Notices

GTA GTG NEW WINTER LOCATION!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:23 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is, and just think, it's over a hundred years old (give or take) and still works great..no RMS issue with this baby...
Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Kirk930
Instructor

And they said they would never build a diesel? Hmmmm.......
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imcarthur
Geez. What about the Porsche tractor?

Ian
Good find Ian, this is the best spy shot I have seen so far of the 2009 Cayenne Turbo Diesel
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

so how do I get to Artizanos anyway ?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anybody has interest, their is even a Porsche Tractor Registry PORSCHE-DIESEL Registry for North America

Clive: Artisano Bakery Cafe Ltd

Ian
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Thanks Ian .. looks like a typical artsy up scale place Phil would hang out at ..
actually it looks good, wireless too so we can settle some arguements and order some parts.
Oh Ian thanks again for the lift in LA. They wouldn't sell me anything and I ordered a taxi and left .. bummer.

PS if anyone is ordering any parts I need a couple of belts, I am fresh out.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Nape75'911T
Instructor

Default Have to share an oldy but a favourite.....

I've been riding bikes for much longer than I've owned a Porsche......I have noticed with the 930 that I get a wave or a nod from a lot of other non Porsche pilots though, which is nice......here's a great one, about the biker wave......

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan...

...Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda. I'll wave at Honda guys, but, even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes The Brotherhood of the Road so special?

I always liked that one......looking forward to a visit to the bakery soon....but this weekend is the last big dirt bike ride in Ganaraska Forest......going to go freeze and slide.......see you guys soon.

Mark
Old 11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nape75'911T

I always liked that one......looking forward to a visit to the bakery soon....but this weekend is the last big dirt bike ride in Ganaraska Forest......going to go freeze and slide.......see you guys soon.

Mark
You ride the Ganaraska too eh? When I had my '01 CR250 I use to ride that all the time. A little tricky in a 2stroke meant for racing but really fun. What kind of bike do you ride?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nape75'911T
Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.
Pow Pow Powerwheels
Old 11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Somebody's brain here needs an enema, (and it is not mine)
Old 11-24-2007, 03:36 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts
Default First GTG at Artisano's: feedback?

Well we had a pretty good turnout at our new winter location with 2 996 C4S, 1 993 C2, 1 997 TT and a 944 all parked in formation. Also a few regulars showed in their winter beaters. All told, about 10 of us were there enjoying the coffee, pannini and other sandwiches available.
Please post your impressions of the place both positive and negative.
I'll go first.
Large parking lot; getting there first, I was able to commandeer a p-car row away from the sea of minivans and suvs. I probably should have tried to get some tables further in and away from the drafty front entrance, but Greg and I wanted to make sure we were visible to everyone coming to the GTG.
I give the place:
Old 11-24-2007, 06:12 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I give the place:
+1
I like this place.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Great breakfast and bottomless coffee.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

a few problems and unexpected surprises this week. maybe I will make it out next week ..
Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AM993
+1
I like this place.
+2
Traffic on the 427 ;(

Quick Reply: GTA GTG NEW WINTER LOCATION!