Notices

Just Joined

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christien,

I spoke to the service manager today at Pfaff and they are doing all warranty work on US cars and booking them in as per there scheduling time frame. from what i understand they are booked about 1.5 weeks in advance right now. The other news is that Porsche Cars Canada will be seperating from PCNA Jan 1, 2008. How this will impact the US car warranty i'm not sure, but i will keep you posted as to what i find out.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Jumper,

Do you track your car? i have seen the cat issue before during my time at pfaff and there usually is a reason for so many cat failures. How long have the new cats been in the car?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

To all of you on here,

We are having a small get together here Sunday at Tuning to watch what will be the last race off the season! the Nascar finale! yes i know it's not our chosen form of racing to watch but we do have our home grown boys Jaques and Partick running in the season finale. So we thought we would just get together hang out and watch the race. I will also have the new Audi R8 in our showroom to get up close with and to check out. Being a huge race fan, Nascar was not ever my first choice, but F1, Champ car, ALMS, are all over for the year, so this is what's left.

I'm just putting it out there for you. if you are interested let me know i can post our address here.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
Jumper,

Do you track your car? i have seen the cat issue before during my time at pfaff and there usually is a reason for so many cat failures. How long have the new cats been in the car?
Yes I track the car, though I didn't track it during the first 2 years I had it and both original cats went during that time.
The second set were blown this year. I did maybe 6 track days on them last year.

The 3rd set of new cats have been on since May for one and July for the other one and have about 17 track days of them.

I think the cats are covered under warranty under the federal emissions act for 8 years or 80000 miles
Old 11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Forgive my ignorance of such modern things as cats but why would they fail because a car's been tracked? These cars are built for the track! Surely PAG doesn't expect people only to drive their cars in the city, in traffic?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Christien
Forgive my ignorance of such modern things as cats but why would they fail because a car's been tracked? These cars are built for the track! Surely PAG doesn't expect people only to drive their cars in the city, in traffic?
GT3's have cats as well. If the 996 cats don't live up to tracking it, then maybe the 996 Gt3 cats could be used?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Brad
Welcome to the board! I've been a long time Pfaff Tuning customer and Apex attendee and my experiences have been more than positive. Best wishes on your new role.....you'd best develop your coffee habit as you'll be up late replying to posts. Another suggestion is to become a Rennlist member.

As an FYI to Rennlisters, I was at the new Pfaff Tuning location getting StoneGuard on my wife's A3 (clean loaner car provided, excellent job) and they have quite a deal on Champion wheels/tires.
Cheers
Ian
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

the reason that tracking can lead to premature failure is when you finish a session and come into the pits, if you just simply shut your car down it becomes a giant heat sink and with no air flow and no cooloant flowing the heat has no where to go, so it can cause the cats to overheat internally and break the way they are monuted internally.

i only put this to you as one reason they can fail... they are several others i could list to.

everything can fail at anytime for no reason. sometimes there are thins we can do to help our Porsche out.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Thanks Ian,

i dont think i will take up the coffee habit.... i will stick with red bull....lol

cna hardly wait for the spring to get back to the track. Maybe i will keep my eyes glue to the weather and see if we can find a warm Nov or Dec day to put together a last minute track day at mosport.

any takers.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Welcome to the Board... Im sorry if you get harrassed here, its not fair to you, but thats for you to deal with... I personally have had great Experiance with Pfaff Porsche and Pfaff Tuning... Jimmy at Pfaff Service Dep is a great guy and has helped me out on several ocations... I just have one issue, Why the hell is Pfaff Tunings Mark-Up Soo High...? Enjoy your stay...

PS: Since your here you can throw in some Deals for us on Rennlist...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
Thanks Ian,

i dont think i will take up the coffee habit.... i will stick with red bull....lol

cna hardly wait for the spring to get back to the track. Maybe i will keep my eyes glue to the weather and see if we can find a warm Nov or Dec day to put together a last minute track day at mosport.

any takers.....
Yes, absolutely! I don't understand why everyone ends their track programs in September! October is awesome driving weather, even well into November. Last year we had a thaw in January that saw temps over 10 degrees - if that happens again, book it! It should be dirt cheap that time of year.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Guys,
I like to do deals, I have ben reviewing some of our prices and have adjusted to compensate for the Dollar's rise. As a group here at tuning we are looking at our inventory and the pricing. if there is a specific product you have an interest in, let me know and i can put together some deals. We are currenlty looking to do deals on all our instock Champion wheels. If there are other items you need prices for let me know and i will look into them.

let me know what you want for your Porsche's and we can find out pricing and availability.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Christien,

Apex driving has a great relations ship with Mosport and we could do a last minute day no problem, even get a great rate on a weekend day. If you happed to see a day that is looking stellar, email me and i will see what i can put together price wise for the day

what would be a price point you would like for a last minute event?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

i need Software... What are my Options?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Quick question. I kinda decided I will likely do these mods in the future.

What's your pricing for a 996 like on the following

- RSS Plenum http://www.roadsportsupply.com
- Evoms Intake http://www.evoms.com
- Evoms ECU http://www.evoms.com

Quick Reply: Just Joined