Notices

DRL help for 91 944 s2 cab

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:39 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL help for 91 944 s2 cab

I thought that I was exempt from the DRL requirement because the car is over 15 years old. Seems this is not the case and now I am scrambling to get something done for my Monday morning inspection appointment (Quebec SAAQ Requirement).

I would take it to a local professional to get done but will not be able to take the time off work this week to do it.

Anyone have easy to follow instructions on setting up DRL with the fog lights that doesn't require me ordering any parts just wiring or using parts that would be available at a local auto parts store.

Even if it is not the best setup if it can get me through inspection I will be happy and then can redo later if necessary.

I want to have the inspection done before my temporary us plate expires.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 398 Posts

why not just leave them on? when car starts they come on...or do the parking lights need to be on, I can't remember, I never use the fogs as they draw a lot of power, and with my stereo amp my mechanic recommended not using them. but in 87 they didn't have DRLs so why do you need it? who is inspecting?
or you could run a wire from the key ignition (for accessories) to the fog switch
Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lights need to be on when key is on. don't need the parking lights. Seems on my car the fog lights dont function without the headlights on.

It is a 91 and any car produced after November 1990 has to have them to be on the road in Canada.

The inspection will be done by an authorized inspection center for the SAAQ (Quebec license bureau)

DO you think this would work on my 91 cab? the information is for an 85.5 car.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...installed.html

thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mhr
lights need to be on when key is on. don't need the parking lights. Seems on my car the fog lights dont function without the headlights on.

It is a 91 and any car produced after November 1990 has to have them to be on the road in Canada.

The inspection will be done by an authorized inspection center for the SAAQ (Quebec license bureau)

DO you think this would work on my 91 cab? the information is for an 85.5 car.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...installed.html

thanks
The wiring did not change very much over the years you should be able to use that for the inspection and revert back after the inspection if you want.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Pull the low bean relay and jump the poles with one from an ignition ON +12V. I’m sure you can find one around the relay panel.

Quick Reply: DRL help for 91 944 s2 cab