Notices

Porsche World Roadshow

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Will be there tomorrow...weather may be a little be better than the misery of today...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Yes, inside the main tent there are merchandises for sale, clothing, toys, even a golfbag, at a discount and tax free too. The other day we clean them out of the USB storage stick in the shape of a Porsche key, hopefully they restock them for you guys.
I heard that you Vancouver folks were a great bunch who had a lot of fun bonding at the dinner the previous night and spent a ton at the boutique!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 522 Posts

You should have seen the sea of Porsche shopping bags at the airport check-in, lol

We sure had lot of fun in Toronto, just to one example of what happened with us, Stef was telling us the Cayenne Turbo exhaust expands 3cm under full throttle because of the heat, immediately one of the older guys replied "that's what I am missing, the 3cm"
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

You should have seen the sea of Porsche shopping bags at the airport check-in, lol

We sure had lot of fun in Toronto, just to one example of what happened with us, Stef was telling us the Cayenne Turbo exhaust expands 3cm under full throttle because of the heat, immediately one of the older guys replied "that's what I am missing, the 3cm"

Stef and Rudi are quite the characters...they could do stand-up.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"that's what I am missing, the 3cm"
Let me guess, Pat Ma? hahaha
Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I am hoping all the rain jackets arn't sold out after today or I'll end up a very wet rat.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Let me guess, Pat Ma? hahaha
Michael Kan...........

Pat Ma was chasing the Porsche girls all day
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

My short review.

Cayman S is fast, feels nimble and light but still planted but not as much as the 4S. 230-235 on the back straight.

C4S feels planted and even in the wet I couldn't lose traction accelerating out of 5. I traded my GT2 ride for a C4S hotlap. We hit 228 down the back straight which to me was a little disappointing. The instructor did mess up the exit out of 5 and he said he usually hits 235.

There wasn't a C2 to try out so I am still left wondering how that would handle.

I got really lucky, there wasn't enough people to pair up in my group. So after every lap I was able to drive the same car again while the others switched drivers. I ended up getting 4 laps in with the Cayman S. Though it was very slow, not lapping speed that for sure.

I at least got enough laps with PDK cars to get used to it and know that it's ok. After driving the only manual car, the C4S. I noticed right away that it was like driving a school bus with the long shifts but it was the most fun car around the track. The PDK is fast and willing but it just isn't any fun. I don't think I am much an automatic driver. Even at one point forgot to put it into park before starting to get out, you'd think they would have a neutral when the car is stopped. Guess I’ve been playing much RacePro on the xbox

The PDK C4S Targa felt planted but it did feel heavier then the coupe.

I’m also an experienced off roader but with older Military vehicles that don’t have the gadgets like the Cayenne. The Cayenne was just awesome and would make anyone look like a pro. I found my Range Rover and Discovery sometimes was a hassle keeping it from lowering automatically. The Cayenne seems to have the proper speed limits set when deciding to lower the suspension.

The brake test was very educational. The TT with PCCBs stops really fast and the amount of control you have under full braking is exceptional. Seems they’ve found the sweet spot for braking while maintaining steering control.

Overall it was the best test drive one could have. The staff and event was exceptional.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:30 PM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Cayman S is fast, feels nimble and light but still planted but not as much as the 4S. 230-235 on the back straight.
230 is a lot faster than my personal record.

Greg, was that with or without passenger?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Going Tomorrow, goota hit the bed and get some sleep
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
carguy88
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Great review Greg, thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by webbie
230 is a lot faster than my personal record.

Greg, was that with or without passenger?
with
Old 04-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My short review.

C4S feels planted and even in the wet I couldn't lose traction accelerating out of 5. I traded my GT2 ride for a C4S hotlap. We hit 228 down the back straight which to me was a little disappointing. The instructor did mess up the exit out of 5 and he said he usually hits 235.

There wasn't a C2 to try out so I am still left wondering how that would handle.

I got really lucky, there wasn't enough people to pair up in my group. So after every lap I was able to drive the same car again while the others switched drivers. I ended up getting 4 laps in with the Cayman S. Though it was very slow, not lapping speed that for sure.

I at least got enough laps with PDK cars to get used to it and know that it's ok. After driving the only manual car, the C4S. I noticed right away that it was like driving a school bus with the long shifts but it was the most fun car around the track. The PDK is fast and willing but it just isn't any fun. I don't think I am much an automatic driver. Even at one point forgot to put it into park before starting to get out, you'd think they would have a neutral when the car is stopped. Guess I’ve been playing much RacePro on the xbox

The PDK C4S Targa felt planted but it did feel heavier then the coupe.

I’m also an experienced off roader but with older Military vehicles that don’t have the gadgets like the Cayenne. The Cayenne was just awesome and would make anyone look like a pro. I found my Range Rover and Discovery sometimes was a hassle keeping it from lowering automatically. The Cayenne seems to have the proper speed limits set when deciding to lower the suspension.

The brake test was very educational. The TT with PCCBs stops really fast and the amount of control you have under full braking is exceptional. Seems they’ve found the sweet spot for braking while maintaining steering control.

Overall it was the best test drive one could have. The staff and event was exceptional.
A pretty fair review Greg, no words wasted. Both Phill and yourself are getting good at reporting your findings.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 AM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with
That's awesome
Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

Greg,
thanks for sharing your experience. What does your c4s hit on the back straight. was the track dry?
I may be going tomorrow.
too bad the lapping wasn't faster.
I wonder what lap times they can do in the gt2???

Quick Reply: Porsche World Roadshow