Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:34 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this, I saw it on the frontpage of digg.com:

http://www.f**kyourogers.com/index.php
http://digg.com/apple/Rogers_iPhone_...nada_Screw_you

It's a small world, I met Ted Rogers at a wedding last week, he was rockin this shiny dar blue suit. Pretty hip guy for being his age

Forgot to say, I'm happy with my unlocked iphone, I just have a cheap pay as you go plan because wi-fi is everywhere I go. The Rogers lady even helped me when my phone's IMEI number was American & not Canadian(or something like that) so she entered a generic one
Old 06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Cody D
Instructor

No unlimited data plan = Me not being interested.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

ditto
Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Can anyone tell me why it is that i need an iphone?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
fire_n_ice
Instructor

Originally Posted by jim 7
Can anyone tell me why it is that i need an iphone?
Assuming your post is not entirely sarcastic, you *may* need an iphone because it is actually a very good device for web browsing, media playing and integration with your Mac computers, if you have any. It is, however, inferior to BlackBerry for corporate usage cases, including heavy use of email.

What you definitely DON'T NEED is a cell phone contract with Rogers, my experience with whom almost drove me to insanity. You'd be better off getting an iPhone with a U.S. carrier and a roaming contract.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

My Dad got back from Seoul, Korea and the whole Rogers fiasco was in their newspapers!

To add fuel to the fire:

http://digg.com/apple/Rogers_getting...ioned_by_Apple

And why don't you just wait and buy Canadian, RIM's new badboy:

http://gizmodo.com/5022598/first-pic...nder-in-action
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
webbie
Pro

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...2-da55109b259b

Spat with Rogers leaves Canadian Apple stores without iPhones

Vancouver Sun

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Apple has decided that its Canadian retail stores will have no part in helping Rogers market the new 3G iPhone handset to customers, the website AppleInsider reports.

As a result, Canadian Apple Retail stores won't be selling the new 3G iPhones Friday, July 11, representatives for the Cupertino-based company said during a private conference call on Monday evening. Instead, it will be up to Rogers and its partner Fido to lock subscribers into 3-year contracts that require a minimum monthly payment of $60 for just 150 minutes, 75 text messages, and 400MB of data.

Calls to Canadian Apple retail stores early Tuesday confirmed the move. Although the majority of the of stores contacted by AppleInsider said they were still unsure whether they'd be selling the new iPhone, one representative ultimately confirmed that Rogers and its partner stores will be the only place to buy iPhone 3G come Friday. Canadian Apple retail stores will, however, have demo units on hand the same day.

Asked whether the decision not to sell the iPhone was a result of Rogers' poor service offerings, the representative would only say that: "We have nothing to do with the service plans. Those are Rogers' plans."

Word of Apple's abandonment of in-store sales comes just days after the company was reported to have sanctioned Rogers by diverting a significant amount of Canada's iPhone 3G shipments to Europe as initial retribution. As a result, the Canadian carrier will likely receive only about 10 to 20 units per store, and therefore should "exercise caution" not to promise ample stock on launch day, people familiar with the matter have said.

Apple's knee-jerk reaction is believed to have been further stimulated by public outrage on the part of Canadian consumers following the release of the local pricing plans. Always concerned with its image, the iPhone maker has watched nearly 50,000 of its loyal customers sign an anti-Rogers petition at ruinediphone.com, which has in turn sparked hundreds of potentially damaging reports on the matter by bloggers and members of the mainstream media.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Time to bring this back to the top.
I called rogers this afternoon to find out about getting an iphone and got the biggest peckerhead on the line...****ty customer service would be a compliment for this moron. He flat out told me that I wasn't eligible to "upgrade" my phone until December 17 even if it meant that I was going with a more expensive plan and Mr. Ted would be making more $$ from me!
Just to set the picture straight: I've been a Rogers (formerly Cantel) customer since 1990. Including the 4 cellphones in my household, internet service, home phone service and cable TV & HD boxes, I spend about $7000 annually at Rogers. Am I a good customer? By ANY definition I would say: yes! Dickweed on the line didn't seem to think so and was willing to pass me over to the cancellation department if I was unhappy with his answers and the service I was getting. Amazing.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Cody D
Instructor

I switched from Telus to Rogers about two years ago and from my experience the customer service is crap everywhere you go. I bought my iPhone before removing my other phone so I had to pay the cancelation fee. I'm really enjoying the phone, I've found it has some major issues though which make me think a blackberry might have been the better choice. Limiting Bluetooth the way they did is stupid, they are having serious issues with third party software, and it has some lag issues.

BTW, this was posted from my iPhone, haha.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 PM
webbie
Pro

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I called rogers this afternoon to find out about getting an iphone and got the biggest peckerhead on the line...****ty customer service would be a compliment for this moron. He flat out told me that I wasn't eligible to "upgrade" my phone until December 17 even if it meant that I was going with a more expensive plan and Mr. Ted would be making more $$ from me!
Just to set the picture straight: I've been a Rogers (formerly Cantel) customer since 1990. Including the 4 cellphones in my household, internet service, home phone service and cable TV & HD boxes, I spend about $7000 annually at Rogers. Am I a good customer? By ANY definition I would say: yes! Dickweed on the line didn't seem to think so and was willing to pass me over to the cancellation department if I was unhappy with his answers and the service I was getting. Amazing.
Phil, just call again and talk to a diff CSR. Or, tell the guy to pass you to retention dept. I learned this from hofo.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
SHEMM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Yes, try again. I'm on the family plan and my son wanted his second upgrade in two years. He called Rogers on Friday and the phone will be delivered to our house by Wednesday of this week. He has no data plan, just phone and text. The cost for the 16 Gig was $ 324 - no issues, no 3 year plan, no data plan, just the $ 40 phone/high text plan he has. He said the lady was really nice, said they had lots, and didn't even want to speak to me. This after speaking to half a dozen other CSR who all told him the same thing....."next week, maybe, but no home delivery available for the iphone unless you are a new activation."

Will see what happens on Wednesday.......Rogers confirms its in UPS hands today.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Best electronic device I've ever owned. Highly recommended!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Phil: sorry you received poor service...PM me if you do not get what you want and I will follow up directly..I missed this thread as I was away.
Ronan
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys, I got mine on Friday...and so far I have no problems with it...love it!!
Now my son wnats one, (what else is new).

SHEMM, who did you talk to about getting your son one without signing up for the Data plan?
I have my son on the voice with unlimited text plan...I would like to get him an iPhone if I could get that plan transfered over.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
F430CS
Intermediate

can we get iPhone 3g without the data plan?

Quick Reply: iphone 3G confirmed for Canada July 11th