Just Joined

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
Christien,

Apex driving has a great relations ship with Mosport and we could do a last minute day no problem, even get a great rate on a weekend day. If you happed to see a day that is looking stellar, email me and i will see what i can put together price wise for the day

what would be a price point you would like for a last minute event?
For me it's not so much the cost as it is my availability. Weekdays are sometimes preferably, but again, it's hit and miss. It's also a question of cars - the 911 is off the road for the winter (or at least it will be as of tonight), with some much needed tranny work to be done, and I'm testing out the 83 944 at Dunnville on Saturday. If it turns out to be a POS on Saturday, I won't be taking it to Mosport, needless to say. (I've never had it on the track before - I bought it to either turn into a track car or use as a winter car.)

Over the summer we pay $300 for a full day with BRG (2 groups, so 3 hours of total track time), so over the offseason, maybe $200? But I'm guessing the actual track rental is the only part that will be discounted. Insurance and marshalls will be the same price, wouldn't they? I can see going with fewer marshalls, but I'd think you'd still need one at 2, 5, 7 and 10.

Depending on the group of people driving, I'm happy with open track all day lapping, but if there's a huge spread of experience (i.e. newbies to racers) I'd prefer to see 2 run groups.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey Pongobaz,

i hope those drinks with the popcorn is cold german draft!!! lol

I think i recognize your C4S, Did Jimmy look after you once upon a time at the dealership?
Hi Brad,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, Jimmy did look after my car once...and only once. He was great and I made sure to let him and everyone on this forum know that my issue wasn't with him, but rather with Chris Pfaff and his myopic views on customer care for US car owners. I won't bore you by rehashing all the details of that episode since that post went to 9 pages. But in the end I am grateful for the poor treatment I received since it made me discover a true world class service experience at Downtown Porsche. It's interesting to see that Mr. Pfaff has changed his tune and is now openly soliciting our service and tunning business from those of us who didn't buy initially from his stores...rumour is that Pfaff will also broker the purchase of a new US-spec Audi for you now!
While the past is the past and we all must move forward, I would suggest that as the new GM of Pfaff tuning your actions should speak louder than your words. Perhaps you should start by becoming a Rennlist site sponsor and offering us some incentive for shopping at your store. Simply put: what's in it for us? Is it better pricing? Better selection? Better service?...
BTW: Pfaff refused to honour the PCA 10% discount on parts and service for me because my car was from the US...old wounds, yes, but the healing takes a long time.
Hope to see you at one of our GTGs.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil,

Well moving forward it is in my marketing plans to advertise on rennlist and some other Audi and Vw forums.

i will be joining as a full member this week to. so i can post some pics and things.

As for coming out to one of the GTG's i would love too.... i know the area where you all meet. I will see how soon i can get to one. Hope you dont mind if i drive my A4 demo.... i promise it will at least have some grunt to keep pace with you guys.....lol

I know Eshel comes out to them form time to time.....
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Jag,

do you have an email i can send you our warranty info.

As far as Porsche is concerned if you modify anything on the car ie: exhaust, they will not warranty the replaced part. and if the modifed part causes a failure and Porsche deems it to be the reason then they can deny warranty.

In all my years of working with Porsche doing lowerings and software upgrades etc... i have never had a major failure caused by a modification. If you go to crazy and something breaks if may become a bigger issue, but i'm talking about 600 plus horsepower kits....

I did have the oppurtunity to drive the Tech GT Street 911 TT, WOW, 600bhp in a tiptronic.... fastest car i have ever driven that has been tuned.

We are planning to build one for us this spring. will be an amazing project. Tech art actually tested the car for top speed in Germany on one of those big ovals and got it to 246mph......

in my opinion you have nothing to worry about and we stand behind our products.

Now for your car the software upgrade and an exhaust would be a good combination for your Turbo. If you know Eshel, just ask him......

if you have question call me at the shop 905 907 1001
Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Guess it's time for me to chime in. I've been a Pfaff customer for over 7 years, first with Audi, and as of 2 years ago I purchased my 996TT.
My buying experience, as well as after sales service have been exemplary. All the modifications, including a Pfaff modified exhaust, GIAC chip, diverter valves, short shifter and springs, have transformed this car into a street driven track car......
Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Jag,

do you have an email i can send you our warranty info.

As far as Porsche is concerned if you modify anything on the car ie: exhaust, they will not warranty the replaced part. and if the modifed part causes a failure and Porsche deems it to be the reason then they can deny warranty.

In all my years of working with Porsche doing lowerings and software upgrades etc... i have never had a major failure caused by a modification. If you go to crazy and something breaks if may become a bigger issue, but i'm talking about 600 plus horsepower kits....

I did have the oppurtunity to drive the Tech GT Street 911 TT, WOW, 600bhp in a tiptronic.... fastest car i have ever driven that has been tuned.

We are planning to build one for us this spring. will be an amazing project. Tech art actually tested the car for top speed in Germany on one of those big ovals and got it to 246mph......

in my opinion you have nothing to worry about and we stand behind our products.

Now for your car the software upgrade and an exhaust would be a good combination for your Turbo. If you know Eshel, just ask him......

if you have question call me at the shop 905 907 1001

Thanks Brad. I have sent you an email as well.

Cheers, Jag
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Hey Esch,

What are you up to sunday? look for an email from Gerry.....
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Zookie,
We carry the GIAC software, i take it you drive a 996 TT?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

jumper,

what year is your car and i will get you pricing on the items you listed.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Zookie,
We carry the GIAC software, i take it you drive a 996 TT?
He couldn't handle the power.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

jumper,

what year is your car and i will get you pricing on the items you listed.
2002 C4S
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I bought my 997 Carrera S new at Pfaff and the service was good. Salesperson had a 996, 997 and a 996TT for me to test drive back to back to back. Then I took a month to decide what I wanted. We did the deal by fax since I'm in Ottawa. No issues.

I bought my GT3 in the US. Selection was better (my car had 980 miles on it when I picked it up in July) and I saved $30k.

FWIW a bunch of Rennsport guys (Ottawa/Montreal) had cats fail in their GT3s. The consensus is bad gas.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Brad was it you who had the 996 with the Aerokit? It wasn't Arctic but a silver/grey.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 AM
turboGary
Racer

Hey Brad, how's it going? Gary Schill here.... remember my dad raced the Turbo cup 944 #29. The good old POP84 days, back in 88'-90'.... with Franz, you and the crew "We are here to pump you up!" hahaha.... Mont Tremblant was always a blast....

Last I heard you were in leasing, been a while and I think that was still in Newmarket. Well congrats with the new position. I'd come out to play but I just took the car off the road for the winter. 87' factory slantnose 930.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cats and over revs type 1

Hi Brad
Correct me if I am wrong, but over revs type 1 cause the rev limiter to
cut firing every other pulse, and the misfiring may damage the cats. Sportec
changed the limiter system to a Swiss made model, and it cured the
problem on their 802 Hp 911 (September issue of Excellence).
So, I was just wondering if over revs type 1 occurred.
John

the reason that tracking can lead to premature failure is when you finish a session and come into the pits, if you just simply shut your car down it becomes a giant heat sink and with no air flow and no cooloant flowing the heat has no where to go, so it can cause the cats to overheat internally and break the way they are monuted internally.

i only put this to you as one reason they can fail... they are several others i could list to.

everything can fail at anytime for no reason. sometimes there are thins we can do to help our Porsche out.

Quick Reply: Just Joined