was a friends and I hadn't even considerered owning a Boxster. I was on a waiting list to order a Saturn Sky Redline. The car needs to "feel" right.

Quick Reply: New To Porsche